• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

August 2010 BMQ

Maytag

Inactive
Reaction score
Anyone else here going to be heading out that date?

Got the call about a week ago.  Going in as an Artillery Soldier and couldn't be more jacked to begin my career with the CF

My buddy is going Aug 7 for sigop. Im still waiting on doctor stuff to clear the medical so I will most likely miss out on that BMQ date.

Ahhh, i didn't want to hear earlier dates are most likely filled! lol, this sucks for Infantry/armoured soldiers as my recruiter told me they have to wait until the start of April when it opens up!!! Hopefully I will be going to BMQ this year :(. Anyway, Good luck to you all 8)

best of luck to you fischer.

i know its really tough with all the waiting.  i first applied back in May 2009, so it will be a year and a half from when i first applied to when i leave for boot camp. 

so be patient :)    it will happen eventually

I thought Combat Arms was closed till April :S Or is the CFRC playing some kind of joke on most people? Because Artillery Soldier and Air Defense and a mention of Infantry makes me wonder if I even made in now..

EDIT : Called the CFRC and they said they were hiring now. Seems that the background check is taking Ottawa forever even though they have already called my references. I'm pumped and ready to go :(

BTW, best of luck to everyone!

i just phoned the recruiter at the winnipeg cfrc and was informed that yes august is filling up for BMQ and i was hoping to go at the end of april :crybaby:, so right now my application is with some people who give offers or something so i have to wait till april and then by then when i do get a call i won't be going till september or october, blargh, oh well, i should look on the bright side that at least im merit listed, lol

Maytag said:
best of luck to you fischer.

i know its really tough with all the waiting.  i first applied back in May 2009, so it will be a year and a half from when i first applied to when i leave for boot camp. 

so be patient :)    it will happen eventually

Thanks! Seems so long to wait :( Oh well, guess I'll go job hunting for now.

Cleric515 said:
i just phoned the recruiter at the winnipeg cfrc and was informed that yes august is filling up for BMQ and i was hoping to go at the end of april :crybaby:, so right now my application is with some people who give offers or something so i have to wait till april and then by then when i do get a call i won't be going till september or october, blargh, oh well, i should look on the bright side that at least im merit listed, lol

So BMQ is filled right until august already? If so that really sucks for the trades that are not open (mine being infantry/armoured and myself being one of the ones waiting now :(...)

Keep in mind your relative position on the merit list is continually changing. This moment you may be in the middle of the list, but at the end of the day when another xxx names are added, you may move up or down the list depending on how well those new applicants scored during their process.

The merit list is also for each trade. While many people may be getting offers now, the trades these other people are willing to accept an offer for could be looking for more people compared to the trade you are waiting for.

interesting point you have in whether a person can move up or down the merit list, all i know is that my PLAR is done since I was informed that I would be entering the marine electrician trade as semi skilled, so wherever that puts me on the merit list i have no clue

Are any of you guys from the Toronto area, because I'm almost positive that no applications are being processed in that region until April. Anyone care to shed some light on this?

Just got off the phone with CFRC Calgary. BMQ is currently loading for september!!!! will make my process over a year long in the process

Got the call yesterday afternoon! August 23rd BMQ in St. Jean. Field Artillery.
Absolutely Pumped!

tk_01 said:
Are any of you guys from the Toronto area, because I'm almost positive that no applications are being processed in that region until April. Anyone care to shed some light on this?

Im from Just outside Toronto (Guelph), my recruiting centre is CFRC Det. Kitchener

I could be very wrong but from what was explained me to just yesterday... your BMQ start date will vary against others, depending when your second level of training begins. For example, if it's another 9 months before your trade training is set to begin for the year, they will try to have you start your BMQ say, 5 months from now instead of immediately. Otherwise, you're sitting somewhere for five months twiddling your thumbs (which I have been told, gets very boring after the second week)...

I could be very wrong... but I"m sure someone will point it out!

Just got the word from the CFRC, my travel day is August 7th and my start date is August the 9th. I am in R0356E Platoon. Going in for Ammunition Technician.

tk_01 said:

The CFRC I was referring to was the one at Yonge and Sheppard Ave. 

Hi ! Got THE call yesterday...BMQ starting August 23rd, Med Tech.  It went really fast for me, I applied Feb 17th, so for those who are in waiting mode, Hang in there, not everyone has to wait forever !

Back