• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BOTC - Aug 27th, anyone going??

Sat isn't good for me as I usually have cycling races on Saturday. Would have to be later in the evening if we do it.

Saturday August 11th is actually one of the few days that works for me.  It sounds like the evening may work better then for Avro, what about you Port Hope?

Quyen said:
I'm from Vancouver BC

I am in Vancouver now too, visiting my family. I will be back Windsor Ontario on July31st. I was told to get there, St Jean, by Aug25th but they never mention the exact date of the course.
96-04 reservist and ex-Corporal

I plan on being there by 1700 on the 25th of August. Pisses me off that they have to ruin our last weekend of freedom LOL. Oh well.

Avro_Arrow_1976 said:
I plan on being there by 1700 on the 25th of August. Pisses me off that they have to ruin our last weekend of freedom LOL. Oh well.

Avro I wouldn't get there to early, you wouldn't want the bullshit to start early  ;D  On the CFLRS website it says to show up anytime before 1800 on the day before the course.  I'm not showing up until 1745 on Sunday the 26th. 

To the rest of the guys meeting in Victoria, I'm sorry but I won't be able to make it.  I've put in for some leave before the course and I will be driving to Ontario before heading on to Quebec.  As long as everything is approved of course  ;D

Cheers  :salute:

Hey everyone, I'll be there too DEO Armour. Looking forward to it. I'm in Fredericton NB now after finishing Uni. Looking forward to getting there and getting started up. I think I'll be there for Saturday night so I can look around on Sunday before the course kicks off on Monday.

I am not an expert brother but I think that a board sits for all officer candidates and are selected. This I believe was done some time ago. I may be wrong but I think your chances are slim. Try calling your local recruiter but I could never quite figure the system out for it all. Best of luck.

Also, any other folks from Newfoundland going to be attending??? Nice to have a chat an a beer, wha?

;D

Apparently they are able to give DEO offers from the recruiting office as long as courses are open. So if someone is DEO, they can get a call up until the last minute. I think a few people posted on Facebook saying they had offers very recently. I think there is only a board if there are other issues, like paying for education costs, involved. In my case, they were able to give me the offer once my information passed through Ottawa.

I also plan on being there on the 25th since my CFRC file manager asked me to be there by 1400hrs on August 25th.

shorinsakka said:
What's a serial, and how does one know which one it is? 

It's just Army code for what platoon you'll be in for course. A chance for us to figure out who we will be working with for the next few months.

From what I know, there are four serials being run starting August 27.  Your recruiter should be able to you which one you are on. Though no big deal if you don't know it yet, it'll all get straightened out in St. Jean.

there are 4 serials being run conccurrently in ST Jean starting 27 Aug (of note the TD Instructions that were sent a week or so ago had the TD Dates starting the 26th)

Yes conflicting reports of the 26th and the 27th. The message does say the 26th, but Borden told one of our members here to show up on Sunday the 26th. What would going on the Saturday accomplish? Why would they start a course on the Sunday?

Avro_Arrow_1976 said:
Yes conflicting reports of the 26th and the 27th. The message does say the 26th, but Borden told one of our members here to show up on Sunday the 26th. What would going on the Saturday accomplish? Why would they start a course on the Sunday?

Just trying to take care of some admin the day before so it won't be a total gong show the first day. Every course I've done we've shown up the day prior. Though like Deek said, I'm not showing up until 1745 Sunday, no point getting some early confirmation of combat knowledge.  ;D

Back