• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Your Beer Brand of Choice

This just in:  Kokanee Gold now available in cans in Alberta!  The beer gods are truly smiling.

Kat Stevens said:
This just in:  Kokanee Gold now available in cans in Alberta!  The beer gods are truly smiling.

You keep hittin on the "lucky lucky" for beers lately.

Sam is here but no K Gold. Few weeks till Stampede though!

IN CANS!!  This is right up there with chatting with a burning bush on a mountain... KG IN CANS!!

Kat Stevens said:
IN CANS!!  This is right up there with chatting with a burning bush on a mountain... KG IN CANS!!

That has too many different meanings to me haha. But its great fing you can take it anywhere..,,Im flying home with some in everyones luggage.Cant get it here in Ontario.

SuzenM said:
Lucky is good, and it's cheap.  it tastes fine to me, not sure what it is similar to, but I drink Blue Light other times, and can't tell the diff.
Lucky is fine by me...

What, are you from Vancouver Island or something?  Ladysmith?  Nanaimo?  Duncan?  ;D

When I visit the Island, I like to get my hands on Phillips India Pale Ale.

I always liked BEER brand beer in the brown cardboard box with BEER stenciled on the box and cans. That was a good cheap beer in Victoria.

In Canada: Keith's or Blue Star

In Australia:  Tooey's Old  or Victoria Bitter

Moosehead Premium Dry if I want to feel it, Rickard's White if I want to taste it, and Alpine as a substitute for water  ;D

Sapplicant said:
Moosehead Premium Dry if I want to feel it, Rickard's White if I want to taste it, and Alpine as a substitute for water  ;D

You filthy person.....
You sir, have sullied the very idea of beer.....you brand trader, you. 8)

/silliness

Your choice of ammo is.....thought out...and effective.
Except for "the white"...

Man...best drink that brew right on the toilet....you'll pass through a screen door without touching a wire.....
(best paired with a Wopper, and an order of Gravol...)

Cheers to you

P.S.: as an Albertan...Alpine really is terrible.....

Hammer Sandwich said:
Except for "the white"...

Man...best drink that brew right on the toilet....you'll pass through a screen door without touching a wire.....
(best paired with a Wopper, and an order of Gravol...)

My intestines are a lot like an infantry unit. They encounter some resistance at first, but once they get their bearings, they learn quickly to adapt and overcome. Haven't had that problem now in over 2 years.

I love alpine cause it is brewed in the city I grew up in my whole life. I guess I could love moosehead to but I have never tried it..Just alpine for me from good old saint john new brunswick...lol

Danjanou said:
Presidente, nector of the Gods. 8)

Yes, so true! I first had it when I went to the Domincian a while back, and now I can't get enough of it.

Alexander Keith's IPA, and Molson Canadian top my list.
Kokanee is an honourable mention, but the NSLC decided it would be fun to quit carrying it.
Broken Kayak holds a special spot in my heart because with the purchase of 12 bottles, you were given a free umbrella... and it was raining, so I bought it.

Beers I will never touch again (unless I lose a bet):

-Pumphouse;  This literally tasted like an ashtray beer.
-Propeller Extra Special Brew;  I only bought it on account of it having the words "Extra Special" in the name, and it tasted like dandilion beer.
-Alexander Keith's Dark

Edit: Spelling

Being down to my last six, anything my daughter can bring back from the States right now. The joys of living on the border. ;)

Back