• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

You know you are past your expiriy date...

A strip club - in BRANDON??? (my home town). The church ladies in their pink pantsuits must have been incensed!! Tell me where it was!! Some of the Germans hung out at the ANAF in Brandon. My Dad, President at the time,fought those who would oppose inviting them to join.

A friend gave me this one this morning - you're really past your prime if you know the next words to this "You can get anything you want at . . . ."

I can go one better on beer prices. I remember Nicklers - draft for $.05 - upstairs in Club 44 Fridays.

Cheers -
Hawk

Hawk said:
A strip club - in BRANDON??? (my home town). The church ladies in their pink pantsuits must have been incensed!! Tell me where it was!!

The Keystone Motor Inn on 18th Street.  \

Does the Chestnut Club near UNB ring a bell, it is now closed.

As for Lahr I am not talking about the King's Club.  This one was disco long after disco stopped being cool.  Does Glory's ring a bell - you could see the sign from the highway just behind Tiff's.

As for Brandon ;D  http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/1999/02/15/sex_brandon990215.html
Sassy's at 156 9th Street, R7A 4A5 Brandon, MB  Still open I believe.  The Keystone makes two.

Anyone remember the ballet clubs near the Base in Lahr?

Simian Turner said:

At the beginning of last decade when I was on phase training, it was consistently be closed for 6 months due to being busted for underaged drinking, then open for a week and they would get caught again and repeat the cycle.

Petamocto said:
At the beginning of last decade when I was on phase training, it was consistently be closed for 6 months due to being busted for underaged drinking, then open for a week and they would get caught again and repeat the cycle.

That was a tradition in the mid-1980s as well.  It is/was hard when U/NB allows/ed people go to university after grade 11.

BernDawg - the 30 year old with us this morning just looked dumbfounded, not only when I could complete that, but we sang a bit of it for him!

2 strip clubs in Brandon - I'm impressed! It was such a dull place to grow up! Times change!!

Hawk

Jungle said:
... you had lunch at Ma McKenzie's... WITH Ma McKenzie's !!!

Mom used to tell me, "Never eat at a place called 'Moms'."

Simian Turner said:

As for Lahr I am not talking about the King's Club.  This one was disco long after disco stopped being cool.  Does Glory's ring a bell - you could see the sign from the highway just behind Tiff's.

The Chestnut Club was an Irish pub before it expanded into a club.  Before that it was The Canoe Factory, and before that it was a Canoe factory making one of the worlds best canoes. 

Your "Glory's" has gone through more name changes than years it was in existence.  At one time it was Disco 77, where you could get a descent steak if you didn't want to dance.

Next to Troccaderos was Rosie's.

George Wallace said:
Your "Glory's" has gone through more name changes than years it was in existence.  At one time it was Disco 77, where you could get a descent steak if you didn't want to dance.

I won't even ask what you could get if you wanted to dance.  ;D

Old Sweat said:
I won't even ask what you could get if you wanted to dance.  ;D

I think I remember a few couples sneeking out a door to the rear of the club as the evening progressed.

You know you're past your prime when you are accepted into the legion more often than the mess.  ;D

How about the gold painted seashells and fishy smell of (Mama) Camille's?

Pusser said:
How about the gold painted seashells and fishy smell of (Mama) Camille's?

Ooooooooh, I could go for a two-piece right now....<drool>

BYT Driver said:
You remember where Ma Mackenzie's is/was...

is that  the place that  was on highway  41 north of highway  7?
the walls were covered with slip ons?
i use to eat there as a kid .
now gone

There were a few around Halifax, but he classic one of which I speak was located under the foot of the old bridge on the Halifax side.  It was just outside the dockyard gate and "Mama" made sure that more than one drunken sailor made it home safe.  She actually got a commendation for it!

Pusser said:
There were a few around Halifax, but he classic one of which I speak was located under the foot of the old bridge on the Halifax side.  It was just outside the dockyard gate and "Mama" made sure that more than one drunken sailor made it home safe.  She actually got a commendation for it!

Yes, I remember it well.  The other "Camille's" franchises were horrible, but I always remember getting a good feed before going back to the boat after a good run downtown!

George Wallace said:
The Chestnut Club was an Irish pub before it expanded into a club.  Before that it was The Canoe Factory, and before that it was a Canoe factory making one of the worlds best canoes. 

Next to Troccaderos was Rosie's.

Next to Rosie's was also the strip club Cherries.  The Madame, I mean manager, was Simone. ;)

Back