• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Aug 3rd/06: Sgt Vaughn Ingram, Cpl Bryce Jeffrey Keller, Pte. Kevin Dallaire

I would like to send my condolences to the families of Sgt Vaughn Ingram,Cpl Keller and Pte Dallaire. Unfortunately I did not know Cpl Keller or Pte Dallaire.However I did serve with Vaughn in 1 PPCLI. He was one of the few NCO'S that made teaching on the Lav III gunnery course fun.Vaughn it was a pleasure to serve with you.THEY WILL BE REMEMBERED!!!!

Tow Tripod

VP

We Breathe Fire and Death

I have been so busy the past short while, and have been on this site in some of the few spare time I have. I missed this thread, and I am again so sorry for the loss of more of Canada's finest men.

Again my thoughts and prayers are with the families and friends of these men.

Wes

http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/newsroom/view_news_e.asp?id=2021

Media Advisory
Interment ceremonies of Private Kevin Dallaire
MA-06-005 - August 9, 2006

OTTAWA —The interment ceremony of Private Kevin Dallaire of the Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry, based in Edmonton, will be held August 11, 2006 at 9 a.m. at the Beechwood National Military Cemetery of the Canadian Forces, 280 Beechwood Avenue, Ottawa.

As per the request of the families, media may attend to view the ceremony, though no interviews will be given.

Pte. Dallaire was killed as a result of a rocket propelled grenade attack that occurred August 3 near the village of Pashmul, Afghanistan

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060712/afghanistan_burial_0600811/20060811?hub=Canada

Slain soldier buried at Ottawa military cemetery
Updated Fri. Aug. 11 2006 12:29 PM ET

Canadian Press

OTTAWA -- As a piper played Amazing Grace, comrades carried Pte. Kevin Dallaire's flag-draped coffin to burial Friday in the National Military Cemetery in Ottawa.

Dallaire, 22, Sgt. Vaughn Ingram and Cpl. Bryce Jeffrey Keller were killed Aug. 3 in a rocket-propelled grenade attack during fighting with Taliban forces west of Kandahar in Afghanistan.

All were with the 1st Battalion of the Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry, based in Edmonton.

They were the 20th, 21st and 22nd Canadian soldiers to be killed in Afghanistan since 2002.

A bugler sounded the Last Post and Reveille and three volleys of rifle shots were fired over the grave as Dallaire was laid to rest with full military honours.

Dallaire's mother, Diane received the flag that draped her son's coffin while father Gaetan was presented with his headdress, scabbard and medals.

As family and friends walked solemnly from the gravesite, Diane laid her head on the grave of Capt. Nicola Goddard, who had served in the Dallaire's battle group in Afghanistan.

Goddard was killed in Afghanistan on May 17. Armed Forces spokesperson Sylvain Chalifour said Diane had met Goddard in Canada and had specifically asked to see her grave.

Quietly watching the ceremony were Deborah and Gerald Warren, parents of Cpl. Jason Warren, 29, who was killed July 22 in Afghanistan and was buried in the same cemetery Aug. 3. The Ottawa couple had come to visit their son's grave and were unaware beforehand of the latest burial.

They said they were very sad for the Dallaires, especially given his young age.

The Warrens said there are no other parents in the area who had lost children in Afghanistan, but that a support network of family members across Canada is quietly coming together as the deaths mount.

"There is a group forming out there. It is unfortunate, but it is only natural that it will form," Gerald Warren said.

Maj. Paeta Hess-von Kruedener, 43, one of four UN observers killed July 25 in Lebanon, was to be buried Friday in Burlington, Ont.

http://www.canada.com/edmontonjournal/news/cityplus/story.html?id=4dffa674-ed5a-405a-af28-5ed0281b1c1f

Funeral set for Cpl. Bryce Jeffrey Keller
Cpl. killed on Canada's worst day in Afghanistan to be buried in Sherwood Park 
Article Tools
    Printer friendly
  Font: * * * *  The Edmonton Journal
Published: Sunday, August 13, 2006
EDMONTON - Cpl. Bryce Jeffrey Keller, one of four Canadian soldiers killed on Canada's darkest day so far in Afghanistan, will be buried in Sherwood Park on Tuesday.

Keller was 27 years old when he was killed in battle with Taliban fighters along with Cpl. Christopher Reid, Sgt. Vaughn Ingram and Pte. Kevin Dallaire on Aug. 3. All four of the dead were members of the Edmonton-based 1st Battalion, Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry.

Another six Canadian soldiers were wounded in the same attack, just days before hundreds of troops were expected to start the journey home.

Keller, formerly of Regina, joined the army reserves in 1997. He met his wife Sarah in 1998 while taking a course in Kingston. They moved to Sherwood Park, where they were later married. He is also survived by his parents and two brothers.

He will be laid to rest at the Glenwood Memorial Gardens in Sherwood Park.

His family declined to be interviewed.

Reid, 34, was buried in Truro, N.S., on Saturday.

Dozens of soldiers lay their rifles on the ground beside a hearse and joined the procession to say goodbye to Reid.

Royce Roberts, a member of the Princess Patricia's, said Reid was "one of a kind. I had a lump in my throat when I saw the casket," he said. "It's hard today," Roberts said. "We try to keep (emotions) in, but we're all human."

Longtime friends remembered Reid as a smiling, carefree child.

"His parents stood at our wedding and our first children were born three weeks apart. This is surreal ... a sense of disbelief ... my heart is breaking for the family," said Brenda McAloney, who has known the family for about 40 years.

"I remember Chris as a daredevil, he lived on the edge as a child and was very carefree. I'll smile for Chris today because that's what he would have wanted because he was always smiling."

Another grief-stricken family stood at CFB Trenton on Saturday. The wife and three young children of Master Cpl. Jeffrey Walsh clutched one another in anguish as his flag-draped casket made its return to Canadian soil.

Walsh, 33, was killed Wednesday in an apparent accidental shooting by another Canadian soldier. Walsh, a member of the 2nd Battalion of Princess Patricia's, based in Shilo, Man., had been in Afghanistan just six days.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/newfoundland-labrador/story/2006/08/13/funeral-ingram.html

Soldier mourned at private funeral service
Last Updated: Monday, August 14, 2006 | 12:46 AM NT
CBC News
More than 1,000 people crowded into two churches in Burgeo, N.L., on Sunday for the funeral of a Canadian soldier killed in Afghanistan.

The service for Sgt. Vaughn Ingram, 35, was closed to the media at the family's request.

About 600 people filled the church where the funeral was held. More mourners filled a neighbouring church and watched the service on a video feed.

Brig.-Gen. Rick Parsons, the commander of Land Force Atlantic Area, presented Ingram's wife and mother with a Memorial Cross.

At a second ceremony at the town's cenotaph, Ingram's daughter Brooke, 5, was presented with his medals and beret. His older daughter Samantha, 13, was presented with a flag.

Four killed on same day

Ingram was just weeks away from returning home when he was killed in rocket attack on Aug. 3. Cpl. Bryce Keller and Pte. Kevin Dallaire died in the same attack. Cpl. Christopher Reid of Truro, N.S., was killed in a separate attack the same day.

All four soldiers from the Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry based in Edmonton.

Twenty-six Canadian soldiers have been killed since Canada began its mission in Afghanistan in April 2002.

On Sunday, soldiers gathered in Kandahar to remember Cpl. Andrew James Eykelenboom. The medic, who was with the 1st Field Ambulance based in Edmonton, was killed on Friday in a suicide bombing in southern Afghanistan.

The Taliban in recent weeks has made repeated promises to increase its attacks against coalition forces, which include about 2,200 Canadians.

With files from the Canadian Press

Back