• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

After BMQ - PAT [Merged]

Probably.  Basically, you are entitled to a 'cost move' when you reach "Career Status",which is defined as QL3 qualified OR 3 years of service, whichever comes first.

However, you can apply to your CO for Common Law Status after the 12 months residing together part.  That would require you to remain residing with her until you depart for CFLRS and that your primary residence remain that address, with her still living there, for the duration of the 12 months.

Then, enquire into your CofC about applying for CLS.  Cheers.

Perfect OK. I'm going to be sending my gf half of each months rent through e-transfer while in St.Jean and having her still get receipts. Thanks again. I was just talking to a friend of my parents who's son left for bmq a year ago and now is in Borden. I guess he was told it was 6 months common law ( don't know if it changed again or not) and he was able to move his gf and child to Borden because his training is going to take over a year. I guess he was also told that they usually won't move your spouse up if your time in Borden looks like it will be less than a year? Anyways, thanks again. I guess I'll have to figure it all out for myself after my bmq.

Thanks though for taking the time to answer me. I'm not at all challenging your info either. It seems like there are some different factors that come into play when trying to figure this all out. The info at least gives me an idea of what to expect.

medeiros87 said:
...he was told it was 6 months common law ( don't know if it changed again or not) and he was able to move his gf and child to Borden because his training is going to take over a year...

This is the problem when comparing examples with other people. Your friend has a child with his common law wife, that changes what he is entitled to compared to what you have posted here.

Your friend was probably also in a hard air force trade - their training is much much longer. He likely was permitted to move into a PMQ with them, but he moved them there on his own dime. I am married, with a child and I was away from home for 1 year and 11 months. What Eye in the Sky said is probably your best bet - although make sure you have proof that you have resided with her as long as you say. My orderly room wanted bills with both our names on it going to the home address, or several from each person with the same addresses. Just make sure you get all your duckies in a row before you file paperwork. A lot faster to file it correct the first time, than to wait and have it sent back down because of one missing document. Best of Luck !

Hey guys just had a simple question couldn't find it in my forms, or in a thread. Do we get any time off after the 3 month BMQ? Or is it just straight from one to the other.

I think it depends on your trade. For me, apparently I go straight to Borden the next day and don't have any time off. I'm on week 9 BMQ. I'm also a supply tech.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, I see. I'm going in on November 6th to BMQ as an infantryman.

Aquila said:
Hey guys just had a simple question couldn't find it in my forms, or in a thread. Do we get any time off after the 3 month BMQ? Or is it just straight from one to the other.

Depends on if you're loaded on a course or not, noone but your staff will know when you finish BMQ and get sent to your next spot. You will fly out the day after your graduation to whatever location your trades training is where you will be on a holding platoon until you get loaded on course.

EpicBeardedMan said:
Depends on if you're loaded on a course or not, noone but your staff will know when you finish BMQ and get sent to your next spot. You will fly out the day after your graduation to whatever location your trades training is where you will be on a holding platoon until you get loaded on course.

if you are put on a holding platoon for a bit what kind of stuff do you do?

sckurtis said:
if you are put on a holding platoon for a bit what kind of stuff do you do?

George Wallace said:
Holding platoon is a armoured term for PAT Platoon.

Personnel Awaiting Training ( PAT ) 
https://army.ca/forums/threads/583.150.html
7 pages.

Back