• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Anyone Else's Enrollment Going So Fast?

Ya know, I'd heard cases of "I sat in limbo, until I called the CFRC, and then I had my medical, and interview scheduled for a week later!"
Same thing happened to me! Except when I called, and he asked my particulars "Clarke, Andrew, Regular Force, 031 Infantry", the clerk says "Aren't you loaded for the Militia Co-Op course?" I say "Uhmm...No", and he goes ".......I have to put you on hold for a second" !!
Seems they'd loaded me for a Co-Op course beginning in Sept!!
I have my Medical, and Interview on the 18th of June.
Is there anyone with dates roughly around there, who know...roughly...when they'll be loaded for BMQ at CFB St. Jean?

I know the recruiting process has recently seen some major improvements so i'm just wondering, for a Canadian citizen born in a Commonwealth country, say the Caribbean, who's only been living in Canada for three or four years prior to applying, about how long would the recruitment process now take when you factor in overseas security checks etc.

Military recruitment drive big success, Hillier says
Jun 04, 2007 04:30 AM
http://www.thestar.com/News/article/221192

CALGARY–Applications to the Canadian Forces have swelled amid the backdrop of the dangerous mission in war-torn Afghanistan, the chief of Canada's defence staff said yesterday.

In an address to delegates at the Federation of Canadian Municipalities conference, Gen. Rick Hillier said the military has been "106 per cent successful" in meeting its recruitment target to add more than 12,000 people this spring.

"Just last year we had 25,000 applications of men and women to join us – this year we have 35,000," he said.

The forces' enrolment process has been whittled from "years to days," added Hillier, with 30 per cent of applicants fully enrolled in just five days.

Apparently 30% of peoples enrollment is going really fast!  ::)

I started enrollment may 26, and today I have passed all my tests, and most likely end of August, beginning of September will be sent for BMQ ... whoo..  :salute:

I am glad to see that some people are having luck with their recruitment process.  I am happy for them but mad (for me) at the same time as my application drags on.  I suspect when you walk into the recruitment office they must flip a coin and that decides the track your file takes.  Head is right away and tails is years...

I applied the end of March. This past week I just finished my medical, CFAT and interview. I am now on the merit list waiting for a call back which I was told would be in the next two weeks. (Going to BMQ sometime in Aug I was told) I hear a lot of people say the process has been taking far too long. My advice, call them once a week or so to check up on your application. I called when I hadn't heard back in 2 weeks from them and they scheduled me everything for the following week.

I made a bad judgment call. When asked if you suffer or have a history of depression i checked no because it was so long ago when i was a teenager. I didn't take any meds but i did go into the hospital for a week just to have time to clear my head. I wasn't suicidal and i didn't try anything like that. So in august there coming back up to my town to go over it with me, I don't really know whats going on. The army doc handling my file said they would be getting in touch with a shrink I saw in the hospital. I have made an appointment with my family doctor to have something in writing from him to just explain the whole situation. I realize i did a  dumb move but can anyone let me know what usually happens in situations like this? And can I be banned from ever joining the army?

I just went through that, I actually saw my Family Dr today. Basically they get your family dr to fill out a form answering questions like what happend, are you still being treated etc etc. Its no big deal. If the Dr says all is well then your application goes on. Good Luck!

I have a feeling the Army keep records of that sort of thing on file.
Hope everything goes well for you though!

I applied May 8th and have done all tests and inteviews, I just have to wait now to get merited and they told me I may be off mid Aug for Basic so here's hoping!  ;)

after waiting all this time to reapply my application has gone super fast! Applied the end of may, got a call two weeks later for medical and interview. Cfat was already completed two years  ago so i breezed by that. Only waitng of the pee test results and an offer! Hoping from BMQ in September!!!!

After reading all these experiences of applications going through so fast I'm a little saddened that its taken me this long to even get to the point of being told that my application is being forwarded to the file manager. I applied back in December, completed the CFAT in January and then heard nothing. I called back every week until April when finally they told me that they forgot to send my medical out so after waiting another month for that medical to come back clear I started calling back weekly to check on the progress and now I'm waiting to be merit listed. Its really a bummer that it took this long to get to the point its at now, but hopefully I'll get a job offer soon.

gimpy what CFRC were you at? Soemtimes if they have a heavy case load it takes awhile. Believe me until this week I was like you. This has been a three year process that I'm finally eligable to continue. I'm just glad that when I could it went so fast!

Gimpy said:
After reading all these experiences of applications going through so fast I'm a little saddened that its taken me this long to even get to the point of being told that my application is being forwarded to the file manager. I applied back in December, completed the CFAT in January and then heard nothing. I called back every week until April when finally they told me that they forgot to send my medical out so after waiting another month for that medical to come back clear I started calling back weekly to check on the progress and now I'm waiting to be merit listed. Its really a bummer that it took this long to get to the point its at now, but hopefully I'll get a job offer soon.

Hang in there, not everyones enrollments go so fast, mine took 10months from start to offer of employment. Mainly due to the fact my trade was not hiring at the time, so there was no rush till the new fiscal year. That could be the case with your file as well, or just a string of bad luck. Patience is a virtue, even though its hard to sit around and wait when you want something so bad.

formerarmybrat23 said:
gimpy what CFRC were you at? Soemtimes if they have a heavy case load it takes awhile. Believe me until this week I was like you. This has been a three year process that I'm finally eligable to continue. I'm just glad that when I could it went so fast!

I applied at CFRC Toronto so I could see why they might have a large load with Toronto being such a large city.

[quote author=Keebler]
Hang in there, not everyones enrollments go so fast, mine took 10months from start to offer of employment. Mainly due to the fact my trade was not hiring at the time, so there was no rush till the new fiscal year. That could be the case with your file as well, or just a string of bad luck. Patience is a virtue, even though its hard to sit around and wait when you want something so bad.
[/quote]

The trade I applied for is Combat Engineer and when I applied it was in demand, but now its not and I'm not sure if that might be the reason its taken so long. But it the meantime I've gotten a part time job, so I've been doing all right on keeping my mind busy, but nonetheless its still a tad disheartening when it takes so long to hear back.

Gimpy,
When was your interview? One thing that really slows the whole process down is the telephone reference check the interviewer has to do as part of the interview. If you give contact daytime numbers but these were home numbers and the person works it can be very hard to do a refernce check.  This step must be completed before the file goes to be merit listed.

CFR FCS said:
Gimpy,
When was your interview? One thing that really slows the whole process down is the telephone reference check the interviewer has to do as part of the interview. If you give contact daytime numbers but these were home numbers and the person works it can be very hard to do a refernce check.  This step must be completed before the file goes to be merit listed.

Well my interview was in the middle of January, and I gave two teachers and a family friend as a reference, but I put down work and home numbers for the teachers. I'd also think that if after a week or so of trying to contact references that they would call me back and ask to provide different references. But with the recent developments I'm feeling a  bit better about the progress the application is making and was told a call would be coming "shortly", so I'm hoping that sometime in the coming week I'll get the job offer.

Another funny sidenote is that its been so long since my interview that the Captain who interviewed me has moved onto a different posting.

hey,
i applied somwhre in april 2007......test and interview was on may 10.....medical on 29th of may.
i ran into a debt issue cuz 400 bucks went to collections. The Lieutenant who took my interview told me to show him proof of payment....so i gave him 3 reciepts from last 3 months (april, may, june)....he told me im good to go after that. I also asked him how long will it be for me to expect a call...he said to give it 2 weeks or so.
Now....i called him today just to see how things are goin....but hes on holiday and wont be in office until monday.

Im wondering.....did anyone here get called within 2-3 weeks after gettin put on merit list to find out if ur in or out?
btw..im a new member on this forum.

Back