• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMOQ questions: 4-day civilian clothes, vits and supls

Romanmaz said:
That's weird on so many levels.
Do yourself a favor and don't cheap out. Buy "athletic" boxers that will keep your junk from bouncing of the side of your leg on those 5k runs.  :2c:
That's what duct tape is for.  Duct tape fixes everything. (Do not follow this advice, if you do, shave first.  Even after doing that, I still do not reconmend following this advice.)

Do not go out of your way and buy underwear..... I did and wish I didn't. They will issue with green underwear. As for clothes... remember for the most part you want clothes that you can wear out on the town IF you ever get a weekend off. Not to mention it will be the only shit you have after basic when you get posted to your first training unit, till you can get stuff shipped... my clothes are all in Furniture and Effects and I won't get it till I move out... in like 6 months time. Not that it matters... I lost so much weight I had to buy new clothes.

Spend your money on a good iron or a good sewing kit with really good small scissors or a swiffer or really good running socks and shoes (You only need one pair)... this is what really matters.

My recommendations for BMOQ

The clothes you have with you for the first 4-5 days, think of them as Throw Aways.  I tore two of my shirts during the first 4 days moving around and it was a shame since they were my favorites.  Make sure to have suitable suitcases(with EXTRA room) for when you make trips into Montreal on days off for shopping.

Underwear is underwear, what ever you want to wear wear it, I would suggest NOT buying new kinds/stuff to take to basic, it would REALLY be a bad idea to have underwear that chafs in the wrong areas while on a 13km ruck.

Quality Iron: buy it and keep it safe, it will be used DAILY.

Swifter clothes and dusters, Buy them in Bulk, you'll need them. 

Back