• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
AlphaBravo said:
On my way home from work I drove by a guy who was in his uniform, I was pretty envious..... Still haven't heard anything from my Recruiting Center.

That really sucks dude, hopefully you hear something back soon. Maybe they're focusing on combat arms right now....

Well I finally managed to get into a Math 12 program, so if I can get it done ASAP I can add Cook to my application and that may get me somewhere.

Long time lurker, first time poster!

I'm currently in the process to become a cook in the navy. My recruitment center is the same as yours, new west. You should call the recruitment center to see if you can add cook as a career choice ASAP. I'm pretty sure the requirement is still grade eleven math so maybe ask to confirm. Selection for unskilled cooks started a week ago, only 13 positions hopefully I get called back by mid next week.

If you add cook as a career choice I would recommend joining through the subsidized education plan because its less competitive. Maybe it'll speed up your application, selection date is mid/end of August for the SEP cooks. I think there's around 10 positions.

I highly recommend making a list of questions and going down to the recruitment center. I found it was a lot more helpful then calling. They have a list with every career and the selection dates/ amount of positions. Every recruitment center is given a certain amount of positions to fill.

Feel free to reply or PM me if you have any questions, hopefully I can help as I'm at the end of the process for the same recruitment center.

I apologize, I just looked it up and it turns out that yes the math requirment for cooks has gone up to grade 12.

I wonder if you can add cook as a trade choice now, go through the process but not be accepted until your math course has been passed? Or maybe a conditional offer of acceptance? That would be great. They might do it, its what they do for people in high school that want to apply but haven't finished school yet.

I wish you the best of luck with your math course!

Curious to know, how long is your course?

McDavid said:
I apologize, I just looked it up and it turns out that yes the math requirment for cooks has gone up to grade 12.

I wonder if you can add cook as a trade choice now, go through the process but not be accepted until your math course has been passed? Or maybe a conditional offer of acceptance? That would be great. They might do it, its what they do for people in high school that want to apply but haven't finished school yet.

I wish you the best of luck with your math course!

Curious to know, how long is your course?

Alright well I contacted them, unfortunately because I just got into the course they cannot actually do it. Apparently Steward is still open, but at the rate of my application it does not seem like it. Looks like I have until the interview to finish the Math course....... Which at this point is looking like it may be some time before it actually happens.

I have been dealing with the barrie recruiting office. Have made it as far as the interview, just waiting for the medical date. I called to try and get an update/ see if a slot for the medical has opened up, they informed me they were no longer giving out updates. If they have a spot they will call.  Just a little concerned with this as up until this point every appointment I have had, whether CFAT, or interview, it had been booked because I called for an update on my application. Has anyone else experienced this sudden halt in obtaining info? Or is this just a barrie recruiting centre thing?
Also, is anyone else dealing with the barrie centre, if so, how has your process been going?

been creeping a while, figured i'd throw my stuff up.  my advice for those who are just starting their application or who are waiting, *Call*, if you get no response with calling within a week ***go into the office/recruiting centre***.  After a few days of completing the online application i received an email stating to contact Hamilton within 30 days of receiving said email and to fill out forms to continue on with the process.  I called Hamilton and understandably they are busy, so after a week i decided to just go in with my forms and right then and there they booked my CFAT.  So if possible (after your online application and trying to call), go into your recruiting centre, it might pay off. 

not saying it'll work for everyone, but definitely doesn't hurt to try.

Trade choice 1 - ACISS
Trade choice 2 - Armour soldier
Trade choice 3 - Optronic Tech(land)
Recruiting centre - Hamilton
Reg Force/Reserves - RegF
Date applied - Mid May 2014
CFAT - 3 JUN 2014
Medical - 9  JULY 2014
Interview - 9 JULY 2014
Job offer -
Swearing in -
BMQ starts -

As a side note, i originally started my application as an officer since i have a degree, but scored just under the cut off, i was told like 2-3 points off which kind of sucks, but I then found out my degree doesn't count for anything but the combat arms sections anyway.  Also, if i was to re-write and score lower then that's it, i'm done, i'd have to wait a certain period to reapply.  So, i was told i could switch that day and i spoke to another recruiter and got into the NCM trades.  Tough choices, i sat and read over alot but i wanted something in the ARMY, and there are only so many trades being hired at the moment too.  But, the ACISS seemed the most appealing and suited me (well from what i read and researched anyway, lol)

SJF1988 said:
I have been dealing with the barrie recruiting office. Have made it as far as the interview, just waiting for the medical date. I called to try and get an update/ see if a slot for the medical has opened up, they informed me they were no longer giving out updates. If they have a spot they will call.  Just a little concerned with this as up until this point every appointment I have had, whether CFAT, or interview, it had been booked because I called for an update on my application. Has anyone else experienced this sudden halt in obtaining info? Or is this just a barrie recruiting centre thing?
Also, is anyone else dealing with the barrie centre, if so, how has your process been going?

I also had this happen to me I called hoping to hear some  good news  and they said they no longer give updates. Having taken my CFAT 6 weeks ago they said to give a call every month or so to see if anything is updated and to so interest so I'm wondering how new this policy is.

Recruiting Center: CRFC Montreal
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Trade Choice 2: Artillery
Application Date: October 2012 (Online)
First Contact: August 2013
File Transfer From North Bay: August 2013
CFAT completed : September 5, 2013
Interview completed: September 26 2013
Medical Completed: September 26 2013
Merit Listed: January 2014
Job Offer : July 07 2014 ( Artillery )
Sworn in: August 25 2014
Basic Training Begins: September 5 2014

Last update, really thrilled, can't wait to start.

Jayjaycf said:
Recruiting Center: CRFC Montreal
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Trade Choice 2: Artillery
Application Date: October 2012 (Online)
First Contact: August 2013
File Transfer From North Bay: August 2013
CFAT completed : September 5, 2013
Interview completed: September 26 2013
Medical Completed: September 26 2013
Merit Listed: January 2014
Job Offer : July 07 2014 ( Artillery )
Sworn in: August 25 2014
Basic Training Begins: September 5 2014

Last update, really thrilled, can't wait to start.

Congratulations on the job offer!

Just got a call booking my medical!  Woo!  Slow and steady wins the race... I hope.

Recruiting Centre: Hamilton
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer
Trade Choice 1: Legal Officer
Online Application: March 12, 2014
First contact: March 14, 2014
CFAT: April 3, 2014
Medical: July 14, 2014 (booked)
Interview: TBD
JAG Board Interview: --
Position(s) offered: --
Enrollment/swearing in: --
BMOQ: --

LegalApp said:
Just got a call booking my medical!  Woo!  Slow and steady wins the race... I hope.

I am getting slightly jealous haha, my recruiting center has been silent lately.

LegalApp said:

Might seem slow and steady but this is warp speed compared to mine and many others ;)

Recruiting Center: Fredericton
Trade Choice 1: RMS Clerk
Trade Choice 2: Met Tech
Trade Choice 3: WFE Tech
Application Date: March 20, 2014
First Contact: April 22, 2014
CFAT completed : May 22,2014
Interview completed: July 8, 2014
Medical Completed: June 26, 2014
Merit Listed: tbd
Job Offer : Tbd
Sworn in: Tbd
Basic Training Begins: Tbd

Bam, interview done. I was told as soon as my checks come back I'll be merit listed... Fingers crossed that will be soon! :)

niftynicolemarie said:
Recruiting Center: Fredericton
Trade Choice 1: RMS Clerk
Trade Choice 2: Met Tech
Trade Choice 3: WFE Tech
Application Date: March 20, 2014
First Contact: April 22, 2014
CFAT completed : May 22,2014
Interview completed: July 8, 2014
Medical Completed: June 26, 2014
Merit Listed: tbd
Job Offer : Tbd
Sworn in: Tbd
Basic Training Begins: Tbd

Bam, interview done. I was told as soon as my checks come back I'll be merit listed... Fingers crossed that will be soon! :)
it all really depends. My checks took a few months.

So after checking this post and the selection dates posts it seems like the hurry up and wait saying is holding true for most applicants.
I have a few friends posted here on base gagetown who have suggested re-mustering to armoured as it was still a trade i was interested in and has better luck with wait times from merit listing too swear in / bmq.
Any thoughts on this?
I have already been warned if I wanted to switch back to engineers once in the forces I would have to wait until i was a cpl if i wanted to switch. Armoured was one of my picks and I cant see myself not enjoying being a crewman on a  lav 3 or leopard 2.
I was also told that engineers usually hire more in January after the new budgets are released, I have noticed other members of this forum getting their calls the past few weeks but maybe its nothing compared to the beginning of the year.

PopeScope20 said:
So after checking this post and the selection dates posts it seems like the hurry up and wait saying is holding true for most applicants.
I have a few friends posted here on base gagetown who have suggested re-mustering to armoured as it was still a trade i was interested in and has better luck with wait times from merit listing too swear in / bmq.
Any thoughts on this?
I have already been warned if I wanted to switch back to engineers once in the forces I would have to wait until i was a cpl if i wanted to switch. Armoured was one of my picks and I cant see myself not enjoying being a crewman on a  lav 3 or leopard 2.
I was also told that engineers usually hire more in January after the new budgets are released, I have noticed other members of this forum getting their calls the past few weeks but maybe its nothing compared to the beginning of the year.

First off, you have to already be a member of the CF to OT (ie; remuster).  Your second comment is a relative scenario but it could take longer than you expect.  The last comment about hiring more Engrs in Jan is "out to lunch" and there is no correlation between recruiting and budgets, just doesn't happen that way.  Same pretty much applies to all occupations.

They hire, when they need/want to hire, simple as that.  The only occupations that have a somewhat "specific" hiring time are the subsidized entry programs (ie; ROTP, CEOTP, SEELM and NCM SEP).  Other than that, everything else, is pretty much up for grabs.

Thanks for the quick and clear reply!
Ill stick with waiting and hope for the august bmq and if no luck then whatever bmq dates are after that.

halifamous said:
Might seem slow and steady but this is warp speed compared to mine and many others ;)

True story.  I was expecting it to take much longer.  I'm just hoping it's all done for the next selection (June 2015).

My Application Process take 5 Months from online application to get a BMQ Date!
Good Luck Guys !

Recruiting centre: CFRC Quebec
Trade choice 1: Armoured Soldier
Application Date: Feb 2014
First contact: March 05 2014
CFAT: March 05 2014
Medical: 12 March 2014
Interview: 12 March 2014
Position offered: July 07 2014
Enrollment/swearing in: 28 August 2014