• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cadpat Overboard?

We already have issued balaclavas, and those nifty neck gaiters. The neck gator with the mesh for your mouth with your bushcap pulled low pretty much reduces the need to cam your face. Although I doubt that would work very well for anything in the interior due to the heat during the summer.

Aquilus said:
We already have issued balaclavas, and those nifty neck gaiters. The neck gator with the mesh for your mouth with your bushcap pulled low pretty much reduces the need to cam your face. Although I doubt that would work very well for anything in the interior due to the heat during the summer.

Yeah I'm just talking thin thin fabric not insulated.

I was thkning of something like a cam system - some sort of paint, that didn't run out so quickly leave a load of dirty, bulky useless tubes around to carry.

what if you had some sort of different coloured chalk sticks that you could just paint yourself/buddies with? It obviously couldn't be just any chalk or maybe not even a form of chalk at all. Just some sort of stick you can rub into your skin with.

Synthos said:
what if you had some sort of different coloured chalk sticks that you could just paint yourself/buddies with? It obviously couldn't be just any chalk or maybe not even a form of chalk at all. Just some sort of stick you can rub into your skin with.

we could call it something simple.... like CAM stick, short for Camoflage!

or we can keep using the Hunters Cream... about a million times better then the old stick, and if you have baby wipes, Suprisingly easy to remove.

*edit*

Would CADPAT Socks be going overboard?  ::)

We will use whatever it takes to blend in if needed. Campaint, balaclava or even a plain face depending on the mission.Campaint is here to stay ladies ;)

I think there is too much Pissin and moaning on what should be CADPAT or not and you should be happy with the fact that you are getting issued new kit albeit slowly but new kit none the less.  As for CADPAT underwear we do have CADPAT fleece so you never know the next step, although I do remember pers from my unit trialing CADPAT T-shirts at one point in time.  Its about time we as a military start looking like a professional force and not a third world army, with the aquisition of shiney new kit we do look more presentable in the worlds eye, this being my opinon of course, but I would hope there are others that agree with me, and I know for a fact if the CF recalled everything CADPAT and reissued that old green crap there would be a mutiny of epic porportions, at least with the combat arms guys, Infantry for sure. Be happy with what you got, its already better than what you used to have. Condider yourself lucky that your not still wearing 100% wool Battle Dress.
SOLDIER ON!!

grayman said:
I think there is too much Pissin and moaning on what should be CADPAT or not and you should be happy with the fact that you are getting issued new kit albeit slowly but new kit none the less.  As for CADPAT underwear we do have CADPAT fleece so you never know the next step, although I do remember pers from my unit trialing CADPAT T-shirts at one point in time.  Its about time we as a military start looking like a professional force and not a third world army, with the aquisition of shiney new kit we do look more presentable in the worlds eye, this being my opinon of course, but I would hope there are others that agree with me, and I know for a fact if the CF recalled everything CADPAT and reissued that old green crap there would be a mutiny of epic porportions, at least with the combat arms guys, Infantry for sure. Be happy with what you got, its already better than what you used to have. Condider yourself lucky that your not still wearing 100% wool Battle Dress.
SOLDIER ON!!

Well said.

grayman said:
As for CADPAT underwear we do have CADPAT fleece so you never know the next step, although I do remember pers from my unit trialing CADPAT T-shirts at one point in time.

Given that the official party line on the fleece is that it's an under-garment, I'm surprised that it's printed in cadpat, as it should be covered with a combat shirt or combat jacket... that being said, there are epaullettes on it, and it's regularly worn (Sensibly so) as an outer garment... so the cadpat makes sense.

The thought of cadpat underwear is just ridiculous though... you know how horribly new combats breathe? Could you imagine cadpat printed underwear?

I was just issued my CADPAT Goretex bath towel a couple of weeks ago, so it looks like this trend is out of control....

MG

Just a Sig Op said:
Given that the official party line on the fleece is that it's an under-garment, I'm surprised that it's printed in cadpat, as it should be covered with a combat shirt or combat jacket... that being said, there are epaullettes on it, and it's regularly worn (Sensibly so) as an outer garment... so the cadpat makes sense.

The thought of cadpat underwear is just ridiculous though... you know how horribly new combats breathe? Could you imagine cadpat printed underwear?

For me, the thought of having that 'smell' (you all know how brand new CADPAT combats smells) next to my meat and two veg would not be a fun experience...

I remember seeing the CADPAT T-shirts when they had all the RSMs trialling the 'new' uniforms. I know the Dutch do that, but I don't really think its all that important. A nice, moisture wicking shirt (a la UnderArmour) would be fantastic though...

Reading through this I cannot help but laugh at a few people. I understand you apparently don't enjoy wearing things which could mean the difference between your face being pegged from 200 metres or a tree. You may also understand that a homogenous glob of a soldier wearing nothing but CADPAT in most instances is very intimidating as
A) Country dishes out head to toe in terms of gear and its quality.
B) Your showing this off while in the field, whats more intimidating wearing some cargo jeans and a marine camo t-shirt while holding a IMI Desert Eagle or a Soldier uniformly dressed and armed for the occasion. While he may not seem as edgy or bad ass as the guy running in a circle with a desert eagle you know he is well trained and will dispatch a threat as needed. (the question you need to ask yourself is. Were you the kid who couldn't colour code himself? AKA the one kid who kept wearing two different coloured socks to school and looking the fool. Uniforms that are of the same camo look much more intimidating then the mis-matched sock troops that are out there.)

I am not saying you are all wrong but I am sensing a few people just don't appreciate a bit of cloth covering their arse which does a job on par with say a few extra 12 pound plates strapped to parts of the body.

0tto Destruct said:
For me, the thought of having that 'smell' (you all know how brand new CADPAT combats smells) next to my meat and two veg would not be a fun experience...

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the desert combats have the same stink? Mine apparently didn't, and I was under the impression the shirts at least were unused...

Just a Sig Op said:
Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the desert combats have the same stink? Mine apparently didn't, and I was under the impression the shirts at least were unused...
There's nothing wrong with the smell of a new set of Arid Region cadpat. And no, not everyone is issued new AR cadpat for deployments. New t-shirts yes. AR Cadpat no.

I suspect that some of the problems with the smell of the used AR Cadpat may have to do with the fact that it has previously been treated with permetherin. Once we get it back from the returning troops, we send it back to 25CFSD Montreal where it undergoes numerous cycles through the dry-cleaner prior to being returned into stock.

Regarding the fleece, it is considered an undergarment but it is not considered "next to skin," therefore it is not retained by personnel upon release but rather is again sent off to the dry cleaners and placed back into circulation.

armyvern said:
There's nothing wrong with the smell of a new set of Arid Region cadpat. And no, not everyone is issued new AR cadpat for deployments. New t-shirts yes. AR Cadpat no.

Reference the smell, myself and (I assume) the other poster were referring to the "fish" like smell of the TW CadPat when brand new...

With regards to the AR Cadpat, I'm well aware it's reused, my pants were clearly used, but the shirts seemed new, no fading what-so-ever,but also no "fish" smell.

Just a Sig Op said:
Reference the smell, myself and (I assume) the other poster were referring to the "fish" like smell of the TW CadPat when brand new...
I work in Clothing Stores. I haven't noticed the smell of which you speak. Tomorrow I shall go sniff a new one.  :) Maybe I just don't notice a smell because I've worked there too long.
Just a Sig Op said:
With regards to the AR Cadpat, I'm well aware it's reused, my pants were clearly used, but the shirts seemed new, no fading what-so-ever,but also no "fish" smell.
Lucky you. They obviously had no used on the shelf then in the size you wear. What you are issued with will depend on what they have in stock when you get it issued.

armyvern said:
I work in Clothing Stores. I haven't noticed the smell of which you speak. Tomorrow I shall go sniff a new one.  :) Maybe I just don't notice a smell because I've worked there too long.

Enjoy :)

Lucky you. They obviously had no used on the shelf then in the size you wear. What you are issued with will depend on what they have in stock when you get it issued.

Actually I washed them a few times as soon as I got them to get them to fade a little, can't stand brand new cadpat... doesn't breathe.

I received this in an email from my friend.

Heh heh, too funny.

Sup techs will love this.

You just never know.... Changes to the dress code. You have to see this.....

Item 1:  The CADPAT Necktie (possible working name: "CRAVATPAT"):

There used to be a time in the military when combats were for the field, work dress was for the office and CF's were for parades.  With the unfortunate demise of Work and Garrison Dress, many office workers have been obligated to wear combats.  Owing to the restrictions placed on pressing this order of dress, administrative workers throughout the CF have lost the ability to show some real pride in the way they wear their uniform.  The answer:  CRAVATPAT.

You will notice that the CRAVATPAT gives one a more finished look, similar to the effect produced by the 3A's.  The CRAVATPAT is sufficiently wide to accommodate a standard slip on in the appropriate area of the chest, ensuring that the wearer's rank is not obscured.  The slip on also acts as a means by which to place the excess, rear portion of the CRAVATPAT, ensuring that the wearer looks neat and tidy at all times.

Item 2:  The CADPAT Beret (possible working name:  "CADHAT"):

The age-old problem of how best to obscure the colour of one's beret when transitioning between the office and the field has now been solved.  For those working in a chiefly administrative position, switching between a beret and boonie hat (and sometime back again) for the odd trip into the sticks is a time-consuming process that often results in lost time at the office.  The answer:  CADHAT.

The CADHAT is designed to give maximum camouflage cover to the wearer while retaining all the distinguished features of a traditional beret.  For extended field use, the badge worn in garrison can be detached from the Velcro backing and replaced with a subdued version, possibly from the old OD field cap stocks still sitting in a CFSD somewhere.  Note also how natty the CADHAT looks when worn with the CRAVATPAT--a truly winning combination.

There's even pictures!

[Moderator edit - photos removed at the request of the originator]

Back