• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Basic Up

Cubicle Monster said:
That might be cool to see, show me some violence!!

;) this is the Canadian {Armed} Forced, there will no violence here.  ;)

There is already a Basic Up out, search for it on the site.  I've seen few episodes and they're not bad. 
{from the rocking chair}  you young'uns have it easy these day.  No yelling, No screaming, No beatings, No throwing lockers out the window.

There was a global tv crew at Farnham not too long ago doing a story on the Air Force.  Maybe it wasn't Basic Up.

I'm still waiting to see the first series!  There's clips on the site but not full episodes!  I want to see if Dumont gets yelled at any more!  ;D

They are showing Basic Up on the Army Channel at 12:30 each day.  check this out for more infor:

http://www.index.forces.gc.ca/default.asp?pg=q&uil=en&enc=utf8&ucase=false&searchType=S&VServerFilter=alldnet&q=basic+up&kl=XX

Does this series still play i tried searching for it on the net but came up empty:(

Yes I would like to know this also. All I could find was a brief preview of the "series to come."

Does anybody know if this series is available to view publicly online?

Greetings all

Basic Up 2 has been in the works for a while, I don't know if it has all been shot yet or not, but I can try and find out at work tomorrow. Basic Up has been playing on the Army channel on all the big army bases for quite some time now. It has not been released to anything other than the Army channel as there were talks to try and get it on a civilian channel, I will call Ottawa tomorrow and see if I can get any more details.

For those of you not on the big bases there hopefully will be an expansion of our viewing area this year to bring in Kingston, Borden, and more coverage in the Denison Armouries in Toronto as now there is only one TV dedicated to Army News if there are other bases coming on line I will try and get that info also.

As a side note, I think we are still short a Sgt reporter for Petawawa. If anyone is interested let me know.

Armynewsguy

Keebler said:
They are showing Basic Up on the Army Channel at 12:30 each day.  check this out for more infor:

http://www.index.forces.gc.ca/default.asp?pg=q&uil=en&enc=utf8&ucase=false&searchType=S&VServerFilter=alldnet&q=basic+up&kl=XX

I think he means the Army News Channel, AKA propaganda central  ;D

Okay I gotta ask what the heck is the point of airing this show on the bases? I mean not only have we all passed this course already we also never watch the damn channel it just sits on mute and we all make fun of it.

I mean your targeting the wrong demographic here, we passed the course we could careless about those doing it now other then to make fun of them and the new course. Seriously ArmyNews who I seem to think is in charge of this production needs to rethink who they air this to. Get it out to the civi kids who might find this useful and look at it with a less jaded eye and someone it might help to entice into the CF.

my 2 cents of course

HitorMiss said:
Okay I gotta ask what the heck is the point of airing this show on the bases? I mean not only have we all passed this course already we also never watch the damn channel it just sits on mute and we all make fun of it.

Haha, brilliant, I'm still laughing about that comment.

Well, I'll stay tuned to this thread and if anybody finds out anymore information on this series please keep it posted.
Thanks!

To HitorMiss

It would seem that at least a few people are interested, otherwise this thread would not have been started. Having said that you are correct about getting the message out, I am but a lowly reporter for Army News so I have no say in how the programing goes but if we are putting out something that you can go through the bother of watching and making fun of..... well at least your still watching and who knows maybe you will find one of our other stories interesting/informative.

As I stated in my earlier post, it is my belief that there is negotiations to bring the show to a mainstream channel where it will indeed be seen by those who may find it interesting and I will do my best to find out more about that tomorrow. If there is anything else that I can find out for you please feel free to let me know.

Armynewsguy

Feel free to tape my BMQ starting in May.  ;D  I don't mind people laughing at me. At least they'll be watching.  ;)

AN

The impression I get was this thread was started by recruits who saw this mentioned on the this site previous to joining. And as for watching were not allowed to turn the TV off or change the channel so we mute it and generally ignore it other then to make fun of it. Again this has nothing to do with production quality or even story quality the whole system is aimed at the wrong group, I am in no need of having propganda spewed at me, plus to be honest I don't know a single reg soldier who cares one wit about what the res guys are doing in some base down in the US or even in Canada heck other then our Bn we don;t care about anything anyone else is doing period.p

This whole system of the Maple Leaf etc etc and the majority of it's stories (minus kit precurrment CDS Messages and stuff like that) goes out to the wrong people. Like I said I am already sold on the CF I don't need the sales people following me home after a buy the car LOL. Stuff like this needs to go to the High School and public libraries and stuff of that nature not to us. I don;t knock your job just who your highers send the message to.

As for this Basic Up Seriously look at me and say you care about recruit school once you leave it, you don't I know you don't other then to be glad you wont have to do it again. But some civi kid sitting at home wondering what it might b like oh heck yeah he cares he cares a lot. Change the medium get the message out there and see how much better your results and feed back will be.

Again all IMO and probably not what you want to hear.

EDIT: Also perhaps this tangent should be split....Mods?

Greetings

Just a quick update to what I said I would try and find out. Basic Up 2 is done shooting and is now in post production. As soon as I find out when it is coming out I will let you know. As for the release of Basic Up to mainstream television I am still waiting a response from Ottawa on that question.

Armynewsguy

Can't wait to see it.

As for whether or not we care about Basic once we get out of it, obviously all these threads and posts mean we care to some degree.

Whether it's nostalgia for some, or curiosity for people who've yet to be through it or for friends and family of those who have I think it's entertaining to watch.  Plus no two BMQs are the same really.  Same basic knowledge is supposed to be passed on, but recruits can screw up and succeed in a WIDE variety of entertaining ways.  The clips I've seen while not a complete picture make me pretty hopeful this show is going to be worth a look.

If we ever get a chance to see it that is!  :)

Back