• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Basic Up

I downloaded right off the Army site and it took about nine minutes (I was timing it)... I'm not sure why it's taking everyone so long.  I just saved it on my desktop.

ya, well, my computer is known for not downloading anything to do with CF clips or the actual site for that matter sometimes.  I consider it to be very old and moody...

The file is 148MB so however long it takes your computer to download/save that is how long it's going to take before you can watch it.  Use the previous suggestion of right clicking and selecting "Save target as".  Then you can just leave it to download and watch it whenever.

Give Youtube a try.  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0XPc1opjuM

The video on youtube is the summary of the series.  The link previously given on the first page is the actual first episode...

So is there only one full episode out or are the rest there.. and what was with the commericial breaks without the commericials  :-\

B0nes said:
So is there only one full episode out or are the rest there.. and what was with the commericial breaks without the commericials  :-\

It's the CF's way of leaving their options open  ;)

After several attempts, I finally was able to download and watch the first episode. When will the next one be available?  8)

Celticgirl said:
After several attempts, I finally was able to download and watch the first episode. When will the next one be available?  8)
Lucky you. I still don't have it.

Mike Baker said:

Well, you can't have everytinhg (I'm referring to the fact that sometimes others people have trouble with the website and not you,
not the fact that you win a contest) :).

Yrys said:
Well, you can't have everytinhg (I'm referring to the fact that sometimes others people have trouble with the website and not you,
not the fact that you win a contest) :).
Almost won, actually. But the rest of the day my team kicked arse in almost all the games 8)

Mike Baker said:
If there are no complaints, I could probably upload a torrent of the file so people who are having trouble could download it.

I don't think it will be a mather of complaint rather then legality.

Would it be legal? Do you know ?

Yrys said:
Would it be legal? Do you know ?
Well, torrents have very legal filesharing uses.  As this video is free to view and is linked directly, no revenue would be lost by the party responsible for its distribution.  If the thread creator and the mods give the go ahead, I'd be more than willing to make this video more available.

LoKe said:
Well, torrents have very legal filesharing uses.  As this video is free to view and is linked directly, no revenue would be lost by the party responsible for its distribution.  If the thread creator and the mods give the go ahead, I'd be more than willing to make this video more available.

File sharing is legal in Canada, that of course depends on the file... If its publicly accessible, as in, on a website, where you can freely download it, I don't think It matters.

Torrenting is as legal as the transfer of data by any "conventional" means. In fact, many companies make use of torrenting, as it does take the strain and resource usage from them and places it to the users.

However, I recommend the following link for downloading:

http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/lf/English/6_10.asp

As to the legality of sharing the file, I'm no lawyer....

But since it was made with public funds (or DND funds) it seems to me that it's public domain.  Canadian Taxpayers paid for it they're allowed to see it. 

Since they're releasing it on the web it's already cleared for public consumption so it's not classified or anything.

I see no issue.

I had a bit of a wait to download it but it worked fine for me.  Can't wait to see more!

Sorry if this is a repost, but here is episode 2

http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/lf/English/podcast/basicup_002.mp4

Back