• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cabinet Shuffle- (Wednesday 26 July).

Different Blairs. Bill and Brad. Don't know if related - assholery politicking is not specifically genetic. Fantino was chief/cmmsr of both, maybe the only one.
I didn't know Brad that well but no relationship that I am aware of.

Laurentien Elites are the liberal party. Liberal Members of Parliament are water carriers. It doesn't matter who holds what seat, their job is to do as they are told.
So goes all MPs. Ya dance with the one what brung ya.

Based on the shuffle, with all the key posts still occupied by the usual suspects, they probably won't move those numbers much:

Conservatives lead by 10 before federal cabinet shuffle​

From July 20 to 25, 2023, Abacus Data conducted a national survey of 2,486 adults exploring several topics related to Canadian politics and current events as part of our regular national omnibus surveys. In this survey, we oversample Ontario to a total of 1,004 and Atlantic Canada to 435 .

As the Prime Minister is set to substantially shuffle the Cabinet this morning, the Conservatives have opened up a 10-point lead over the Liberals – 38% to 28% – with the NDP in third at 18%

Since the end up June, the Conservative vote share is up 4, the Liberals are down marginally by 1 while the NDP is down 2.

Globe and Mail's Ibbitson

And Coyne

That seems to have gone well....

A bloated cabinet is a easy way to increase the wages of your buddies without having to actually do much. Plus it looks so much better on their political resume.

Has Anand actually accomplish anything note worthy as MND?

It’s Wikipedia but it lists a bunch of stuff under the Minister of National Defence. Mostly a things related to Ukraine, the sexual misconduct file, some upgrades here and there, F35 purchase, new airbus purchase etc

It’s Wikipedia but it lists a bunch of stuff under the Minister of National Defence. Mostly a things related to Ukraine, the sexual misconduct file, some upgrades here and there, F35 purchase, new airbus purchase etc
Praising her for purchases makes me think of an artillery officer in 2007 who got a big medal for doing their job - ordering ammunition 😮

If you were the MND I suspect you would have purchased the F35s and Airbus too.

I don't see much movement on the sexual misconduct file. Sexual assault investigations were moved to the civilian side which was one of the easier recommendations to accomplish from the Arbour report. I don't think that was a bad thing; I recall the police being surprised that no one apparently consulted them about it. Did our culture change in the last 2 years? Absolutely not. CFLRS is a cesspool of sexual misconduct, harassment, and abuse.

Ukraine is prominent in her list of accomplishments. It's wonderful that we gave so much shit to Ukraine, including stuff we've been begging for 30 years, but I'll make myself a pariah here and say it's also crap. It was done more because of politics (and we basically had to) than to improve Canada's National Defense and military.

I don't have anything against her. "She seems nice". I just wonder if we're at the point where we're praising someone meeting the standard.

I don't have anything against her. "She seems nice". I just wonder if we're at the point where we're praising someone meeting the standard.
When everyone else hasn’t met standard for years, the one that do are well above average…
There is also some very credible reports she called out the Government repeatedly behind closed doors and pushed a lot of numbers higher.

Back