• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Yet another version of the Recruiting Web Site

drfhoule

Inactive
Reaction score
Canadian Forces Recruiting Group Multimedia Services has been asked to develop yet another version of the Recruiting Web site in order to match the "look and feel" of the new movie theatre and television advertising video - it's a question of branding. No changes will be made to the contents and navigation of the site. The new version is expected to be launched on Monday Oct 9 at noon, Montreal time.  http://www.forces.ca

We value your comments, so please take a look at the present Web site and fill out the survey if you have not already done so, and then, wait until Monday afternoon or later to empty your browser cache and take a look at the new version before filling out the survey again.  Of course, you can also express your opinion here.

The more people respond, the more significant the results of the survey.

Thank you for your usual co-operation in making recruiting more effective.

F. Houle, Manager, Communications and Quality Control, CFRG Multimedia Services

Mr Houle - is there going to be a "non-fancy" version; I tried accessing the site from a DND computer without the required player and found that I was quite limited in what I could do on the site.  Maybe I just didn't click the right buttons?

In my opinion, this is a real straight up advertisement. People have so many things to deal with, we need to talk straight up and down.

An html version is in the works and should be available in a few weeks. Anybody accessing the site through DWAN has obviously already been recruited and is not part of our target audience  ;)  However, we know that people who do not have access to high-speed internet would also appreciate faster-loading html pages.

drfhoule said:
An html version is in the works and should be available in a few weeks. Anybody accessing the site through DWAN has obviously already been recruited and is not part of our target audience ;)  However, we know that people who do not have access to high-speed internet would also appreciate faster-loading html pages.

Perhaps, but they are undoubtedly (directly or indirectly) part of your information campaign.

drfhoule said:
An html version is in the works and should be available in a few weeks. Anybody accessing the site through DWAN has obviously already been recruited and is not part of our target audience  ;)  However, we know that people who do not have access to high-speed internet would also appreciate faster-loading html pages.

But we are/can be messengers, thus should know about the latest efforts...

G2G

Yes, and everyone in the Canadian Forces is now a recruiter as Col Cotten and Gen Hillier have been saying, and you should be aware of what the potential recruit can see on the Recruiting Web site - but not on DWAN it seems. So please find an Internet station and find out what we are offering and provide us with feedback. Thanks to all.

I was looking through the site and I was impressed, though while browing though the combat engineers information section laying minefields was listed as part of the job description.

http://www.forces.ca/v3/engraph/jobs/jobs.aspx?id=043&html=False&bhcp=1

Is the army regaining this capability?

EDIT: spelling

Well, it doesn't come through the BC MO Health computers, either.  So much for reaching my target audience.  

But, on  positive note, if there're 90,000 new recruiters, I can hang up my green suit.  ;)

Ender Wiggin, the engineers never lost the capability, the CF just stopped using anti-pers mines.

AP = Banned

AT = Fine

drfhoule said:
Yes, and everyone in the Canadian Forces is now a recruiter as Col Cotten and Gen Hillier have been saying, and you should be aware of what the potential recruit can see on the Recruiting Web site - but not on DWAN it seems. So please find an Internet station and find out what we are offering and provide us with feedback. Thanks to all.

Well Mr. Houle, you have finely encapsulated everything that is wrong with our IT support  ..... "We want your opinions, but not if it contradicts what we've already decided to do."

Doesn't work [very well] with the Ontario Govt. computers either,.............I guess those kids looking for employment at "jobstarts, employment kiosks, etc" need not apply?

Substance over style, please.........

Some of the trades videos are over 15 years old- for example the artillery air defence video.

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Doesn't work [very well] with the Ontario Govt. computers either,.............I guess those kids looking for employment at "jobstarts, employment kiosks, etc" need not apply?

You bring up an important point about employment kiosks. Would you be kind enough to expand on what you mean by "doesn't work very well'? Is it Flash items not showing, movies not loading or loading too slowly, or the "apply online" link not working...?  Thank you.

HTML VERSION IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS?

Has he any idea at all of how much of this country does not have High Speed Internet? Is this Toronto/Ottawa centric?

Typical IT S*%t...."it works for me, I can't help it if you and your equipment are inferior".

If you are going to a national audience..then your sites MUST be backward compatible...not everyone can afford all the bells and whistles!
A simple script will detect whether the targeted computer is flash capable and default to the lowest common denominator.

Amateur hour.

Plus ça change … etc.  Makes me feel like I’m still serving.

Come on guys - stick to constructive feedback. This is a trial version, not yet the real deal.

Madame Houle,

I love the look and feel ... I looked at the Pilot page (my trade) and I think that people will be rather confused by the "Blackhawk Training," which has nothing to do with Pilots ... there was an article (also in Maple Leaf?) some time ago about Canadian pilots training on C17s that I think would be a far more appropriate example ... really looks slick, though.

Regards,
Tim

Ms. Houle.....%$#@*.....sorry I had a 6 point constructive post all keyed up with more to follow but i lost it when I clicked on the most annoying point I had. Everytime I tried to "go" anywhere that confounded "do you want to download and install flash player 9, etc." popped up and this time when I clicked on it to get the exact wording the window that opened was the one I was using for my post.  

Will try and repost my thoughts later....however quickly the second most important thing was no video. If I was a newbie and clicked on the cool guy with the gun, I heard lots of neat boom-booms but no visual for it.....

le_coq_rapide said:
Madame Houle,

I love the look and feel ... I looked at the Pilot page (my trade) and I think that people will be rather confused by the "Blackhawk Training," which has nothing to do with Pilots ... there was an article (also in Maple Leaf?) some time ago about Canadian pilots training on C17s that I think would be a far more appropriate example ... really looks slick, though.

Thank you, I just removed reference to the Blackhawk. Unfortunately the Maple Leaf site has been down for some time now but I will endeavour to find the article on C17 as soon as possible.

Back