• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Afghan Ops (the Milnet game) Horror Stories

airmich said:
:crybaby: Mission failed  :crybaby:

I would rather have been a whole pile of missions away from goal, it would have made it much easier.  But my streak was at 246!  Booooo.  Oh well, back to playing the game!  (watch out Task  ;) )

I thought this would give me time to get that much further ahead before your tidal wave but...  I failed my mission 3 times again and now I am out of CR :p

I am starting to think 70% means chance to fail lol...sigh

Failed a 98% mission that costs 97 CR (30% of my max CR) that would have leveled me up, twice in a row.

Vern ousted me from my Reputation Command Role.  :crybaby:

Oh No a Canadian said:
Failed a 98% mission that costs 97 CR (30% of my max CR) that would have leveled me up, twice in a row.

I have had that happen a time or two....wait all day to go to the next level and you fizzle instead.

This can go under the category of how stupid I am.  I have 1500 CE to go to rank up.  On top of that I have a HVT to level up again.  Not wanting to do a double level I wait until I get those 1500 CE.  Did I take the safe 95% chance mission or the 63% mission?  Discuss amongst yourselves while I cry in the corner.

Lol, I've been there as well  :salute:

It makes it so much more frustrating failing a mission when you are about to level.

My temporary increase of 180 CR was due to run out this morning at 0715.  I knew this.  I had it all planned out.  I would wake up with full CR.  I would use some to train on equipment and then have enough (plus some just-in-case-of-failure extra) to level and be able to use my bonus once more.

Slept in a bit this morning.  Still no worries.  Except when I got downstairs after my shower, my computer had rebooted during the night.  While I was rebooting everything, I got involved in the kids' morning conversations and any thoughts of AO went completely out the Monday window.  Looked down at my computer only to see the time clicking off of my bonus CR...it was sitting at 12 seconds left.  *sigh*  Amazing how fast your "Missed CR incentive" can climb when it adds 180 in just one second.

And how is your Monday going?  ::)

Just succeeded at a mission... and broke my fail streak at 29. Plus, I'm now at 7/8 failed missions for today, and have no CR left. :(

Mike Bobbitt said:
Just succeeded at a mission... and broke my fail streak at 29. Plus, I'm now at 7/8 failed missions for today, and have no CR left. :(

As soon as I saw the challenge for today with failed missions, I immediately thought of you Mike.  Figured for sure that you would get it!  Hmm, did you ever think you would see the day when you WANT to fail?

airmich said:
Hmm, did you ever think you would see the day when you WANT to fail?

Sometimes you just gotta roll with it. ;) Figures though, that I would fail the challenge to fail 'properly'. ;) All the missions I have enough CR for are 95%, so I think it's not gonna happen.

My horror story is that no matter how hard I try, people that picked Officer class will always win out in the end. 1 extra merit point a level makes a big difference at the higher levels. Sad panda.

PuckChaser said:
My horror story is that no matter how hard I try, people that picked Officer class will always win out in the end. 1 extra merit point a level makes a big difference at the higher levels. Sad panda.

We should have the option to CFR when we get to a certain rank!

airmich said:
We should have the option to CFR when we get to a certain rank!

Or at least make it more attractable to be a NCO. A 3% difference doesn't mean a whole lot if you just dump the 1 extra merit point into SA. If that was a 8% gap, or if NCOs got more out training, it would be a little more even.

Don't forget PC, it's a +10% chance for all missions, and it raises your cap by 3% too... so while Officers may get more points per promotion, NCOs get promoted 10% faster  - at least in theory.

Either way, it seems to be working out OK for you. ;)

"2010-11-27 00:21:08 You missed out on 4294966276 Combat Readiness by not checking in earlier!
2010-11-27 00:21:07 You missed out on 4294966276 Combat Readiness by not checking in earlier!"

Err. This should be in Problems & Bugs..

crooks.a said:
"2010-11-27 00:21:08 You missed out on 4294966276 Combat Readiness by not checking in earlier!
2010-11-27 00:21:07 You missed out on 4294966276 Combat Readiness by not checking in earlier!"

Err. This should be in Problems & Bugs..

No, it pretty much shows my horror when blew past me lol... I remember thinking just before you did that my 200k gap should hold you off a bit then the next day I saw the 200k gap but it was you who was ahead of me lol. Great move, when are you going to use that int?

Until you went to the top I figured the positions were pretty firm within 5 or so positions. Way to shake it up  :salute:

Well, I haven't fixed the problem, but I have set the system to notify me with some details when it occurs again. Thanks for the heads up.

Task said:
No, it pretty much shows my horror when blew past me lol... I remember thinking just before you did that my 200k gap should hold you off a bit then the next day I saw the 200k gap but it was you who was ahead of me lol. Great move, when are you going to use that int?

Until you went to the top I figured the positions were pretty firm within 5 or so positions. Way to shake it up  :salute:
I don't want to use Int if it's going to bump me up extra levels. Right now, with what I have, the extra CR isn't necessary but is it true that you lose out on the merit points/MilPoints with multiple promotions?

crooks.a said:
I don't want to use Int if it's going to bump me up extra levels. Right now, with what I have, the extra CR isn't necessary but is it true that you lose out on the merit points/MilPoints with multiple promotions?

Negative.  You still get the merit points.  You used to not get the milpoints of the levels that you missed, but Mike has fixed that now.

Back