• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

Omicron didn't overwhelm the hospitals, Delta didn't overwhelm the hospitals. Government Policy has lagged since the beginning of this thing. From my position, nothing we are doing at this time makes any sense and the entire Country has become a bunch of hypochondriacs.

Public health measures imposed to limit spread of disease meant that hospitals were not fully overwhelmed. That's not a success measure.

Public health measures imposed to limit spread of disease meant that hospitals were not fully overwhelmed. That's not a success measure.
Did they actually though? That's the real question. The results are apparently inconclusive:

Now people who are pro-lockdown have criticized this study but like everything else it's heavily politicized. We will likely never know the actual effect of any of these measures or if we do, it will be in 50 years when they aren't subject to redactions, etc.

All I can say is having never worked from home, having conducted actual operations during this time, in places where COVID was def the least of my concern, having had dozens of colleagues get COVID and be fine a week later, the actual impact to the CAF is minimal which is why I don't even know why we have actual work restrictions or are even bothering with it anymore? We definitely shouldn't be cancelling courses, training, etc. We definitely shouldn't be shutting down base facilities.

The people that have been working from home are living in a bubble. They don't realize there have been people that have worked throughout this thing and haven't magically died or gotten very ill.

I think it made a lot of sense at the beginning of the pandemic to be cautious, especially when we didn't know enough about the disease, now not so much.

Originally reported at
Per the first thread I posted,

"After a night of blaring horns and fireworks until 4AM, some residents had yelled & pleaded with protesters outside to stop. As the fire was being lit, a tenant walked by and nervously asked who they were. One admitted being part of the convoy protests."

Apparently some security footage and some pretty obvious faces that could be identified. Assuming it is legit the police should be able to find these guys. I really don’t get tapping the doors shut. Or why that apartment.

As mentioned before, some people take advantage of the chaos to push their own crap.

Not seing this in the news cycle. And not seeing if the tweeter contacted police.

There is a (non-verified by Twitter) OPS officer who reached out, moving the conversation to DMs.

There is a (non-verified by Twitter) OPS officer who reached out, moving the conversation to DMs.
I’m not saying it’s fake. But the media has been all over every and all infraction they can get their hands on. I find it odd that this wasn’t picked up given the amount of alleged witnesses. Or why one no would call the police. Although there are some places in center town that likely don’t want police attention in the first place so that might be part of the issue.

I guess we’ll see where this goes.

Apparently some security footage and some pretty obvious faces that could be identified. Assuming it is legit the police should be able to find these guys. I really don’t get tapping the doors shut. Or why that apartment.

As mentioned before, some people take advantage of the chaos to push their own crap.

Not seing this in the news cycle. And not seeing if the tweeter contacted police.
Never let a good crisis go to waste 😎

My personal opinion is a lot of the Police Action or Inaction in this case has to do with budgets and politics.

"Sorry we couldn't do anything, remember last time there was a big protest we were told ACAB and we shouldn't do anything"

As for the media, they aren't really helping using language like insurrection.

Insurrection - a violent uprising against an authority or government.

This is definitely the least violent insurrection in human history LOL.

"But the fireworks and smoke!"

so an average Champions League Soccer Match...

Never let a good crisis go to waste 😎

My personal opinion is a lot of the Police Action or Inaction in this case has to do with budgets and politics.

"Sorry we couldn't do anything, remember last time there was a big protest we were told ACAB and we shouldn't do anything"

As for the media, they aren't really helping using language like insurrection.

Insurrection - a violent uprising against an authority or government.

This is definitely the least violent insurrection in human history LOL.

"But the fireworks and smoke!"

so an average Champions League Soccer Match...

I would agree but last time we had something even remotely the same the police arrested everyone after 3 days.

OPS internal politics may be an issue though. They have huge work culture issues at this time.

I don’t see this as an insurrection by any means. I mean they actually sent a letter asking the GG to remove the PM so I would hardly qualify that as anything other than a fundamental lack of understanding about how our system works.

But it has turned into an occupation and unlawful assembly in my mind.

CBC reporter Judy Trinh is reporting that the fuel depot (mostly diesel and propane) at the east-end pall park parking lot where a command centre of sorts for the protest has been established is being dismantled and carted away by Ottawa police, with support from the fire department.

Taking out their logistical support is smart, eventually you bleed them dry. But by the same token if they run out if fuel, then OPS will have to tow them all out

Last edited:
if they run out if fuel, then OOS will have to tow them all out

Someone more mechanically inclined than I can give the definitive answer, but maybe if you you put the ignition on Run for half a minute ( after adding fuel ) , that will prime the engine. Turn if off, then crank. It may have to be repeated a few times. Probably have to use the primer pump and bleed the air as well.

Not saying that will work. But, I've seen diesels restarted without needing a tow.

But, that was a long time ago. Been a lot of mechanical changes to engines since then.

Back