• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMOQ questions: 4-day civilian clothes, vits and supls

Anton1981

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi Guys: Few very quick questions...I downloaded the guide re items you supposed to bring but just have a few quick clar. questions..
1. I know you supposed to bring civilian clothes for 4 days: says in the guide pants and shirt...just wandering what type of pants...is it possible to bring dark colored jeans or is it supposed to be some sort of dress pants or khaki pants???
2. Shirt: dress shirt??? or could it be t-shirt (golf t-shirt)?
3. I am going in September-possible rain-so 1 pair or 2 pairs of sneakers???
4. Are we allowed to bring vitamins and supplements...not taking re 5kg tub of protein powder but small staff like multi vit etc
Thank you

As an aspiring officer, it will be good to get used to a little more formality in life.  This is not to say that officers don't wear jeans (certainly heard that line in my youth), but you can never go wrong by avoiding them.  Since you will have limited space, I would recommend leaving the jeans and t-shirts with "collar thingy" at home.  Khakis and golf shirts should be fine, but make sure you have at least one pair of dress trousers and a dress shirt.  You should also have a pair of dress shoes.  The only use for sneakers will be PT.

Although you won't be crucified for bringing a small bottle of multi-vitamins, you won't need them.  You will have access to all the food groups and a menu designed to provide you with a fully balanced diet.

If you're asking these questions you obviously didn't read the joining instructions.

1) In the guide it says "casual dress pants", so bring casual dress pants, not jeans or khakis.
2) Again, it says " casual dress shirt with collar/ short sleeved permitted in the summer" not a t-shirt with collar thingy.
3) 1 sets of running shoes, and x amount of sport shoes (non marking soles) as you see fit. So 1 or 2 pairs should be fine.
4) NO! It says that right in the booklet......

You could probably get away with some of those things, but, do you honestly want to start off by showing your D.S. you can't follow simple instructions?

Edit: Added

Clarification from my BMOQ experience:
1) Dress pants of khakis are fine.  However, bring a pair of jeans for the weekends you have off.
2) Dress shirts are likely better for you.
3) For sure bring 2 pairs of running shoes.  I used one for outdoors and one for inside PT.  The outdoor PT will get them wet and muddy which means they will not let you use them in the gym.  You will have runs and PT outdoors even in the snow.  Bring a pair of dress shoes to wear with your dress clothes.
4) You are allowed multi-vitamins and several of my course mates had them on board for the entire course.  I didn't bring them originally and bought them later in the course.

Do NOT do what some people say and have "ghost kit" or two sets of shaving cream etc as it is not allowed and will be dealt with.

Thank you all for the replies...I guess I missed number "4" in the guide, I will look it over more carefully...

http://www.cflrs.forces.gc.ca/menu/pd/bic-cib/bic-cib.pdf

You'll also get a copy when you enrol.

Notherboy_24:
Thank you for your reply. How many pair of shirt/pants would you recommend to bring?

If you bring 5 shirts and 3 or so pairs of pants you will have more than enough without doing laundry.  You will be in uniform sometime during the first week.  I say 5 shirts just to be safe.  You will have lots of time to do laundry later in the course.

Great...Thanks a lot..that makes it easy... I do not want to sound stupid here but read a post not recommending to bring boxers as underwear (because you have to iron it)--does it really matter what type you bring with you???
any other advice would be much appreciated.

I don't think it really matters what type.  Bring boxer breifs if you like the material on your legs.  Regular boxers that get all bunched up wouldn't be ideal in my opinion and I don't think you would want your instructors jacking you up for having your huggies hanging out in the first week.

The booklet does however say 6 pairs COTTON underwear all same color.  I just bought 6 pairs of black boxer breifs from Canex.  Its hard to find them all the same color at walmart I found.

Anton1981 said:
Thanks mate...I will try walmart or maybe zellers...

If there is a COSTCO near your home, buy "KIRKLAND" underwear, same color.

Anton1981 said:
Thanks mate...I will try walmart or maybe zellers...
Now Wall-mart  (in Montreal) has sale of Hanex brief-boxers .
There are 4 items inside box- 2 black and 2 grey) only 11$ + tx
AAAAC1RFISMAAAAAABsjFQ.jpg

2 people can buy 3 boxes and share  = total 6 black or 6 grey.
Who has size M in Montreal?  :)

sky777 said:
Now Wall-mart  (in Montreal) has sale of Hanex brief-boxers .
There are 4 items inside box- 2 black and 2 grey) only 11$ + tx
AAAAC1RFISMAAAAAABsjFQ.jpg

2 people can buy 3 boxes and share = total 6 black or 6 grey.
Who has size M in Montreal?  :)
That's weird on so many levels.
Do yourself a favor and don't cheap out. Buy "athletic" boxers that will keep your junk from bouncing of the side of your leg on those 5k runs.  :2c:

Romanmaz said:
That's weird on so many levels.
Do yourself a favor and don't cheap out. Buy "athletic" boxers that will keep your junk from bouncing of the side of your leg on those 5k runs.  :2c:
Give me example what is  "athletic" boxers ? Which brand?

sky777 said:
Give me example what is  "athletic" boxers ? Which brand?
I like "Nautica", but if you want to get extravagant you can't go wrong with "Under Armour" or even "New Balance". :nod:
Probably not necessary but I don't like my junk bouncing off the side of my leg...

Romanmaz said:
I like "Nautica", but if you want to get extravagant you can't go wrong with "Under Armour" or even "New Balance". :nod:
Probably not necessary but I don't like my junk bouncing off the side of my leg...
You are right for fitness this will be better because we will have to run.It is better.
But it's not boxer.They called boxers-briefs when it keeps everything in one place.

OK, we're going to give you people firearms and you're all worked up over underwear?!!  :facepalm:  Even if the guys show up with lavender thongs (which will give the DS a good chuckle), no one is going to be kicked out of BMQ for bringing the wrong underwear.  RELAX and concentrate on being in shape.  Proper underwear is a quick trip to the Canex.

Stay calm.  Carry on.

Pusser said:
OK, we're going to give you people firearms and you're all worked up over underwear?!!  :facepalm:  Even if the guys show up with lavender thongs (which will give the DS a good chuckle), no one is going to be kicked out of BMQ for bringing the wrong underwear.  RELAX and concentrate on being in shape.  Proper underwear is a quick trip to the Canex.

Stay calm.  Carry on.
HAHAHA!
+1

P.S. You obviously have never worn Nautica underwear, it's kind of a big deal...just saying.
(sarcasm)

Back