• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cabinet Shuffle- (Wednesday 26 July).

Ukraine is prominent in her list of accomplishments. It's wonderful that we gave so much shit to Ukraine, including stuff we've been begging for 30 years, but I'll make myself a pariah here and say it's also crap. It was done more because of politics (and we basically had to) than to improve Canada's National Defense and military.

Steve Bannon Bingo GIF

When everyone else hasn’t met standard for years, the one that do are well above average…
There is also some very credible reports she called out the Government repeatedly behind closed doors and pushed a lot of numbers higher.
you can be sure that Blair won't be caught pushing numbers unless he is told to.

When everyone else hasn’t met standard for years, the one that do are well above average…
There is also some very credible reports she called out the Government repeatedly behind closed doors and pushed a lot of numbers higher.
Not that I’m a strong fan of Michelle Rempel(stiltskin)-Garner but she has an interesting observation on Anand’s new job posting.

Not that I’m a strong fan of Michelle Rempel(stiltskin)-Garner but she has an interesting observation on Anand’s new job posting.

I thought this was a pretty good message to women to not be ambitious too...

THE HONOURABLE JODY WILSON-RAYBOULD​

Historical Information​

The Honourable Jody Wilson-Raybould is no longer a member of Parliament.

Praising her for purchases makes me think of an artillery officer in 2007 who got a big medal for doing their job - ordering ammunition 😮

If you were the MND I suspect you would have purchased the F35s and Airbus too.

I don't see much movement on the sexual misconduct file. Sexual assault investigations were moved to the civilian side which was one of the easier recommendations to accomplish from the Arbour report. I don't think that was a bad thing; I recall the police being surprised that no one apparently consulted them about it. Did our culture change in the last 2 years? Absolutely not. CFLRS is a cesspool of sexual misconduct, harassment, and abuse.

Ukraine is prominent in her list of accomplishments. It's wonderful that we gave so much shit to Ukraine, including stuff we've been begging for 30 years, but I'll make myself a pariah here and say it's also crap. It was done more because of politics (and we basically had to) than to improve Canada's National Defense and military.

I don't have anything against her. "She seems nice". I just wonder if we're at the point where we're praising someone meeting the standard.
Your question was about what she has accomplished. I offered a list. I offered no praise.

By all accounts she has been effective as a minister.

If people didn’t like her or aren’t impressed then rejoice she’s gone and you now have someone else.

I think what the former minister brought was an appearance of competence and actually giving a fuck. After the number of forgettable empty suits that have held that position it was refreshing to see the change. With her leaving and being replaced by the poster boy of empty suits it is a rather deflating change for the “Defence Team”.

Last edited:
I’m fairness she really wasn’t around long enough to actually accomplish much.

Praising her for purchases makes me think of an artillery officer in 2007 who got a big medal for doing their job - ordering ammunition 😮

If you were the MND I suspect you would have purchased the F35s and Airbus too.

I don't see much movement on the sexual misconduct file. Sexual assault investigations were moved to the civilian side which was one of the easier recommendations to accomplish from the Arbour report. I don't think that was a bad thing; I recall the police being surprised that no one apparently consulted them about it. Did our culture change in the last 2 years? Absolutely not. CFLRS is a cesspool of sexual misconduct, harassment, and abuse.

I don't have anything against her. "She seems nice". I just wonder if we're at the point where we're praising someone meeting the standard.
Basically every medal handed out is for doing your job, just doing it better than expected. Sometimes its only handed out because of being around on the right time such as the Queens Jubilee. Sometimes its only for being at the right place, such as being in the hold of a ship when its on a NATO ex, even though your job isn’t fundamentally different or more challenging than when your outside of Halifax harbour.

The sexual misconduct investigations to civilian police I think longterm was a poor decision made for political reasons rather than any real requirement. Now they can just say its not their problem the civvy police have it, and the reality is most civilian police departments care much less than the MPs do. The specialized MP department which dealt with those complaints were getting really good at dealing with it all, and likely were the most experienced police department in the country for those types of cases.

That's solid.
Your question was about what she has accomplished. I offered a list. I offered no praise.
I thought about that this morning; you're absolutely right. I apologize if it sounded like I was arguing with you. You just offered a list and I appreciate you posting a response.

Back