• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cadpat Overboard?

thats as funny as it is scary...

imagine if the wrong person took that and Ran with it?

and we accually got it issued?

yikes!

though i wil admit those pics made my night

cheers
  Josh

Does anyone know if there are plans to make AR CADPAT tac vests? When I see a picture of a Canadian soldier in Afghanistan I find it funny that their tac vest totally underminds the perpose of their AR CADPAT.

I'm sure I saw a soldier wering a CADPAT(AR) vest in a recent issue of The Maple Leaf

andpro-To answer your question, yes there is. Below is a picture of the vest. It is also mentioned on the Clothe the soldier Website. I heard they are pushing out the CADPAT AR ones at a fast pace.

http://army.ca/cgi-bin/album.pl?photo=Vehicles/Equipment/A490.jpg

On a side note, don't confuse the AR TV with the AR LBV. There were AR Vests out there that from what i have been told were were "quick fix" using the design of the mid 90's era LBV in CADPAT AR. I do not know if they still use these. As you can see in the photo below, these LBV's are in CADPAT AR but are not TV.

http://www.combatcamera.forces.gc.ca/netpub/server.np?original=7623&site=combatcamera&catalog=photos&aspect&width=430

Cheers

Thanks a lot. That looks a lot better than the regular CADPAT tac vests on AR CADPAT.

Great from those pics of the CADPAT tie and beret. Three soldiers came into Tim Hortons on saturday in North Battleford. What did I look for? The CADPAT tie n beret.  ::) I am kind of glad I didn't see em though. My co worker laughed at the fact that our camo is pixalated though.

Rory said:
Great from those pics of the CADPAT tie and beret. Three soldiers came into Tim Hortons on saturday in North Battleford. What did I look for? The CADPAT tie n beret.  ::) I am kind of glad I didn't see em though. My co worker laughed at the fact that our camo is pixalated though.

I kinda laughed that your co worker has 3 teeth and is fat!! :'(
JK...... everyone is going pixilated. Just look at the sprinkles on the donut your eating and youll see what I mean.

MPSHIELD said:
andpro-To answer your question, yes there is. Below is a picture of the vest. It is also mentioned on the Clothe the soldier Website. I heard they are pushing out the CADPAT AR ones at a fast pace.

http://army.ca/cgi-bin/album.pl?photo=Vehicles/Equipment/A490.jpg

On a side note, don't confuse the AR TV with the AR LBV. There were AR Vests out there that from what i have been told were were "quick fix" using the design of the mid 90's era LBV in CADPAT AR. I do not know if they still use these. As you can see in the photo below, these LBV's are in CADPAT AR but are not TV.

http://www.combatcamera.forces.gc.ca/netpub/server.np?original=7623&site=combatcamera&catalog=photos&aspect&width=430

Cheers

I talked to some of the guys from my unit that came back from the SandBox. Saw photos of others in letters that have a month or so left on-tour. Some wore the CADPAT AR "Jean-Jacket" vest; some wore the TW TV. As for the LBV, I read in another thread that these were created in a large quantity to fill the void until the AR TV is issued. Kind of a moot point, don't ya think; I mean why waste the material building AR vests based on an old design instead of making the AR TV is the first place?

NL_engineer said:
I bet you will be able to but the Cadpat tie, at CPGear in a few months.
Beware what you wish fopr:
Cadpat neck tie & Beret do exist..... something cobbled together as a lark but.... they do exist.

I talked to some of the guys from my unit that came back from the SandBox. Saw photos of others in letters that have a month or so left on-tour. Some wore the CADPAT AR "Jean-Jacket" vest; some wore the TW TV. As for the LBV, I read in another thread that these were created in a large quantity to fill the void until the AR TV is issued. Kind of a moot point, don't ya think; I mean why waste the material building AR vests based on an old design instead of making the AR TV is the first place?

They only wants to make a better version of the TV based on operational feedback with the TW one. After the making of the AR one, the TW will have some upgrade in the next order. So until the trial is finished, the AR LBV will be issued.

Mickey said:
....... As for the LBV, I read in another thread that these were created in a large quantity to fill the void until the AR TV is issued. Kind of a moot point, don't ya think; I mean why waste the material building AR vests based on an old design instead of making the AR TV is the first place?
Well......You can put Ballistic plates in a LBV.  You can't with the TV.  Make any sense now?

armyvern said:
I work in Clothing Stores. I haven't noticed the smell of which you speak. Tomorrow I shall go sniff a new one.  :) Maybe I just don't notice a smell because I've worked there too long.Lucky you. They obviously had no used on the shelf then in the size you wear. What you are issued with will depend on what they have in stock when you get it issued.

So did you notice the smell after or are we all crazy?

Just a Sig Op said:
So did you notice the smell after or are we all crazy?
Actually we were discussing this in the chat-room last night. I was asking if anyone had ever noticed....no I smelt and I still didn't notice.

Mickey said:

Mickey-Do you know if is a choice that soldier have one versus the other or do certain units get them over others? Only those on "special operations? Dismounted only?" Does anyone know? Just curious.

MPSHIELD said:
Mickey-Do you know if is a choice that soldier have one versus the other or do certain units get them over others? Only those on "special operations? Dismounted only?" Does anyone know? Just curious.

They didn't mention having a choice; just got whatever was available at the time I guess.......

soldiers301 said:
They only wants to make a better version of the TV based on operational feedback with the TW one. After the making of the AR one, the TW will have some upgrade in the next order. So until the trial is finished, the AR LBV will be issued.

That explains more to me...

George Wallace said:
Well......You can put Ballistic plates in a LBV.  You can't with the TV.  Make any sense now?

Yeah, that does make sense; what doesn't make sense is they wore the LBV overtop a protective vest (don't those carry plates??? or are they just frag vests?)

cheers,

Mickey

soldiers301 said:

What kind of changes are expected to be made??? I would like to see adjustable pouches and maybe a better gas mask Carrier. :salute:

I dont know for what is being changed, but Ill try to get information on this.

Back