• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

You know you are past your expiriy date...

You know you are past your expiriy date when you served in an Infantry Bn Mortar Platoon  :-[

Danjanou said:
You know you are past your expiriy date when you served in an Infantry Bn Mortar Platoon  :-[

Or a Pioneer or Anti-Armour Pl :'(

Or you can remember when Combat Engineers did other Combat Engineering stuff than EOD.  Mundane, low speed stuff like bridging, rafting, watermanship, etc.

Kat Stevens said:
Or you can remember when Combat Engineers did other Combat Engineering stuff than EOD.  Mundane, low speed stuff like bridging, rafting, watermanship, etc.

Water Supply, road ways.....  ;D

I remember when the Bn Tpt O was known as the MTO and the vehicle compound was the MT Compound.

Not too long before that, but not even Old Sweat was serving then, many units had two kinds of transport: animal and motor, and some units had more of the former than the latter. It was not until after about 1970 that someone finally amended CAMT 1-36, Staff Duties in the Field to remove the abbreviation for Principle Animal Transport Officer (PATO).

George Wallace said:
When you know what a Bailey Panel is.

Does that make me past my expiry date eventhough it was out of the system before I got in?

E.R. Campbell said:
It was not until after about 1970 that someone finally amended CAMT 1-36, Staff Duties in the Field to remove the abbreviation for Principle Animal Transport Officer (PATO).

As I remember it my Basic Mortar Course in 1980 still listed a mule for carrying the ammunition in the dismounted/man packed role. ::)

And in1973 I did an attachment to the Italian First Mountain Artillery Regiment for its annual practice camp in the Alps in Northwestern Italy. Except for one of the batteries which was assigned to the AMF(L), the rest of the unit was pack artillery, with mule transport for the guns, command posts, ammunition and echelon.

But then, I also remember when infantry battalions also had a machine gun platoon in support company.

Danjanou said:
As I remember it my Basic Mortar Course in 1980 still listed a mule for carrying the ammunition in the dismounted/man packed role. ::)

The more things change...

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2008/12/12/kandahar-donkey.html

Actually, this time it proved to be a terrible failure though.  Well-meaning to take the weight off soldiers' backs, apparently they are not easy to actually house and take care of when not on operations.

You know how to 'off tune' the 510 set for better reception and
'Centurian' was a tank, not just a rank.

When you hear one private yelling at another private.
"go F@#$ your mother"
And you think to yourself "yeah I probably have"

mover1 said:
"go F@#$ your mother"

Not quite sure how this one is coming across. You mean, "yeah, I've said that" or as you wrote it?

recceguy said:
Not quite sure how this one is coming across. You mean, "yeah, I've said that" or as you wrote it?

does it matter, same result either way.... ;D

Just in time for Mother's Day.  :)

mover1 said:
"go F@#$ your mother"

Why does that one NOT surprise me....and you owe me and new monitor...this one has coffee stains!!      8)  8) :blotto:

Tell the following joke:

"What do you call a dog with three feet?

Answer: A yard dog!"

And everyone just gives you a look that says: "What's a yard?"

Back