• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Best Prime Minister

Fishbone Jones

Army.ca Relic
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
http://www.torontosun.com/

In the year 2107, which Canadian prime minister will be most fondly remembered?

Pierre Trudeau  58%
Brian Mulroney  11%
Jean Chretien  4%
Stephen Harper  26%

Total Votes for this Question: 447 

Pierre Trudeau  59%
Brian Mulroney  11%
Jean Chretien  4%
Stephen Harper  25%

Total Votes for this Question: 491 

Pierre Trudeau  57%
Brian Mulroney  11%
Jean Chretien  4%
Stephen Harper  28%

Total Votes for this Question: 539 

If Mulrooney wins I will run across this forum naked...
  :p

Pierre Trudeau  53%
Brian Mulroney  11%
Jean Chretien  4%
Stephen Harper  33%

Total Votes for this Question: 598 

I think that Trudeau is the clear choice, especially since Harper has only been in office for 3 years and done little of note, so unless Harper pulls some magic out of his backside Trudeau should win.

But the greater problem I have with this poll is that the robots (who will make up the majority of the population) will have no memories of our previous sack of fleshes we called Prime Minister so none of these men will be fondly remembered.

Pierre Trudeau  49%
Brian Mulroney  10%
Jean Chretien  3%
Stephen Harper  38%

Total Votes for this Question: 684 

Pierre Trudeau  46%
Brian Mulroney  9%
Jean Chretien  3%
Stephen Harper  42%

Total Votes for this Question: 742 

Pierre Trudeau  44%
Brian Mulroney  9%
Jean Chretien  3%
Stephen Harper  44%

Total Votes for this Question: 789 

It is a bit rigged isnt it?  Why arent other previous PM's in the list as well? 

Why not include Paul Martin, Kim Campbell, John Turner and Joe Clark? 

Seeing how unpopular both Mulrooney and Chretien were when they left office, it is quite obvious that Trudeau and Harper are going to be the most popular ones...

Without looking it up, who was the Prime Minister in 1907?

thought so....2107 will hold the same memory cells.

Gimpy said:
I think that Trudeau is the clear choice, especially since Harper has only been in office for 3 years and done little of note, so unless Harper pulls some magic out of his backside Trudeau should win.

But the greater problem I have with this poll is that the robots (who will make up the majority of the population) will have no memories of our previous sack of fleshes we called Prime Minister so none of these men will be fondly remembered.

Um Stephen Harper has only been PM for 17 months.....he was sworn in after the Federal election of January 23rd, 2006 in which he won a minority government. Minority Governments are not easy ones to get a lot of things done however Mr Harper has managed to get a fair amount of his agenda accomplished. The restoration and rebuilding of the CF is one thing of note that is coming about even though it is not the most popular issue for a lot of liberals in our country.
Trudeau was a disaster....started the national debt and destroyed this countries military and Foreign Service. His national energy policy made him a lot of enemies in the West where you'd be hard pressed to find a lot of support for your assertion that he was a great PM. His unilateral repatriation of the consitution started a war between Quebec and the rest of Canada that still lingers in mistrust and hatred. The Trudeau myth is one that is fostered by the media and the Liberal party itself.....he was a very charismatic individual who had the gift of the gab and was a strong campaigner. He was a disaster once in power.

Pierre Trudeau  45%
Brian Mulroney  9%
Jean Chretien  3%
Stephen Harper  43%

Total Votes for this Question: 1058 

GAP said:
Without looking it up, who was the Prime Minister in 1907?

thought so....2107 will hold the same memory cells.

Sir Wilfrid Laurier 

(and I didn't look it up)

Don't know about ole Pierre, but his wife Margret will ALWAYS be remembered for her pantyless beaver in our faces from that famous photo, which even made Hustler magazine.

Je me souviens,

Wes

Wesley  Down Under said:
Don't know about ole Pierre, but his wife Margret will ALWAYS be remembered for her pantyless beaver in our faces from that famous photo, which even made Hustler magazine.

Je me souviens,

Wes

Hmm don't remember that but I do remember her flirtations with the Rolling Stones.

Wesley  Down Under said:

Je me souviens,

Wes
WHAT?!  :eek:

Pierre Trudeau  59%
Brian Mulroney  9%
Jean Chretien  3%
Stephen Harper  28%

Total Votes for this Question: 4901 

When I seen the latest standings with Trudeau well in front I realised that over 50% of the respondents misread the question. It isn't "Who was Canadas worst PM?"  :eek:

Mike Baker said:

I am sure that pic won't be too hard to find, it was a b&w, and its no rumour, but being a public website, I am not goning to post it on here, just try googling it.

Cheers,

Wes

Back