• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

X-Files: Appeared 25 years ago today

They really don't make TV shows like they used to...

I personally think TV died after the 90's.  Shows like the X-Files, Star Trek TNG, Star Trek Voyager, Fresh Price, Home Improvement, That 70's Show, etc etc - were all fantastic.

Now?  It's all reality TV, and horrible at that...fighting over abandoned storage units?  really?  The "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills"...really?  How many 'real' housewives are married to millionaires & spend their entire time on yachts & fancy parties?

X-Files was way ahead of it's time.  In so many ways.  :Tin-Foil-Hat:  :radar:

Upon getting my security clearance, I was very disappointed to find out that I wouldn't be learning the truth to the alien conspiracy...

:(

Spectrum said:
Upon getting my security clearance, I was very disappointed to find out that I wouldn't be learning the truth to the alien conspiracy...

JackNicholson-409x218.jpg

Spectrum said:

The truth is out there.

Maybe. Maybe not.

I remember reading "TV Guide" and their assessment that the premise of "The X-Files" was "silly".  Just for fun, I watched the first episode to see how silly it really was.  Within five minutes I was hooked.

And I developed a tremendous crush on Scully.  :nod:

Hamish Seggie said:
The truth is out there.

Maybe. Maybe not.
Now that some people believe that "truth isn't truth," apparently not.

(Although Gillian Anderson is still hot  :nod: )

The truth is that the UFO's were actually Nightsun searchlights rented from our Hovercraft base hung on a crane :)

Journeyman said:

You are correct sir!!!!

Journeyman said:

Hamish Seggie said:
You are correct sir!!!!

About which part?

Back