• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

8 Apr 07 - Sgt Donald Lucas, Cpl Brent Poland, Cpl Aaron Williams, Cpl Chris Stannix (PLF), Pte Kevin Kennedy, Pte David Greenslade - 2 RCR

For those who don't know, Dave Shipley is a former CF member.

Mud Recce Man said:
For those who don't know, Dave Shipley is a former CF member.

The following never gave us that impression at all:

dshipley said:
Please, please, please don't judge all reporters with the same brush. There are those of us, some (including myself) who are former CF members and are just as appalled when people don't show proper respect and decorum. 

;)

This just came through on the Regimental net:

To: Walter Holmes

Sent: Sunday, April 15, 2007 11:46 AM

Subject: The Price of Freedom

MGen Walter Holmes, Colonel of the Regiment, The Royal Canadian Regiment.

I have just returned from Vimy. It was on Easter Sunday, while at Vimy,  that we heard the news from the PM personally of the recent battle losses in Kandahar province.  It struck me at the time that the sacrifice of Canadians to defend our freedom and our values that is so evident at our Vimy memorial continues to this day. The Canadians citizens that choose to serve in the Canadian Forces understand all too well that the price of our freedom frequently comes with the highest price.

On behalf of all members of the Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry Regimental family, please accept our heartfelt loss of the loss of your members and our comrades. Our two Regiment's fought side by side at Vimy and you and your members know that we stand with you today and will do so in the future.

BGen J.E.L. Gollner
Colonel of the Regiment
Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry

Got this in an e-mail.
tribute_bg.jpg

It's July now...

got some friends back from roto. And for us, it is still hard to accept Chris's death. Still gives me a stinking feeling in my chest.

Regards,
TN2IC

Scum.... :rage:

This from the Canadian Press:
"The parents of a Canadian soldier killed in Afghanistan two years ago are upset that someone stole a coin and other treasured items from his grave.

Pte. David Greenslade, 20, was killed on April 8, 2007, with five other soldiers when a roadside bomb exploded as they drove through a maze of irrigation ditches in Afghanistan.

He was buried in Fernhill Cemetery in Saint John beneath a headstone etched with a picture of him with his dog, Colby.

A silver-coloured coin, placed in an army-green pouch and hanging from two red ribbons and a piece of wire, was missing when parents Laurie and Donnie Greenslade visited his grave Monday.

"There’s no value to it," Laurie Greenslade said. "I guess, to me, he was murdered over there, we bring him back to a safe place and then somebody robs his grave."...."

:threat:
Another low life example of disrespect to our Troops, Graves and just plain life in general!
Was it his Regimental Coin? 
RIP Lads, Stand Down.    :salute:
:cdn:

Happy easter everyone.. 5 years ago 2-2 Bravo was hit and we lost 6 heroes that day. including MCpl Chris Stannix.

I remeber them every on this day every year. It was a very hard day for the H Coy Cbt Tm.

5 yrs has passed since, and I still remember the events like it was yesterday. RIP brothers. Pro Patria

Back