• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

You know you were raised in the late 80's early 90's when...

I have a Nintendo, Super Nintendo, and Sega emulator for my computer. Got it off some Russian guy while i was in Europe.

Got a couple hundred of the old games, but only half of them seem to work LOL. Talk about wasting away a saturday afternoon.

My favorite is and always will be Castlevania (sp?). I was the only kid on my block who could kill the Grim Reaper (second last boss) but I never did kill Dracula at the end.

This thread is just reminding me that i am fast approaching 30 :(

I used to have so many games for my old NES, but I can't for the life of me remember most of them. 

And speaking of feeling old, about 2 hours ago while I was doing some work in the library here a first year girl said "excuse me, sir" when trying to get my attention.  Holy christ did *that* make me feel old, and i'm only 23!

up down up down left right left right B A B A select start

You of course mean "UP-UP-DOWN-DOWN-LEFT-RIGHT-LEFT-RIGHT-B-A-SELECT-START"  ;D

Kilo Mike said:
You of course mean "UP-UP-DOWN-DOWN-LEFT-RIGHT-LEFT-RIGHT-B-A-SELECT-START"   ;D

Hmmm... i thought what he put was right... I seem to recall doing B-A twice...

Still... what was the reasoning that only the guy who lost the fight in Blades of Steel thrown in the box?  Was it to give you the man advantage as a treat for winning?  Must be... I remember a flea market a couple of years ago in Minto Armouries - before 9/11 ended such things - a guy was selling an NES and literally hundreds of games.  He was charging only $5 for the system, but $20/game (i think)...

I would have bought it, except for the game prices... still kinda wish I had.  Coulda found Blades of Steel for cheaper somewhere...

Oh, anyone remember that video game/TV show, you had spacecraft shaped light guns, and the spacecraft on the show had specially lighted areas that the gun could target and hit?  What was it called? 

tlm said:
Hmmm... i thought what he put was right... I seem to recall doing B-A twice...

Oh, anyone remember that video game/TV show, you had spacecraft shaped light guns, and the spacecraft on the show had specially lighted areas that the gun could target and hit?  What was it called? 

It is Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start.

Yeah, I remember that show. Weren't the people they fought in it robots? I can't remember the name.

Woohoo! I was the only kid in the Nintendo Generation to never have a nintendo, or any other gaming system like that..

I never had a Nintendo...kinda bugged me later on when i saw people using their 4 Nintento systems as a table for their super Nintendo. My brother and I woke up on Christmas '89 to find an Atari 8700...it was cool, but it wasn't a Nintendo (even though it was newer and better, we were like...what the eff is Atari?). So yeah.

Woohoo! I was the only kid in the Nintendo Generation to never have a nintendo, or any other gaming system like that..

I not only never owned a gaming system but my parents never let me own any toy guns, excepting super soakers  :D  and look what happened....

I never owned any type of game system either... but we had a compy (you know, more educational - like how to download quality nudie pics from a BBS with only 8.3 format filenames - that is, until a friend of mine sold me his Xbox for cheap...

atticus said:

I don't remember which one it was, I always had to try 3-4 times to get the trick done!!!  but 30 lives is worth the 5 minutes trying!!!

Trying is one of the best game ever!!!

Frank

I'm all about the original Nintendo....complete with the super-sharp cornered controllers....still have one but it takes a lot of TLC to get to playing Mario or duckhunt, (over the ages it takes more and more blowing into the system....funny how that always seemed to work.) 

For me, growing-up revolved around one thing: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles....I still have them all, buried away somewhere back home, safe (hopefully) from the dumpster.  It's funny though, now I'm buying them for my nephew...(that's what I tell the people at Toys R Us anyways ;) ).  Seriously, this stuff is all coming back.  Goodtimes--I was just starting to feel old. 

atticus said:

Yeah, I remember that show. Weren't the people they fought in it robots? I can't remember the name.

Er, up up down down left right left right b a select start.  I just tried it.  :D  God Bless Contra.

T

Thats odd...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/nes/code/563399.html

Big Foot said:
I can't believe no one has brought up Rocky and Bullwinkle. You simply can't beat Boris, Natasha, Mr. Peabody, Dudley Do-right, the list goes on. Great show, done much injustice by that movie that was put out a few years back.

Or Roger Ramjet. but that was way before the 80's.  :-\

Big Foot said:
I can't believe no one has brought up Rocky and Bullwinkle. You simply can't beat Boris, Natasha, Mr. Peabody, Dudley Do-right, the list goes on. Great show, done much injustice by that movie that was put out a few years back.

I still have nightmares from those guys. Seriously I found Rocky and Bullwinkle to be the scariest freaking cartoon I seen when I was little.

Torlyn said:
Er, up up down down left right left right b a select start.   I just tried it.   :D   God Bless Contra.

T

THAT'S it... man I can't believe I got that wrong. Ungh. I'm going to go immerse my eye in steaming hot coffee for that one.

atticus said:
Thats odd...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/nes/code/563399.html

Spooky...  I emailed them, `cause I know the select is in there...  ???  It also gave me full weapons..  (Well, that three way weapon, anyway...)  Remember when Nintendo released the Nintendo MAX?  8 way control pad?  What advances in technology!!  ;)

T

http://www.milkandcookies.com/links/28721/ 

Now if you recgonize these songs then you know you grew up on Nintedo, Game Boy and SNES

Back