• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CADPAT Arid Shirts, Pants in the Works for CAN Tac Hel Crews

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
This, from MERX (.pdf also attached).....
.... Requirement: The Department of National Defence (DND) has a requirement for flame resistant (FR) shirts and trousers for Tactical Helicopter Crew in Canadian Disruptive Pattern Arid Region (CADPAT ™ AR) that meet the requirements outlined in the
Department of National Defence:

Manufacturing data for shirts TACTICAL helicopter crew, flame resistant DSSPM 2-6-87-2250 dated 2008-11-26
Manufacturing data for trousers, TACTICAL helicopter crew, flame resistant DSSPM 2-6-87-2264 dated 2008-11-26
Purchase Description for cloth, twill, aramid/FR viscose, 170 g/m2 DSSPM 2-2-80-239 dated 2008-11-25.
Specification for webbing DSSPM 2-2-80-101dated 2007-06-01,
Pre-contract award , pre-production and production technical
requirement,
Specification for CADPAT ™ (AR) DSSPM 2-2-80-501dated
2006-25-10,
Directive for evaluation of CADPAT ™ dated July 2004,
Textiles testing,
Requirement for special sizes,
and sealed patterns.

Firm Quantity:
This requirement is for a firm quantity of 1,400 trousers and 1,400 shirts to be delivered to Montreal, Quebec ....

Yahoo.

'Sbout time.

Thanks.

It was worth waking up today just for that.

Loach, that's gonna be so (un)sexy to see you in a tight-fitted 2 piece FS... lol

I just hope they'll be better quality than those I've seen trialed at 403 Sqn, especially the one that worn out to look like a CADPAT fleece PJ.

Cheers

I can't wait to see the look on the faces of the RSMs when they think we've tucked in the shirts to our combats and have not bloused our pants!  ;D

I wounder if they plan to issued them to the crews already in theatre, or they will let them sweat like hell with their outdated kit and green mustang vest...

Hey on a bright note, at least these might be able to be "borrowed" to equip our armour soldiers with something flame resistant.

Didn't they try to create a new crewsuit like a million years ago?

Bzzliteyr said:
Hey on a bright note, at least these might be able to be "borrowed" to equip our armour soldiers with something flame resistant.

I recall seeing one male member of the Armd corps whose girth had expanded to the point that his crewsuit looked like it had a maternity panel in front...

Twice I read the thread title as: CADPAT Arid Skirts, Pants in the Works

...so maybe maternity panels aren't so far out there.

But then, sometimes I'm not too bright.

I said sometimes:mad:

dapaterson said:
I recall seeing one male member of the Armd corps whose girth had expanded to the point that his crewsuit looked like it had a maternity panel in front...

I recall seeing a Major so tall that they had to splice a wide band around the middle as a vertical extension - and it was a radically different shade of OG.

Bzzliteyr said:

Believe me buzz we don't want to go down that road again......it's not pretty......

by the way how's your job...?

My job?? You mean, hitting the forward button in outlook?  It's not too shabby.

I intend on heading back to the "maison mere" next year then get back overseas so I can see all those hot rotorheads in their *new* flight suits!!

Back