• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

After BMQ - PAT [Merged]

Michael O'Leary said:
Unlikely. The moment your BMQ ends, they ship you to your new location. Once you are there you can ask about leave possibilities. Keep in mind they are also tracking how much leave each group of students have, so that they have enough leave days available for when they have scheduled you to be on leave.

In short, no-one here can give you a direct answer right now.

Ok, thank you.

MasterInstructor said:
And grad... not worth it again, you will need the extra time and there will be lots of  ceremonies in your career...

This is sound advice.  If you or your loved ones are going to spend large chunks of cash to see a grad parade save it for your trade QL3.  You'll understand when you're through it.

Personally, save the cash and the leave until you can get back home on a longer leave.

Trust No One said:
This is sound advice.  If you or your loved ones are going to spend large chunks of cash to see a grad parade save it for your trade QL3.  You'll understand when you're through it.

Personally, save the cash and the leave until you can get back home on a longer leave.

I agree, I spoke to my Brother (2nd PPCLI)  he gave me similar advice. said to wait till the end of my training and that BMQ/SQ/BIQ grad ain't that big of a deal. Also waiting will help keep me in the mindset of my training.

Thank guys for the Replies, helped alot.

I'm with everyone saying save your money. Like mentioned you graduate Thursday. On Wednesday, we were allowed to see our loved ones for 1 hour (at the Mega, second floor only). And then again from after the parade till 10PM Thursday night (we could leave the Mega from about 6PM on. Crappy and hardly worth the expense. Wait till you leave the Mega, take some well deserved leave and then see loved ones properly. Just my experience and opinion.

I'm a hull tech recruit. Swearing in aug 24 BMQ starting 09/05/11. Reg force. My question is if/when there is down time between BMQ and Naval Environmental Training or between any round of training. Do you get paid? I used the search button and could not find a specific answer to this question.
Thanks

Will I get paid too?
I realized I phrased that question wrong.
Thanks

Kj84 said:
Will I get paid too?
I realized I phrased that question wrong.
Thanks

Jesus wept.

Yes, you will get paid too. I understood what you were asking, i'm not stupid.

From day one of BMQ, you are a salaried "employee" of the government. If there is time between BMQ and your trades training, you are employed in some capacity while you are waiting and thus get paid.

Hahaha
I'm not implying anyone on here would be a smart alek because of a poorly phrased question..(also sarcasm)

Thanks for the replies. (not sarcasm)

Forgive my ignorance but what leave can you get between courses, is it paid vacation or something else. I am starting Bmq aug. 29 th

You file a CF100. It is either approved or denied by your chain of command. You are given a certain amount of annual leave (not sure exactly how much) that you can use depending on your time in. Sometimes you will be allowed to go on leave, sometimes not, depending on many reasons.

All annual leave is paid.

Apparently you get 20 days paid vacation from day one, can somebody clarify if taking leave is separate from these vacation days or is taking leave and paid vacation the same thing.

Devonm123 said:
Apparently you get 20 days paid vacation from day one, can somebody clarify if taking leave is separate from these vacation days or is taking leave and paid vacation the same thing.
20 days annual paid leave.  They're the same thing. 

Neolithium said:
20 days annual paid leave.  They're the same thing.

To make it a LITTLE easier to understand, those 20 days annual leave are on top of statuatory holidays (which sometimes you may not get depending on how training/exercises/operations are going).  You do not have to spend an Annual day for a statuatory holiday or weekend.

Thank you that's the answer I was looking for. Another question, does seniority affect what times of the year lower ranked persons are allowed leave.

Not usually, there are enough lackeys around to cover off your position There is however "Block Leave" Which is the timeframe where everyone is encouraged to take their leave. But all of these questions will be covered in detail during your BMQ lessons. The various types of leave being one of them.

Hurricane said:
There is however "Block Leave"

Not everyone in the CF lives by block leave. There are entire CF units that do not get to shut down because it is summer or because it is Christmas time.

Back