• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Everything KeLouJoH knows [Split from other threads]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite challenging trained medical staff in other threads, you admit not being a trained PMed,
I am afraid I don't understand what you mean, sir. So challenging trained medical staff is not allowed on this site?

And what's wrong with my not being a trained PMed? Do I need some kind of professional qualification in order to participate on this board?

Agreed. Your 59 posts have clearly demonstrated what you do not know. Read more, post less.
Well sir, reading and responding to posts is how I learn.

I am starting to feel like this site is one gigantic high school clique. The in-crowd here are fiercely loyal to one another and someone challenging an established member here is seen as some kind of attack.

You're talking to professionals here. Some that have extensive knowledge from living in semi primitive locations for extended periods. Don't piss on their back and tell them it's raining. They don't take psuedoadvice from ignorant neophytes lightly.
How am I "pissing" on people's back? All I did was share some personal experience that I have. Why is this not allowed? And how come I cannot challenge the professionals here, but you can call me an ignorant neophyte?

condition doesn’t equal disease.
I know that condition isn't necessarily a disease. However, in the context that we are talking about, which is the guy applying for insurance for his pregnant wife, the insurance company saying it's an "existing condition", it implies it's a disease, or, a diseased state of being.

Most people associate the word "condition" with disease. Especially when it's used in a medical context.

I am afraid I don't understand what you mean, sir. So challenging trained medical staff is not allowed on this site?

And what's wrong with my not being a trained PMed? Do I need some kind of professional qualification in order to participate on this board?

I am starting to feel like this site is one gigantic high school clique. The in-crowd here are fiercely loyal to one another and someone challenging an established member here is seen as some kind of attack.

How am I "pissing" on people's back? All I did was share some personal experience that I have. Why is this not allowed? And how come I cannot challenge the professionals here, but you can call me an ignorant neophyte?
congratulations. In all the years that I have been on this site you are the very first person that I have set on ignore.

Challenging « trained » anyone here is generally not recommended. We have a variety of people here trained in various professional fields and challenging their expertise in said fields is done so at one’s peril.
Nothing and You don’t. How you participate with the trained types will determine the kind of response you get.

lol. I doubt there is an in crowd. Some of the people you claim are loyal to each other have had epic clashes with each other here. The common denominator is not putting up with BS and recognizing when people are out of their lanes and such.
What area of personal professionalism that you have are you being challenged on? And why are you challenging the professionals in the first place and from what position are you challenging from?

I really have no idea why your hygiene practices are of any relevance to this thread or why you thought it might be of interest.

Really? Are they really that deadly? I thought the hard drugs work by gradually making one addicted. If they make you drop dead in one hit, then it's an incredibly serious health concern.
Fentanyl has changed that equation, every street level drug including pot has some extra chemical lacing. It takes very little to kill you.

I know that condition isn't necessarily a disease. However, in the context that we are talking about, which is the guy applying for insurance for his pregnant wife, the insurance company saying it's an "existing condition", it implies it's a disease, or, a diseased state of being.

Most people associate the word "condition" with disease. Especially when it's used in a medical context.
It was my wife. Pre-existing condition being she was pregnant when the insurance policy started.

congratulations. In all the years that I have been on this site you are the very first person that I have set on ignore.
It's ok. Debating isn't for everyone.
Challenging « trained » anyone here is generally not recommended. We have a variety of people here trained in various professional fields and challenging their expertise in said fields is done so at one’s peril.
"Done at one's peril"? You make it sound like challenging people here is dangerous.

Nothing and You don’t. How you participate with the trained types will determine the kind of response you get.
True. And I am saying that I don't deserve the kind of responses I get. I did challenge someone, however it's like you said, it is allowed. But someone came and insulted me, which was all fine and dandy with everybody, but when I responded to said insult, suddenly I am some kind of "ignorant neophyte" who "pisses on people's back".

Why is there such a huge double standard between how they treat an established member, and how they treat me?

lol. I doubt there is an in crowd. Some of the people you claim are loyal to each other have had epic clashes with each other here. The common denominator is not putting up with BS and recognizing when people are out of their lanes and such.
I don't have a problem with people calling me out for my ignorance. But that's not what they do. They call me names and gang up on me and stuff like that. A moderator is even giving me h*ll for supposedly dredging up an old thread even though the thread was still kind of fresh sitting on page 2. To me this shows that he has something against me, and is possibly looking for a pretext to ban me.
What area of personal professionalism that you have are you being challenged on?
No. I am not saying I am being challenged on. I am challenging someone's professionalism.

And why are you challenging the professionals in the first place and from what position are you challenging from?
I don't need any reason to challenge a professional, I don't need a "position", either. My thinking something is wrong is enough reason for me to say something. We are encouraged to question one another, this is the whole point of having a discussion.
I really have no idea why your hygiene practices are of any relevance to this thread or why you thought it might be of interest.
Well, I did not bring up my hygiene practices out of nowhere. I said what I said in response to "Is wiping your ass with clothing from dead people some kind alt-right wing racist statement?", which is hygiene-related. But apparently someone can say things about wiping asses with cloth but somehow I cannot share my related thoughts.

In other words, you defend someone who just attacked another poster for no apparent reason. This is how you roll.

Yes I am new. What's your point?

I was under the impression that you were a young sprog from seeing what you posted over the few days that you've been on this site. I must have confused you with one of the other recent participants who start off in the recruiting pages asking whether they should be a ninja warrior sniper helicopter pilot or if the doctor will fail them on the medical because of the additional ear growing in the centre of their forehead (noted and maybe questioned, but not necessarily disqualifying) or they once needed to take medication in order to cope with life (that actually needs further investigation). Well, colour me wrong.
I believe that the last time I looked, the Canadian forces' age requirements for new recruits were between 18 and 45. I am in my 40s. Just wondering if I should still apply? I kind of have this fear that I shouldn't bother, that I am too old for them.

But you did raise one of the other flags. That's maybe why your past posts registered with me. It's one of those "not me, just asking for a friend questions" that will colour the opinion of anyone with experience in military recruiting or health care. We're a suspicious lot.
I see, thank you for the response madam.

Question: what about conditions that affect the mind? Schizophrenia, or something less serious like OCD or bipolar.

I haven't been paying a lot of attention to these forums in the 2 weeks since I started this thread, so I had to go back to see why the definition of "condition" is being debated.
I have seen worse, much much worse…

When my wife and I moved to Florida in 2009, my employer provided health care considered my wife being pregnant a pre-existing condition, so there went $7,500…

And then someone made a joke about pregnancy being "existing" and away to the races. All I can say to @KevinB is he should have kept it in his pants for a year or two and the ACA (Obamacare - passed in 2010) would may have put the kybosh on his health insurer either denying coverage or increasing premiums based on his good lady wife being in the family way.

Yes, it was a "pre-existing condition". In this circumstance, "condition" is not a medical term, it's an insurance term. But that doesn't really matter anymore, because you started an argument in which you think you are right and and all these other people who disagree with you or question your experience, knowledge, intelligence or common sense are now opponents. This is not an argument you can win, even if you are technically correct. (As an aside, I don't think you are - so put me in your schmuck column). Because it has now reached the stage where you're irritating people. Doesn't matter, this is the internet, where everybody is an asshole at one time or another.

Last edited:
I was under the impression that you were a young sprog from seeing what you posted over the few days that you've been on this site. I must have confused you with one of the other recent participants who start off in the recruiting pages asking whether they should be a ninja warrior sniper helicopter pilot or if the doctor will fail them on the medical because of the additional ear growing in the centre of their forehead (noted and maybe questioned, but is not necessarily disqualifying) or they once needed to take medication in order to cope with life (that actually needs further investigation). Well, colour me wrong.

Sounds like you want to insult me but don't want to break site rules.
But you did raise one of the other flags. That's maybe why your past posts registered with me. It's one of those "not me, just asking for a friend questions" that will colour the opinion of anyone with experience in military recruiting or health care. We're a suspicious lot.
Not sure what you are saying. So If I ask a few questions, that means I am like, what, a spy from China?

I don't understand the basis of your suspicion. What would I get out of infiltrating this fine forum?

Yes, it was a "pre-existing condition". In this circumstance, "condition" is not a medical term, it's an insurance term.
Thank you. If someone had clarified this, none of this would have happened.

But that doesn't really matter anymore, because you started an argument in which you think you are right and and all these other people who disagree with you or question your experience, knowledge, intelligence or common sense are now opponents.
No sir. I merely said my piece and then dapaterson came in and insulted me. Why can't anybody see this? I was just responding to his insult. I never said I was right or had more knowledge or more intelligent or any of that.

This is not an argument you can win, even if you are technically correct. (As an aside, I don't think you are - so put me in your schmuck column).
You talk as if I treat anybody who contradicts me as an opponent. No, I don't.

Because it has now reached the stage where you're irritating people.
The only reason I am "irritating" people is because they can't see that dapaterson drew first blood. He insulted me first and for no apparent reason and I was just responding to him.

Doesn't matter, this is the internet, where everybody is an asshole at one time or another.
How exactly am I being an "asshole"? Just because I am defending myself?

Housing in Canada is increasingly unaffordable because the government keeps letting in immigrants. The country literally gets more people than its infrastructure can provide for.

Question for any & all… has ANYBODY on this site ever been called or contacted, or asked questions, that are for these polls the media publishes? Does anybody know anybody who has been?

I’m just wondering who the heck these so-called polling companies actually contact. And is there a way to verify whether the poll was actually conducted and somewhat accurate, or are they making it up? 🤷🏼‍♂️

(I’ve never been contacted, and I don’t know a single person who has.)
I have never been contacted by any pollsters, either.

Also, regarding the legitimacy of polls, I think that they specifically design the questions in a way so as to lead people to answer in a particular way. Apparently the tricks they use are ethically questionable. I don't put too much stock in poll results because of this. The questions aren't fair and honest.

Housing in Canada is increasingly unaffordable because the government keeps letting in immigrants. The country literally gets more people than its infrastructure can provide for.
I disagree. Canada has the social capacity to welcome immigrants, As a country, Canada is probably the country in the world which is the most welcoming of new Canadians. That is a huge economic strength. It is a real driver of our country’s economic growth at a time when all of the industrialized countries in the world are facing huge demographics challenges, we are extremely fortunate.

Why is there such a huge double standard between how they treat an established member, and how they treat me?
It’s not a double standard. It’s standard fare for established members with a history of posts, content etc to be treated differently from newish types who arrive and post all over the place over multiple threads, responding to much older threads with no rhyme or reason.

It’s not a double standard. It’s standard fare for established members with a history of posts, content etc to be treated differently from newish types who arrive and post all over the place over multiple threads, responding to much older threads with no rhyme or reason.
So responding to older threads is against the rules?

Did you see the part where I said the thread was relatively fresh, sitting on page 2?

So responding to older threads is against the rules?
No. Were you told that?
Did you see the part where I said the thread was relatively fresh, sitting on page 2?
Sure. Check the date though.

You asked about a double standard. I told you what the standard is. Established members have a history to go off of. Fact is, that no one knows you yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back