• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Liberal Minority Government 2019 - ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she is such a dummy, ridiculed everywhere, she has become a liability, thus told not to run. Additionally, who ever takes over the portfolio can now say Catherine who when and if the missing Billions are ever investigated.
To be honest I think she really is not interested in politics anymore. She does have a young kids and I can't think of another politician who has been subjected to so much misogynistic attitude and insults. She had her office vandalised and has been labelled "Climate Barbie". Classy. And this thread shows that some here are just as bad. It took less than a day to include a Hitler reference. Lovely.

We can disagree with her politics. Basically her party politics btw. Which is fine. But is it a wonder she is stepping away?

And I doubt she's being forced out. She's a guaranteed Liberal seat. She would have won easily.

She's losing out on a pension as well. I give her kudos at least for not running and then quitting right after in order to secure a pension. Which lends credence to her wanting to leave as opposed to being forced out.

You seem to be assuming that this election will be set before the 6-year mark…

I do. If it does not happen this summer it will likely be in the fall. The LPC are a lot of things but I have no doubt that they will engineer an election by then. Anything else wouldn't make sense.

I do. If it does not happen this summer it will likely be in the fall. The LPC are a lot of things but I have no doubt that they will engineer an election by then. Anything else wouldn't make sense.
Unless something pops up beyond the vaccination all done point…

It makes sense when you consider a fall election, declared over the summer break, lets them avoid dealing with two uncomfortable situations (the MND and the Minister of Indigenous affairs). They go into it declaring victory in the fight against COVID (by then we will likely be the most vaccinated country in the world) while facing an official opposition that has not done much to demonstrate it is a good government in waiting with a leader that isn't very recognizable.

I think we are moving farther away from a Liberal triggered election call now that COVID is slipping into the rearview mirror. The PM has his coalition-lite majority, so why risk losing that at the polls? He also wants to get Bills C-10 and C-35 passed to strengthen his info ops campaign before going to the polls. Once the writ drops, either by design or by a vote of no confidence, all government bills die.

I think we are moving farther away from a Liberal triggered election call now that COVID is slipping into the rearview mirror. The PM has his coalition-lite majority, so why risk losing that at the polls? He also wants to get Bills C-10 and C-35 passed to strengthen his info ops campaign before going to the polls. Once the writ drops, either by design or by a vote of no confidence, all government bills die.
It wouln't be hard to make those election issues.

I think the LPC is in for rougher waters if they wait. As I mentioned, they go in on a high. Avoid any uncomfortable issues that could pop up, wipe the slate clean. I doubt they risk losing or see it that way.

Do you really think that silver spoon Trudeau gives a frick about Liberal peons (MP,s) getting a pension or not? They are for his use.

Writ being dropped means that no less than 36 days and no later than 50 days after, an election must be held. So, 2015 election was held on Oct 19. Let's count back to see when pensions mean anything.

Whir/buzz/click.

So anytime after 31 Aug gives incumbents elected in 2015 enough time to qualify for a pension. Since there were a significant amount of new MP's elected, I'm betting September that the writ gets dropped, barring anything catastrophic.

In all fairness, it was an astute comparison of two quotes they each made which are very similar in context.

$93B unaccounted for dollars?
It's only $93,000,000,000. Not a problem. :rolleyes:

Do you really think that silver spoon Trudeau gives a frick about Liberal peons (MP,s) getting a pension or not? They are for his use.
He cares about the riding constituencies, which are fiefdoms amongst themselves, and he has to have their support. The Liberal brand is not homogeneous in approach, other than the assumption of power.

Look at what the Chretien/Martin internal schism did to the party 20 years ago

I don’t think he or the party brass does if it means an election win. Which supports my point about a fall election.

She's sorry, she learned her lesson. Time to move on. What the fuck.

What more can he possibly do?

That was his post-grope line as well.

He cannot hold anybody to a higher standard than he held himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back