• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Aircrew Selection/ACS (Merged)

Wear something comfortable though (especially footwear)....you will be spending a lot of time in front of a pc

Wow that's awesome man!  Good luck.  I'm still waiting for mine.  Out of curiosity, I know it differs case by case, but what was your timeline like from interview/medical to getting your dates for ASC?

I had my interview and medical on the same day a month ago, then submitted all that additional medical paperwork (blood work, ecg) they asked for about 3 weeks ago.

Hi EternalPharoah,

I did my interview/medical at the beginning of September, then I handed in my bloodwork and stuff, 2 weeks after. So my guess is your ASC should be somewhere in January.

Best of luck!

Hi,

Can anyone shed some light on how long does it take to get selected after completing ACS and medical ?

sonic said:
Hi,

Can anyone shed some light on how long does it take to get selected after completing ACS and medical ?

I'll let you know. I did ACS on Nov 2-4 and they said expect around 4-6 weeks to hear back regarding the medical results. After that I'm assuming it's the merit list and then just waiting for the call for BMOQ! Keep in mind that your performance at ACS will also determine how long it takes to be selected.

Hi folks,

AEC applicant here

Still waiting on the results of my medical but starting to prep for aircrew selection

make sure you guys check your local library e-resources, I'm in Toronto area and we have some good AFAST practice exams through learning express library. and its free!

admittedly i do work in the library

sorry i didn't let you know about this earlier Ryan!

sonic said:
Hi,

Completed ACS late February and received an offer early July.

sonic said:
Hi,

I completed ACS last week of October 2015, and just got a call that I have been selected! ...sweating buckets at work lol

Thank you Sonic,

Was told BMOQ starts May 23rd and that enrollment is on May 4th.

I just got my offer today for Pilot as well! Looks like we'll be on the same course aero_dude.

Hi All. Question about ACS timelines, because I've gotten somewhat conflicting info between my Candidate Guide and other fora like this one.

My CFRC email about scheduling says ACS is 3 days long. I know you do Aircrew Medical if you do well on the standardized tests. Are the tests on the first day, and then medical on the other two days? Or, are the tests over 2-3 days, but then you end up being away from home for longer because of medical after that? Just trying to plan my time. Thanks.

brewski5000 said:
My CFRC email about scheduling says ACS is 3 days long.

The actual test is about 7 hours long and is administered during the first 2 days. If you pass that, then on Day 3 you will be traveling to Toronto for Medical testing at the DRDC. Hope this is clear.

Hi aero_dude. Thanks so much, that's great.

PS: Congrats!!!! Hope to join you before long. I'm hoping to get in by that summer BMOQ, too.

One more question for ya'll about ACS. I'm on a Mon-Wed serial. If I'm successful in the testing, will they send me off to the aircrew medical in Toronto on the Tuesday evening or the Wednesday morning? I ask because I live in TO and I'm wondering if I'll get to spend the Tuesday night with my SO. Thanks.

Back