• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Aug 3rd/06: Sgt Vaughn Ingram, Cpl Bryce Jeffrey Keller, Pte. Kevin Dallaire

military granny

Inactive
Reaction score
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060731/afghanistan_bomb_060803/20060803?hub=TopStories

RIP Soldiers  :salute:

Now we the families at home wait, praying for the families of the fallen, and hoping to hear from our loved ones.

MG,

I pray for the families and the injured of this latest attack. As I sit and wait for word as well.

God Speed and RIP Soldiers :salute:

Dear Lord.
Not trying to sound selfish, but I hope that these NATO soldiers aren't Canadian.  I think that our Patricia and Artillery Brethern, not to mention the Highlanders of the LSSR and the Black Watch, haven't given enough.  Hell, the entire Task Force over there has paid more than their share of blood, sweat and tears on this one and have made us ALL proud, and let us not forget that WE are the ones who are reaping the benefits of their OUTSTANDING, STOIC and PROFESSIONAL service to Her Majesty, Canada and especially their Regiments.
Regardless of their nationality, RIP to the fallen soldiers and may their families and those left behind be comforted in this, their time of grief.

CTV (television report) 13:00 Central time

No names or any other information given.

I'm scared to even look at the news for the rest of the day.

My thoughts are with the families of these 3 fallen heroes. My heart truly grieves for the loss of 3 more Canadians.

I pray the bad news stops here.

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone during this very tragic day overseas!  

Elisha

Did they say if they are from Shilo or Edmonton ( they did say they are pats ).

RIP Soldiers.  :salute:

i know who and were there from but won't give out anything until i know the families have been contacted, which i think they have been by know , but i am going to talk to the Adj right know and find out

Reid, the one who perished in the roadside bomb was 1st Bn PPCLI. (CTV.ca has it posted in the links previously given)

:cdn: :salute: :cdn: We will never forget the job well done over there. R.I.P.

RIP.  Thank you for everything you have done!  :salute: :cdn:

Couple of weeks left in the tour, My prayers are with the families and injured. RIP!  :salute:

To the families,

This may be of little consolation but your loved ones died for a greater cause then just Canada, they died to make this a better world for everyones children and their children's children's, Good men must sometimes die that others may live to remember.

My heartfelt sympathy to you in your loss.

Rest well my brothers, you have stood the last watch time for you to come home and sleep.

Again today tragic news,

My thoughts and prayers to all of the families involved and hopes of speedy recoveries to the injured.

To our fallen,

My respect for your sacrifice. It is not in vain as those of us who remain forever in your military family will continue to carry your torches high and proud. Rest easy. We will remember you.

Vern

DND News Release:
http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/newsroom/view_news_e.asp?id=2009

News Release
Three Canadian Soldiers killed, six wounded in Afghanistan

CEFCOM NR–06.015 - August 3, 2006

OTTAWA - Three Canadian soldiers were killed and six others injured today as the result of a rocket propelled grenade attack that occurred near the village of Pashmul, approximately 25 kilometres south west of Kandahar City near the location where Corporal Reid was killed when his vehicle struck an improvised explosive device earlier in the day. The incident occurred at approximately 12:30 p.m. Kandahar time.

The identities of two of the soldiers are being withheld at the request of the next-of-kin. The identity of the third soldier is being withheld pending next-of-kin notification.

All three soldiers were members of the 1st Battalion Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry, based in Edmonton.

The three more seriously wounded soldiers and a local interpreter, who was also injured in the same incident, were evacuated by helicopter to the nearby British-led hospital at Camp Bastion in Helmand province.  The three remaining soldiers were air-evacuated to the multinational hospital at Kandahar Airfield.  All six soldiers are in good condition and the interpreter is in fair condition.  None of the injuries are life threatening.

The repatriation of remains is now being planned.

As a result of this ongoing engagement, Canadian and Afghan National Security Forces have inflicted severe casualties upon the Taliban and disrupted their leadership in the Pashmul area. Coalition forces will continue to apply coordinated pressure in an effort to establish the security conditions necessary for reconstruction and development to continue. The operation is also focussed on removing Taliban influence from this area so that local citizens can live without the fear of Taliban intimidation and violence.

Today’s fighting has been tough for Task Force Afghanistan with four Canadians killed and 10 wounded, but today was also a necessary and successful step towards improving security in Southern Afghanistan. Without security development is not possible. The sacrifice of these brave Canadian soldiers was the price today of ensuring that tens of thousands of Afghan men, women and children can have hope that their future will be brighter.

"We come, not to mourn our dead soldiers, but to praise them."  ~Francis A. Walker

RIP for you are the reason that Canada is proud.

Crap just listening in on the radio, today deeply sucks. Keep safe guys and kill some more of the bastards.

Back