• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Winter BMQ

I know that I am happier for a winter BMOQ than doing it during the summer.  I did have one small correction though.  There are NO penguins at the north pole.  They are only in the southern hemisphere and very few of the worlds penguin species live in the extreme south.  Most actually live in warm areas (i.e. South Africa, Australia, New Zealand)

Lol, the penguin comment was a joke :p  Penguins are slow unless in the water anyways and I was referring to the ones that live in Antarctica and make that long journey. Or whichever penguins they showed in that movie about the penguins long journey journey, part of which included the males waddling along with their baby penguins and huddling up in the thousands for warmth - it was a documentary I watched a few years back. 

P.s. Only the cool penguins rip around in the winter time :p

Vimy_gunner said:
Lol, the penguin comment was a joke :p  Penguins are slow unless in the water anyways and I was referring to the ones that live in Antarctica and make that long journey. Or whichever penguins they showed in that movie about the penguins long journey journey, part of which included the males waddling along with their baby penguins and huddling up in the thousands for warmth - it was a documentary I watched a few years back. 

P.s. Only the cool penguins rip around in the winter time :p
I believe the show you're refferring to is BBC's EARTH and the penguins are "Emperor" Penguins

I think it was run by a different company than BBC, but yeah Emperor penguins is what I was referring to. Cheers!

...March of the Penguins...

Id like to play Jeopardy or Trivial Pursuit for cash against you guys.

BMQ  jan-april 2011 in Borden.

I'm going arty .. so i know training in the cold is a must! at some point or another if you haven't trained out in the snow and your combat arms what are you doing? , learning to fight in other country's but wouldn't be effective in the least bit in your own weather conditions?, i hope its a new record of cold in Canada .. i hope some of us get frost biting its the army if your not suffering your not doing something right. so enough of the nonsense WE ARE CANADIAN.

My name is Doug Peterson and let me be the first to say BMQ winter Borden Ontario January 10Th HEEEERE I COOOMEEE!!!!

dhp_902 said:
could you possibly explain how my BMQ that I leave for on Jan 8Th 2011 started the 26Th of July 2010?

ha ha or are you simply just referring to the made topic of us going to Borden at that date? which i think is your aim correct me if i am wrong tho please hah

Yes, I was talking about the topic itself. 

dhp_902 said:
could you possibly explain how my BMQ that I leave for on Jan 8Th 2011 started the 26Th of July 2010?

ha ha or are you simply just referring to the made topic of us going to Borden at that date? which i think is your aim correct me if i am wrong tho please hah

Do you speak English?

- I will be arriving in St. Jean on the 28 of January and begin training on the 29. I'm looking for input on the winter aspect of this BMQ. I understand the field exercise will be in arctic tents opposed to hoochies and there will be, snow, on the ground; but how does the over all training differ? Will we be running outside, will we be doing drill classes inside a hanger instead of outside, and just little specific things like that. Also, should we bring any specif items with us? Spare blanket, hot paws, etc.

Thank you.

The only difference is as you stated you will be in 10 man tents and there will be snow on the ground.  I can't say with 100% certainty how it's done these days, but on my winter BMQ we were not allowed to do the obstacle course.  Otherwise your course will be no different than any other BMQ except you will be cold.

The search function is a great thing on this forum  ;)

http://forums.air-force.ca/forums/threads/98308.0/topicseen.html

RCDcpl said:
The only difference is as you stated you will be in 10 man tents and there will be snow on the ground.  I can't say with 100% certainty how it's done these days, but on my winter BMQ we were not allowed to do the obstacle course.  Otherwise your course will be no different than any other BMQ except you will be cold.

Awesome, thanks! Its understandable not being allowed to do the obstacle course.

Back