• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BOTC - Aug 27th, anyone going??

One more day until the enrolment ceremony and 19 more days until basic.....getting close :)

See you guys from Vancouver at the enrolment ceremony tomorrow.

I'm gonna be a chump and go there extra early just in case I forget to take something in my excitement and have to go back to pick something up ha ha

There are programmed periods in the first week solely for the purpose of picking stuff up, we will be confined to barracks for the first 4 weeks, from the moment we checkin at the desk, for me that'll be about noon on saturday as I get into dorval around 07:00

ArtyNewbie said:
There are programmed periods in the first week solely for the purpose of picking stuff up, we will be confined to barracks for the first 4 weeks, from the moment we checkin at the desk, for me that'll be about noon on saturday as I get into dorval around 07:00

I think you want to be locked up. ;)  There isn't much to do in St Jean anyway, so being locked up is really more psychological than anything, and usually you are so busy, you wouldnt be going anywhere anyway! 

Enjoy the Mega.  I really don't miss the dust bunnies....

Hello.
This is my first time posting to the forum.
I'm also going to Saint Jean on Aug 26 for the BOTC.
I'm DEO - Aerospace Engineer
Hope to see you guys soon.
Bye

Finally all sworn in, kit ready, forms filled out, etc.

Only 8 days away!

I will see you all on the 26th!

Anyone having their stuff moved into public storage actually had it moved yet?

I haven't heard a thing, and August 26th is getting pretty close now.

shorinsakka,

I don't have kit going into storage as I'm married and what not but I did about 10 years ago have it moved, about a week before the course started, my reccomendation is to contact the recruiting centre and find out whats going on. Changes are they've contracted it and the moving company is dragging thier feet.

ArtyNewbie said:
I don't have kit going into storage as I'm married and what not but I did about 10 years ago have it moved, about a week before the course started, my reccomendation is to contact the recruiting centre and find out whats going on. Changes are they've contracted it and the moving company is dragging thier feet.

No offence but that was the first and most obvious thing to do  :)
Well, I posted here as the last link in my chain of attempting to find out what's going on, having tried all other possibilities.  Of the three numbers I had to contact for my file manager, recruiting sgt. and main recruiting number at CFRC Ottawa, two had "away on course/vacation" messages with no transfer to a new number, just listing the main recruiting number.  Ditto for e-mail.  And no-one answered or responded to my messages.  If I lived close enough, I would just go there in person, a tactic I learned in my government days.  You can ignore the phones, but the person standing in front of you is hard to ignore.

Indeed, and it may just come down to that. The other option is to call the generic line for the recruiting centre and ask for one of the clerks (they're the guys that book the trucks any way) and chances are they can make things happen fast. And remember wherever you make good friends with the following people;

Pay Clerk,
Supply Tech,
Cook,

Cheers, and see you next weekend

ArtyNewbie said:
Indeed, and it may just come down to that. The other option is to call the generic line for the recruiting centre and ask for one of the clerks (they're the guys that book the trucks any way) and chances are they can make things happen fast. And remember wherever you make good friends with the following people;

I finally got a phone call Monday afternoon.  In principle I should have been contacted 10 days before the training camp was to begin, so I was correct in wanting to know what was going on.  Having said that, I still haven't been contacted by the movers, and they now have only three days to get their act together.

I will indeed see you on Sunday.  :D I shall probably be there around 1330ish.

Sounds good, my flight gets in at 07:10 Sat morning, I'll be the guy trying to catch up with the overnight flight.

Hoho, got a call at 0800hrs this morning from the mover.  She claims she was only given the moving gig yesterday afternoon.  Ah, the government, always "deadline oriented" (*cough*).  Transport date is... the last day possible, on Friday.  Could have been worse I suppose.

Dudes I'm in mid afternoon on Sunday. Will be in Ottawa on R&R with my GF for a few days prior. John how much UAB did you ship? I think I sent 5 tote boxes, winter and summer kit... basically everything I had that was listed in the JI's.

I'll be there as well on the 26th REOTP-Pilot. I'll be on the 028 serial ( I think its a french course). Anyway hope to see you guys there. :salute:

I'll definitely do more than my best to end up on this machine. But any helicopter would be awesome.
You wanna fly hercs?

Back