• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Desexualized clothing instructions fail for gender specific directions

And what is their original issue? They don't want to wear a hat? (So they don't become bald like all old MARS officers  [:D?)

Lumber said:
When the decision came out, I spoke to a few of them, and the consensus was not that they wanted to wear the Peaked Cap, but that they didn't want to wear the Bowler. Letting them wear the peaked cap didn't fix their original issue.

Beat me to it OGBD.

Oldgateboatdriver said:
And what is their original issue? They don't want to wear a hat? (So they don't become bald like all old MARS officers  [:D?)

What is wrong with letting the women wear a beret?

Maybe everyone should wear a shapeless loose fitting moo moo like Homer Simpson.

cheap and easy to wear!

Attachments

• Homer.jpg
    Homer.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 203
FSTO said:
Maybe everyone should wear a shapeless loose fitting moo moo like Homer Simpson judges and many lawyers.
FTFY with an already fixed precedent  >:D

Oldgateboatdriver said:

The issue, as I (being a male, probably imperfectly) understand it is: female personnel in the RCN want a hat that fits properly and will stay on in most weather conditions, given the average female hair style (understanding that this varies wildly from mid back length hair to close cropped). Those who wear their hair in a bun, state that the forage cap will not fit properly over the bun.

To me, the solution is obvious: ships are inherently dangerous places. Everyone who serves on a ship should have short hair....<ducks>

SeaKingTacco said:
To me, the solution is obvious: ships are inherently dangerous places. Everyone who serves on a ship should have short hair....<ducks>

Whenever I see an individual in the RCN uniform with a particularly full beard, my immediate thought is "Gee, it's been a long time since you went to sea..."

:goodpost:
dapaterson said:
Whenever I see an individual in the RCN uniform with a particularly full beard, my immediate thought is "Gee, it's been a long time since you went to sea..."
:nod:

dapaterson said:

You could probably add 'wanna be Pioneers' to that list ;)

I suppose this has been said many times before, but the "why" we have dress regulations in the first place is to set us apart as a standardized and uniform military force, rather than a bunch of people in uniforms (I believe we have the guild of foresters of something like that to cover off the dress-up part).

To quash all the moaning and bitching, I would simply suggest that every person in the forces today be told to don their IPE and then be inspected to see if their (accoutrement/hairstyle/clothing) of choice interferes with the wearing and operational use of the kit. This includes CBRN protective gear, arctic gear and being able to use rifles, comms gear and other operational issue kit. Can't put on the helmet? Respirator doesn't seal? Looks like you, troop, better sort out what is interfering with the proper operational use of kit, or look for another line of work since *we* cannot afford self inflicted casualties.

Social Justice Warriors should be told to sod off, since this is operational necessity, and the ones who bitch and complain the most can always be invited to come and try on the kit in a gas hut, so they can understand what it is they are complaining about.

My $0.02

Thucydides said:
Social Justice Warriors should be told to sod off, since this is operational necessity, and the ones who ***** and complain the most can always be invited to come and try on the kit in a gas hut, so they can understand what it is they are complaining about.

My $0.02

So if the long haired freaky people pass the fit test, what then?

Not a Sig Op said:
So if the long haired freaky people pass the fit test, what then?

They become signalers and we keep them in a dark room for their entire careers, of course :)

daftandbarmy said:
They become signalers and we keep them in a dark room for their entire careers, of course :)

Might as well, already a lot of weirdos in the trade.

FSTO said:
I wish that the mom would have went to the Air Cadet Corp directly and voiced her concern over the directive instead of running to the media.

Military probe finds 'unacceptable language' in cadet dress-code pamphlets
http://www.680news.com/2016/12/19/military-probe-finds-unacceptable-language-in-cadet-dress-code-pamphlets-2/
The language came to light when a mother complained her 13-year-old daughter was given the brochure at the 510 Lions Royal Canadian Air Cadet Squadron in St. John’s.

Back