• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

You know the army is getting to your brain when... [Compiled]

170. you always wear an army issued OD green t-shirt to the gym, and people think you wear the same shirt everyday

Originally posted by scm77:
[qb] 166 You can wear a beret and not worry about looking gay. [/qb]
Correction - you can wear a beret in the hopes of looking gay, but the Army still won‘t discharge you....

Edited some of the new ones in, see the begining of the thread.

This is a bit old now, but is it ok if I post a few things here to add to the list? Or is it finished?

Better to add here then start a new one. But I seem to remember a longer  and more recent one in radio chatter ...

Yup...I have to suppress using NINER on the phone/dictation software when giving numbers/lab results
I’ve always thought that it should be taught in schools. It was designed to prevent misinterpretation. And that’s when I want to use it. As a recent member, I love being able to call HR and spell my name ONCE and have it understood.

I used to work with a guy (recently passed) who could string together the most obscure words to do a phonetic spelling over the radio that would leave dispatchers in stitches, or say some complex eastern European-type name and just say 'usual spelling'. It's a learned craft.

I actually printed a copy of the phonetic alphabet a couple of weeks ago and gave it to one of our clerks. She was killing me trying to spell stuff over the phone.

Back