• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Body-Building Supplements (Creatine etcetera)

I asked my buddy in 3VP about this. He and people he knows have taken Jack3d and passed their tests. No worries.

After 3 containers of Jack3d, I became too used to it. I prefer my home made Pre-drink which is Xtend with some Glycerol and 1,3 Dimeth added. Much cheaper buying the raw ingredients and its just as good.

mwc said:
I asked my buddy in 3VP about this. He and people he knows have taken Jack3d and passed their tests. No worries.

After 3 containers of Jack3d, I became too used to it. I prefer my home made Pre-drink which is Xtend with some Glycerol and 1,3 Dimeth added. Much cheaper buying the raw ingredients and its just as good.

How do you get a hold of 1,3 Dimeth?

I got it from nutraplanet.com. 3 grams for 9 bucks

mwc said:
I got it from nutraplanet.com. 3 grams for 9 bucks

Really? Interesting, from what I was aware it is a non- shipable item. As long as it works all that matters, be safe!

- Mike

Anyone who uses anything other than real food to enhance their 'workout' is bound to run into problems later in life.  Can the Jack3d dude, in fact, can all that garbage.  It is TOTAL TRASH.  You're just paying a company to give you liver/kidney problems down the road.
Just eat some good quality meat or have a protein shake (any kind of milk, skim milk powder, add some fruit, banana, choco powder).
I cannot say this enough, those power beverages are total garbage.

You want energy before a workout?  Have about 250ml (tiny cup) of dark roast coffee, black ideally.  You'll get about 100mg of caffeine, no more.  This is not unhealthy, just be sure to rehydrate during your workout.  I'd also recommend drinking cocoa leaf tea, but that might not go well on a drug test, as you'd test + for cocaine... trace amounts albeit.

cptstubing said:
Anyone who uses anything other than real food to enhance their 'workout' is bound to run into problems later in life.  Can the Jack3d dude, in fact, can all that garbage.  It is TOTAL TRASH.  You're just paying a company to give you liver/kidney problems down the road.
Just eat some good quality meat or have a protein shake (any kind of milk, skim milk powder, add some fruit, banana, choco powder).
I cannot say this enough, those power beverages are total garbage.

You want energy before a workout?  Have about 250ml (tiny cup) of dark roast coffee, black ideally.  You'll get about 100mg of caffeine, no more.  This is not unhealthy, just be sure to rehydrate during your workout.  I'd also recommend drinking cocoa leaf tea, but that might not go well on a drug test, as you'd test + for cocaine... trace amounts albeit.
Oh god...one of these guys ey. :tsktsk: Don't try to preach about something and make accusation against things you seem to know very little about. I've taken supplements for years, never had any liver/kidney problems or tested positive for any drug tests. At the same time, I know many amateur and professional natural bodybuilders, some in the masters class, who have been taking supplements for 20+ years without any problems. You have to learn how to do it properly and cycle on and off. Do some research before you put something into your body and follow proper dosing instructions, and you'll be fine. I do agree though that your diet should not revolve around supplements, they are meant to supplement an existing quality diet not replace it.

OK, you two have each presented your opinon. If you want to have a long drawn out debate over it (i.e., that means making any further posts), go find a body-building forum to do it in. We've seen this one before, it's not that exciting. The same goes for anyone else thinking about wading in with their own "I'm an expert on the internet" opinion.

For anyone who was looking forward to following the ebb and flow of this particular thread, search for the old ones and then go search for the applicable forums for more information.

Thank you

Milnet.ca Staff

Im sorry of this topic has been brought up before but i searched for "creatine"  in the search bar and found nothing relevant. Im turning 17 this year and applying for the combat engineering highschool co op program. The problem is ive been into bodybuilding for the last couple years and discontinued using creatine after reading on the forces.ca site that
a sample of urine with creatinine and specific gravity values that are lower than expected for human urine.
can lead them to believe its a "diluted sample". Technically creatine will give you higher creatinine levels. Will this hurt my chances of getting in? I wouldnt be asking this stupid question if my friend didnt get let in for admitting to drinking alcohol underage meanwhile the medical examiner said his previous drug history is not what caused him to fail(lsd,weed). Labels say to not use this under 18 but its not law so it should not be relevant.. right? This leads to my next question, i have Ephedrine HCL which i bough in store. Technically you have to be 18 to buy this but i never get asked for id. I have not used it but i want too for the summer. Im going to hold on to it and ask the doctor at the medical exam if its acceptable to use (can cause a false positive for methamphetamine). Please keep in mind im a minor. Pretty much I want to get into this co op and after my friend got snaked hard for drinking alcohol (the Liquor License Act allows parents to serve their children inside the family home) im not taking any chances. Tell me your parents never let you have a sip of champagne or beer when you were younger?

Good day,

During the application process, our recruiting medical personnel will assess your medical situation. A complete medical examination is necessary when assessing medical fitness for the Canadian Armed Forces.

If you have specific medical questions you should contact the recruiting detachment nearest you and ask to speak with a member of the medical staff directly.

Best Regards,
Sgt Laen

Welcome to Army.ca, burzum

As you can see, mariomike managed to find four existing threads that discussed supplements, including creatine. I have merged them all into this one.

Continue to work on your search skills...

Back