• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Will This Stop Me From Getting Recruited?

cadpat98

Inactive
Reaction score
I was born blind in one eye.. well not totally blind. i am 20/20 in one eye and the bad eye..well, i can see out of, it is just really blurry so my optometrist says i am "legally blind" i am just wondering if this will stop me from getting recruited in the future? or should i talk to a military advisor?
i am going into my 3rd year of international relations and was thinking i should start by joining the reserves as a "summer job" bc i know a few people from my city that have done that.
anyway, just wondering what you think about my medical situation.. i know recruiters cheat all the time but just thought id post this for reassurance.

The Reserves is more than just a summer job, there is a commitment to parade(train) with the unit during the rest of the year as well.

Also,  recruiters do not "cheat", etc, they follow the policies set forth by the Canadian Forces Recruiting Group, etc

I'm not in recruiting or medical, but I would guess being legally blind may cause some issues, but you would have to see what the medical section says for the official answer.

Only a medical officer/technician can provide that information for you.  Go ahead and apply and your medical will determine that.

And as the the person above stated, recruiters do not 'cheat'.  We follow the standards that are set out by the Canadian Armed Forces.  When it comes to medical issues/questions, only the medical personnel can answer that.

Back