• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Australian Navy pays for breast enlargements

geo said:
:)  I yield to your better knowledge of the subject

It's actually quite hilarious. I once overheard one of the troops talking to another (on a Friday that we could wear our civvies to work) ...

"XXXX ... did you notice that she was flat at PT this morning and she's not now? She's got one of those bras, that's false advertising."

They got a chuckle out of it, but me -- not so much. I can't claim credit for the statement as it was said up by a man -- I just agree with him.

geo said:
The sex change was done....

ya i think i know who our talking about too.. his reason for the change was "for the morale of the troops"

Xfire said:
ya i think i know who our talking about too.. his reason for the change was "for the morale of the troops"

There's been more than one.  ;)

So what really?

If they are more comfortable, confident and happy that way -- all the more power to them. It is about their morale and physical/pshychological well-being.

I know where they're coming from -- at least on the "breast" issue.

I've actually had this explained to me once.  I haven't crawled through DSMIV to confirm, but took it at face value.

Gender reassignment is subsidized because is it is considered a psychological disorder and one that can be treated with surgery; if it were simply a case of self esteem and morale of the troops, then I'd be demanding plastic surgery to make me look (more) like Brad Pitt.  Bit of a conumdrum: either be crazy and get the surgery paid for or be sane and pay for it yourself.  There are considerable risks associated with the surgery, including the loss of the ability to achieve orgasm -- without even being married. 

Now, back to the original topic.  For the CF to allow boob jobs (subsidized or no), should CTS put the implants under rigorous testing?

Good points Sharock,

However "morale & self-esteem" are inherently intertwined with "psychological" well-being.

I half-heartedly jested with CTS, but now I'm actually wondering some things.

Jokes aside, imagine a female deployed while wearing body armour has a round splash into her chest.  No penetration, but would the force of the round be enough to cause an internal rupture?  I realize this may not be fatal, but would it be problematic?  Medical issues aside, would soldiers be repatriated for emergency re-inflation?  If the CF doesn't cover the first surgery, would it cover repairs?

Well, as it stands at the moment, unless there has been a change to the Spectrum of Care, it's a big NO GO unless you can plead a case of medical necessity.  As for anyone getting an emergency re-inflation/implantation, I find it unlikely that the relacement bags are carried in any surgical supplies for third line care of any military medical unit we're allied with at the moment.

http://www.mdn.ca/health/services/spectrum_of_care/engraph/med_ser_excluded_e.asp?Lev1=1&Lev2=5&Lev3=13

Vern, I told you what you have to do - now go make an appointment, drink about a gallon of coffee before you go (so it'll all come out easier  ;D) and set a precedent.

MM

medicineman said:
Well, as it stands at the moment, unless there has been a change to the Spectrum of Care, it's a big NO GO unless you can plead a case of medical necessity. 

Does this mean troops aren't allowed to get this surgery done on their own dime? 

Shamrock said:
.... repatriated for emergency re-inflation? 

:rofl: too funny. I guess we'll just have to bring in the "big guns" and see what happens eh?

Shamrock said:
Does this mean troops aren't allowed to get this surgery done on their own dime? 

No, it means that they have to use their own dime.

MM

Shamrock said:
Now, back to the original topic.  For the CF to allow boob jobs (subsidized or no), should CTS put the implants under rigorous testing?

That member would have to put in a UCR. ;)

Right Vern? ;D ;D

X-mo-1979 said:
That member would have to put in a UCR. ;)

Right Vern? ;D ;D

Only if she/he weren't satisfied with the outcome or performance of said issue.  ;)

PS Shamrock ...

Back to the original topic? The Australian Navy issuing boobs out??  ;)

Hmmm.... I know that the CF was working on a Combat Bra for the CTS at one time (refered to as the "cones of death" by Mike Royko)

Wonder if the Aussies should be given our "research" ;)

ArmyVern said:
Blah blah blah blah/blah blahn't blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.  ;)

PS Shamrock ...

Blah blah blah blah blah? Blah Australian blah blah boobs blah??  ;)

Naturally.

Forgive me I have really tried to restrain my rather warped sense of humor.And I do understand that this is a serious matter.having said that .....................You do realize that this topic is pointless with out pictures.

p.s. I blame all this on my cold meds ,that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

GK .Dundas said:
.....................You do realize that this topic is pointless with out pictures.

For proper pictures, you should read:
Silicone-selective multishot echo-planar imaging for rapid MRI survey of breast implants
European Radiology Journal, Volume 17, Number 7, July 2007

>:D

old medic said:
For proper pictures, you should read:
Silicone-selective multishot echo-planar imaging for rapid MRI survey of breast implants
European Radiology Journal, Volume 17, Number 7, July 2007

>:D

Where's the link?????

Ask and thou shalt receive....

Back