• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army Courses List

Can you access the CFSMI website?

They post the Crses there.

Pt 2 is 5 Jan 10 to 8 Apr 10

There is no difference between the Courses - They are one and the same.

George, I cannot access the site as I'm not around a DND comp but regardless, thanks a lot to both of you - the more you know!

And the follow up.....

Basic Intelligence Officer PT 1(DL) DP1 REG/PRES 1/Sep/09 11/Sep/09
Basic Intelligence Officer  PT 2 DP1 REG/PRES            20/May/09 14/Aug/09
Basic Intelligence Officer  PT 2 DP1 REG/PRES 5/Jan/10 8/Apr/10

All straight from the National Calendar.

They TOW guns clearly....  ;D

TOW is a wired guided anti-tank missile.

Oh alright I thought it was like an abbreviation for something lol, yea I definitely don't want to TOW gun's....

Be advised TOW has switched over from an Infantry task to an Armoured task, so as an Infantry soldier the chance of getting a TOW course in the future is very small.

What about Reconnaissance Patrolman, what is your view on that, I've heard it's a pretty hard course but what do they exactly do, I know they like gather intel and like scope out the areas but I'm sure there's more to it..

SITM

I am sorry the first part of my answer above was a joke. a TOW gunner is the person who fires and guides the TOW missile onto the tank to kill it. I thought that the second part of my reply would have cleared that up but I guess it was rather vague.

Recce Patrolman are generally the best the Battalion has to offer and it takes a lot of hard work just to get slated for the course let alone passing it. I would suggest to you that focus more on BMQ and BIQ and less on the future. What comes, comes but you have to work to get to the point where anything cool will come to you.

For the record a Recce Patrolman work in small teams behind the enemy or at least in front of the advancing Battalion and gather Int and provide situation updates so that friendly forces do not walk into something they did not expect.

NOTE: This is a very generalised description and no means all encompassing.

CDN Aviator said:
What leads you to that conclusion ?

Sorry about the lateness of my reply - I was led to that conclusion by the recruiter who had told me that the INT-O course was much larger.  I believe I was inititally told that it was in the order of 8 months, so I had to assume that the course being described here was the shorter, PRes version as that is generally what is done in order to accomodate the time that most PRes types have to go on course.  I say this as a former Mo!

That said, the info provided here has been as ever, spot on.

BulletMagnet said:
SITM

I am sorry the first part of my answer above was a joke. a TOW gunner is the person who fires and guides the TOW missile onto the tank to kill it. I thought that the second part of my reply would have cleared that up but I guess it was rather vague.

Recce Patrolman are generally the best the Battalion has to offer and it takes a lot of hard work just to get slated for the course let alone passing it. I would suggest to you that focus more on BMQ and BIQ and less on the future. What comes, comes but you have to work to get to the point where anything cool will come to you.

For the record a Recce Patrolman work in small teams behind the enemy or at least in front of the advancing Battalion and gather Int and provide situation updates so that friendly forces do not walk into something they did not expect.

NOTE: This is a very generalised description and no means all encompassing.

No worries about the TOW answer you gave me, I should have realized after the second part you said, I guess I'm a little slow lol but yea I agree I'll just concentrate on getting my BMQ and my BIQ finished and go from there. Thanks for all the information though I appreciate it.

Dylan

Was wondering  about unarmed combat instructor?? Is there no coarse for that? What qualifications do you need and how do you go about it?

Mosher said:
Was wondering  about unarmed combat instructor?? Is there no coarse for that? What qualifications do you need and how do you go about it?
The course is CQCI (Close Quarter Combat Instructor) and the prerequisites are you have to be PLQ qualified, as for how you get it like most courses you are selected by your chain of command or they ask if anyone is interested in it.

Awesome. Thank you for your help. Whats PLQ though? Sorry, i'm very new to this.

Mosher said:
Awesome. Thank you for your help. Whats PLQ though? Sorry, i'm very new to this.

Usually that is an indication that you do not have the qualification.

Primary Leadership Qualification.  The course you will have to take to become an Instructor, and be promoted to MCpl.

George Wallace said:

Yes, George, like not even being in yet. 
wink.gif

Mosher said:
Everything is done. My medical cleared. And they said that as soon as my file gets back from where it was approved i will get a call with a start date. Which i would think would be late this week.

Whats it matter if im not in yet. I start my bmq april 13th. And thats the direction i would like to go. I don't know how else im suppose to learn without asking questions. No aggrivation intended.

Thank you for answering though, i appreciate it.

Edit: I understand it might be frustrating to get asked all the same questions over again by uneducated newbies like myself. But i feel in my opinion that alot of people around this forum like to put others down. People do have feelings and we are all just here to learn. Not an attack, just my opinion. If ive crossed any lines by saying this, feel free to ban me.

Sorry for any harshness that may have been applied.

George Wallace said:

Primary Leadership Qualification.  The course you will have to take to become an Instructor, and be promoted appointed to MCpl.

Corrected your quote George

;D

Mosher said:
Whats it matter if im not in yet. I start my bmq april 13th. And thats the direction i would like to go. I don't know how else im suppose to learn without asking questions. No aggrivation intended.

Thank you for answering though, i appreciate it.

Edit: I understand it might be frustrating to get asked all the same questions over again by uneducated newbies like myself. But i feel in my opinion that alot of people around this forum like to put others down. People do have feelings and we are all just here to learn. Not an attack, just my opinion. If ive crossed any lines by saying this, feel free to ban me.

Sorry for any harshness that may have been applied.

You have a steep learning curve ahead of you.  Also, if you want to play this game, you will land up loosing.  Your instructors will be "Harsh" (in your words) on you; not the other way around.  If you want to comment on others, please remember to look in the mirror if you are doing so.  Seems to me you are doing exactly what you claim/feel others are doing to you.  As a Recruit, you are definitely going to experience a lot worse than you think you are experiencing here and if you decide to lip off, you will have sealed your own fate.  You will not like the outcome.

Back