• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

You know you were raised in the late 80's early 90's when...

Sheerin said:
http://www.milkandcookies.com/links/28721/  

Now if you recgonize these songs then you know you grew up on Nintedo, Game Boy and SNES

The Tetris bit made me laugh.

See, now NATO Boy posted a list I can actually identify with. The other ones were sketchy, but NATO Boy'd list hits home for me.

heh.. pogs.

That's cause lots of you are way too young & probably weren't even a twinkle in mommy & daddy's eye.....ah, 80-90s were the good ole days!!

By the way, it was Voltron.....the cats formed into the robot thing.  ;D

How about Commodore 64 with a tape drive?  My friend had one... personally I learned to program the Apple IIe instead.

Ewoks and Droids cartoons on Saturday mornings.

Transformers "more than meets the eye!"

Gimp bracelets and friendship pins.

Scratch 'n' sniff stickers.

Adidas shoes and shorts.

My Little Pony (funny how they're bringing those and Cabbage Patch dolls back again)

Sweatshirts that you wore with a shoulder sticking out.

BIG dangly hoop earrings.

Moonwalk and breakdancing!  Man it's a wonder we didn't dislocate all the joints in our bodies.......

Synthesized electronic music.

"Grody!" "Rad!" "Tubular!"

Playing Uno! on a warm summer's night.

E.T. phone home.

Computers that you shut down just by turning the power switch off.

"Fiber Optic" lamps and flashlights.

Laser Tag (the home version - you wore this silver vest and or helmet and shot at each other with "laser" pistols which used an infrared beam to activate each other, kind of like MILES gear)

Holograms!

Puffy futuristic boots.

Shoulder pads in EVERYTHING. (shirts, sweatshirts, etc)

Hair Spray.

Ring Pops and Pop Tarts.

Jelly shoes. Does anyone remeber them, they were awesome but they always gave nasty blisters hehe >:D

Anyone remember those fluo-colored t-shirt that changed color when heated??  THAT was a good idea.......NOT!!!  ;D

Frank the Tank said:
Anyone remember those fluo-colored t-shirt that changed color when heated??  THAT was a good idea.......NOT!!!  ;D

No, but I remember Hot Wheels Fluo-coloured toy cars that changed color when run under hot or cold water...

yes, i remember those shirts...you can still get them!!!  lol i want one...just for old times sake!!

.canadas.finest. said:
yes, i remember those shirts...you can still get them!!!    lol i want one...just for old times sake!!

WHAT????  I need one!!!  my girlfriend never saw those shirts!!!  and I actually never worn one!!!  :-[

Where can I get one??  Does someone know?

Frank

There are several on Ebay, here one:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=28022&item=8302947171&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

"32. You thought She-ra (Princess of Power!) and He-Man should hook up."

That would be disturbing considering they were brother and sister.

Bulls and Raiders people with Jacket , Shirt, Hat n Crosscolour pants (Run DMC Ice T NWA BeastieBoys) Adidas Shells Converse weapons, Air Jordans

122272.jpg

Converse26gwppz.jpg

WM-1.jpg

vintage_frogskins.jpg

pk-ripper.gif

burton_performer1_top.jpg

I was born in 85 and i know most off both lists, heres some of my own.

I miss pogs, mine got stolen.
Pokemon (i hated that game)
There was no zero tolerance policy at school. (a push was a push and you got in a little trouble, not an assult charge.)
no call waiting (early 90's)
no online piracy programs (until late 90's that I'm aware of)
climbing trees and building forts was cool, so were snow ball fights.
"All day i dream about sex" (Adidas)
Tupac and Biggie die. (i was 11 in 96, but i still listened to both of them alot.)

5 words
Big League Chew bubble gum

Edit: the Blue Jays were still cool and the Raptors were just starting.

Born in 88. O wonderful youth. Back when YTV was cool - the Alley, cartoons that would later be rehashed and disembowled by japanese folks who have better things to do, and re-merchandised by executives who have the same amount of imagination as the walls which contain them. Those simple days, before the internet, when Pee Wee Herman was a celebrity for the right reasons. Before the proliferation of bad music. Before the proliferation of the reality of the world we face. When everything could be taken lightly, without some kissass PC douchebag whining, and without any Pirates from Utah to kick them in the throat. The days when punk was punk, not fashion class, when pop was writen by performers; when cartoons were drawn; when all the bad stuff was "over there". When I managed to go through life without any memory of the Quebec Referendum, without knowing of the fall of the Soviet Union, without being aware - those were the days.

You know you are old when:

You take the family van to the Island to pack your crap into to move back to PEI Gagetown instead of the car ... and find a CD of your daughter's that she has titled "Oldies"

Only to throw it in the CD player to find the first song is

Marcy Playground Sex & Candy followed by
Matchbox 20 Push then
Smashmouth Allstar ...

but then bust a gut laughing at the 4th song:

Pearl Jam The Last Kiss

thinking if only she heard the original CC Riders version ... she could then have validated an "Oldies" label on her CD.

Now, I'm going to admit that it just took twenty minutes for me to type up this post because I was beebopping around the friggin' livingroom dancing to all the videos as I pulled them up to link in.

Man, I am getting old.

Edited to change PEI to Gagetown ... frig, I do have oldsheimers.  :-[

My daughter took all my 70s and 80s CDs of Zep, Floyd and BOC.  Glommed onto them for about 3 years and now complain about how old and simple they are.  Death Metal is the new 'in' until next week.

You know yo were raised in the 80-90's when you get every Robot Chicken and Family guy joke going.

OK I have to admit. I don't know what the hell it was. Maybe the paint fumes from re doing my sitting room or what ever.
I went down to pick up my 15 year old at school.  Theres a Timmie's right next to it so I like most parents park there get a double double and wait. 
I am getting a whiff of some fresh air, Drinking a coffee and chilling to some oldies. (Cat Scratch Fever, Dr. Love,) I was really chillin to the tunes. School lets out. And I get caught up in the moment Suddenly its 1985 again.
The door opens up suddenly and I hear a "hi daddy"
The tunes go off I switch to a country music and I feel dirty and ashamed.

My daughters Boyfriend really likes the oldies too. He was really impressed with my GNR collection and some of my Old Vinyl Records.

Back