• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

August 2010 BMQ

Alright, I called the Recruiting center and both Armoured and Infantry have quotas and will begin filling April 1st for those wondering on the combat trades. Also, all BMQ dates are filled upto August, and for my trades, you wont be going any earlier then August. So there is a little bit of a wait to go ::) . Good luck all  :cdn:

Im only at the interview stage which is today, but i've been told that I'm likely heading out in August. I'm enrolled in Field Artilleryman as well, seems like it will be an interesting adventure. There seem to be a lot of people going into this trade, while it wasn't one of my choices, from what I've been reading it looks like it's gunna be a wild ride. Hope to see all you FA people on the other side!

How'd the interview go bonafiedhero? Where are you from? Will you be going to St. jean?

Interview went well, I was sent through, now its just a waiting game... It sucks not knowing anything, but from what i was told i did fairly well and have a good chance  :) Im from Woodstock ON, and if i get in will be going to St. Jean yes.

bonafiedhero said:
Interview went well, I was sent through, now its just a waiting game... It sucks not knowing anything, but from what i was told i did fairly well and have a good chance  :) Im from Woodstock ON, and if i get in will be going to St. Jean yes.

I hear ya on that one! I waited well over a year and a half before everything finally came together, all you can do is hang tough and it will work itself out!

Hey everyone, I got the news as well.  August 23, St Jean for ATIS Tech.  Looking forward to seeing you all then

i got my call this morning and obviously accepted it ;D, i was informed that my training will be from august 2nd - november 5th and im going in for marine electrician, as for my swear in they'll let me know when the time gets closer but man was i so pumped

Re: August 2010 BMQ
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2010, 06:56:42 »

Hi ! Got THE call yesterday...BMQ starting August 23rd, Med Tech.  It went really fast for me, I applied Feb 17th, so for those who are in waiting mode, Hang in there, not everyone has to wait forever !

Ill be seeing you around base fellow med tech, just got the call today for the same start date. Can't wait to start my career!

fischer10 said:
Alright, I called the Recruiting center and both Armoured and Infantry have quotas and will begin filling April 1st for those wondering on the combat trades. Also, all BMQ dates are filled upto August, and for my trades, you wont be going any earlier then August. So there is a little bit of a wait to go ::) . Good luck all  :cdn:

See that is weird, cause I called April 7th to inquire about the MPAC for April (my first trade was MP) and my file manager told me that it was cancelled and but I was offered a job as Armoured Crewman(Second Choice) and my BMQ Date is July 26th.

So maybe give another call and check on your status.

Hopefully see ya around shortly

Was in the area of the CFRC Victoria today. Stopped by to check in and had a job offer presented to me!

August BMQ,  AC OP.

Super pumped. Can't wait!

Hi everyone.

Applied for CF as Infantry on January 1st. Leaving for BMQ August 23, 2010.

Good Luck Everyone, and Congratulations to those who have made it so far.

Finally got my bmq date ....August 30 (french course) ......anyone going these dates?

lifeofctc said:
Hi everyone.

Applied for CF as Infantry on January 1st. Leaving for BMQ August 23, 2010.

Good Luck Everyone, and Congratulations to those who have made it so far.

How is it that you can apply for infantry as recently as January and already have a date set before you when I've had my Application in for 14 months, already have my BMQ under my belt, keep getting the run around from my recruiter, and still have NO idea when or where I go?  Time to call my CFRC and start bugging them. 

Kabalis said:
How is it that you can apply for infantry as recently as January and already have a date set before you when I've had my Application in for 14 months, already have my BMQ under my belt, keep getting the run around from my recruiter, and still have NO idea when or where I go?  Time to call my CFRC and start bugging them.
Hey Kabalis, you must understand everyone's process is different. Unfortunately it's not "first come, first serve" , your application is placed in order by "merit" meaning the person who is best qualified gets the job offer first.

Good to see people getting in for infantry and other combat arms. I've been waiting since October 2008 to even do Medical, Interview and CFAT. Anyone know whats going on with that?

armychick2009 said:
Kabalis? You say you already have your BMQ under your belt? How so? Am I missing something?

I have previous service.  Did BMQ in 2007, made it to week 12/14 for DP1 Infantry, was injured, stuck in physio which is very similar to perpetual hell (it never ends), was told by a friend (who is now a liar in my eyes) that if I were to VR and then re apply that I would be back on course faster.  Boy was I grossly misinformed...

And I got off the phone with my recruiter yesterday and he told me that I had missed my chance for Infantry.  I was told I was very high on the merit list and he also said that because they were in such a rush to fill in the spots, that they literally had to "fill as many positions as they could" by just grabbing any file and filling said positions. 

All this happened in the first few days of April after I was told on the 1st when I called, that I was to call back in the second week of April and I would "know where I was going".  Everything in quotes is exactly what my recruiting officer told me. 

I've been waiting to continue my trade for 14 months and right now I feel cheated, deceived, and down right flabbergasted.  I know I have other options for other trades, but in my mind and heart I know I wont enjoy them.  I have my heart set on Infantry or even an Infantry Officer and Id rather wait for them to open.

I was told that they may open up again in July, so the only way I can make sure I don't fall through the cracks again is to call every day in order to make sure I don't miss out again.  I have to show them I want the job ^^

And all you guys/girls who have their BMQ date set, congrats and make sure you hang on to it because the moment you let it go, I'm gonna steal it from ya  ;)   

My point with the following is, EVERYONE'S case is different. Period.

Talk about leap of faith, you're brave for attempting to find logic in your buddies idea - going with the trial and error approach, sorry it isn't working.

Everyone gets different accounts toward the status of infantry. Yesterday you said your recruiter said it was full. YESTERDAY my recruiter said I could hear soon with an offer. Touch wood , that I do, I pray do....Guess what I chose? Hang in there.

Lobster Rodeo said:
Good to see people getting in for infantry and other combat arms. I've been waiting since October 2008 to even do Medical, Interview and CFAT. Anyone know whats going on with that?

Have you contacted your local recruiting Office? I had to book my dates and times for the CFAT/Interview/Med so if you haven't done that already you'll end up waiting forever

Back