• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

True. But No nazi flags or racist organisers there either.
Considering that whole movement is racist at its core (the concept of some people having more rights than others based off accident of birth is racist), the organizers of that movement ARE racist.

Meanwhile in Nova Scotia

It is already illegal to block the roads as per 423 of the criminal code (and also illegal to prevent people from going about anything they are legally allowed to do). The police are just not enforcing that portion of the law.

Considering that whole movement is racist at its core (the concept of some people having more rights than others based off accident of birth is racist), the organizers of that movement ARE racist.

It is already illegal to block the roads as per 423 of the criminal code (and also illegal to prevent people from going about anything they are legally allowed to do). The police are just not enforcing that portion of the law.
Then I wonder why they have to enact another law.

As to your first point. Interesting take on what is racist. I’m not sure I understand your argument. Are you saying that minorities (In this case indigenous people) advocating for themselves are racists for doing so? I’ve heard similar arguments from some quarters. This should be interesting.

Then I wonder why they have to enact another law.

As to your first point. Interesting take on what is racist. I’m not sure I understand your argument. Are you saying that minorities (In this case indigenous people) advocating for themselves are racists for doing so? I’ve heard similar arguments from some quarters. This should be interesting.
I have never heard of that law being used, maybe they need to educate the police as to its existence as ignorance of the law isn't a defense only if your a civilian.

Explain to me how advocating for special rights and privileges above and beyond equality, for a specific group of people (especially enshrining them in law) isn't racist. Doesn't matter if it is white, black, native, hispanic, asian, etc.

Equality is something everyone claims to want, but in reality most don't. Most people want special treatment in some form or another.

I have never heard of that law being used, maybe they need to educate the police as to its existence as ignorance of the law isn't a defense only if your a civilian.

Explain to me how advocating for special rights and privileges above and beyond equality, for a specific group of people (especially enshrining them in law) isn't racist. Doesn't matter if it is white, black, native, hispanic, asian, etc.

Equality is something everyone claims to want, but in reality most don't. Most people want special treatment in some form or another.
What exactly goes above equality? A group protests pipelines. Don’t want it on their land and that is racist?

Or are you talking about special programs like say university grants and scholarships?

So based on this story, can we now say everybody for mandates is violent?

Driver charged with hitting convoy protesters named
shade smile GIF by Robert E Blackmon

So based on this story, can we now say everybody for mandates is violent?
I wouldn't untill all the facts are in. Then again, broad brushes are available to anyone who wants to paint with one based on the idiocy of the few ...
Things look pretty good compared to other protests where statues are ripped down, stores vandalized…
Meanwhile, some of the organizers have called a bit of an audio truce ....
Participants in Freedom Convoy 2022 are calling a temporary halt to horn-blowing as their campaign to end COVID restrictions in Canada enters its second week in the nation's capital.

"Out of respect for the Lord's Day, for members of our military who have sacrificed and who continue to sacrifice so much for our freedom, for the men and women in blue who are doing such a superb job protecting us, and as a gesture of goodwill, members of our Convoy will desist from the blowing of Horns tomorrow, Sunday from 9 am to 1 pm Ottawa time." ...
Anyone in Ottawa able to say how well this held this morning?

Doesn’t look mandate related one way or another. Maybe road rage?

But I will not be shocked to see other things take place in the days to come as frustration mounts.

Maybe he was just drunk like a Saskatchewan premier when he got behind the wheel? Name appears to be the same as a Manitoba punk rock musician with a loaded history .

Twitter said it went very poorly.
I've seen that, but Twitter also "said" Morneau & the Commish of the RCMP were related :)
Reports are that it didn’t hold. Horns were still blaring. I doubt the organisers have any real control over that.
If that's the case, certainly puts the leadership in a less-firm position to be able to speak for the mass, no?

I've seen that, but Twitter also "said" Morneau & the Commish of the RCMP were related :)

If that's the case, certainly puts the leadership in a less-firm position to be able to speak for the mass, no?
I’m sure it will come up at Monday’s injunction hearing.

Keep in mind, this Freedom Convoy is a variation of the massive anti vaccine mandates protests that have been doting major European capitals for months. Nobody heard about them in Canada and the US for obvious narrative reasons. There are now European and Australian truck convoys planned, so no matter how many times the media and government calls them racist, it isn't going to stop until the mandates are gone.
I mean why do we even have measures anymore? I was just out downtown, at a brewery, place was packed.

My spouse has continued to work throughout the pandemic, in an essential service so she works with the public on a day to day basis. I have worked the entire pandemic and have only been working from home the past two weeks because I finally got posted to a non-frontline unit.

Omicron didn't overwhelm the hospitals, Delta didn't overwhelm the hospitals. Government Policy has lagged since the beginning of this thing. From my position, nothing we are doing at this time makes any sense and the entire Country has become a bunch of hypochondriacs.

I for one hope the Freedom Convoy results in the end of the endless Security Theatre we are trapped in.

I mean why do we even have measures anymore? I was just out downtown, at a brewery, place was packed.

My spouse has continued to work throughout the pandemic, in an essential service so she works with the public on a day to day basis. I have worked the entire pandemic and have only been working from home the past two weeks because I finally got posted to a non-frontline unit.

Omicron didn't overwhelm the hospitals, Delta didn't overwhelm the hospitals. Government Policy has lagged since the beginning of this thing. From my position, nothing we are doing at this time makes any sense and the entire Country has become a bunch of hypochondriacs.

I for one hope the Freedom Convoy results in the end of the endless Security Theatre we are trapped in.
Reduction of measures was already started. Moving to living with this is starting.

Back