• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Where do I go from here?

Update, I finally got the changes I was looking for this morning and got changed to open positions this morning and then 6 hours later I got an e-mail saying my file is finally transferred to my local recruiter. :)

AceOfSpades said:
Update, I finally got the changes I was looking for this morning and got changed to open positions this morning and then 6 hours later I got an e-mail saying my file is finally transferred to my local recruiter. :)

Sounds good. So what are your choices now?

I am applying for to Air Weapons System Technician, Artillery Soldier-Air Defence, and Supply Technician. Very random mix I know, I just looked up what they do and they seemed really interesting and something I could do.

AceOfSpades said:

Nice, I got that same email that day too I believe..
Now I just need to send in 2 letters of reference. Simple enough.

AceOfSpades said:
I am applying for to Air Weapons System Technician, Artillery Soldier-Air Defence, and Supply Technician. Very random mix I know, I just looked up what they do and they seemed really interesting and something I could do.

Nice, good luck dude!

B.Dias said:
Nice, I got that same email that day too I believe..
Now I just need to send in 2 letters of reference. Simple enough.
Damn I haven't gotten anything about a cover letter yet.

AceOfSpades said:
Damn I haven't gotten anything about a cover letter yet.

I don't think it's a cover letter.. you get 2 people (I have my boss and a teacher) write a reference letter for you.

You sure about the letters? I thought they just ask for reference contacts.

"Letter of Reference?":
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/104238.0

You don't need to include letters of reference. In fact, they don't even ask for it.

You probably just saw it on the DND website that shows the progress of your application, right?

Yeah It said "required" on that gov site where you see your status for your application...

I applied in July 2012 and never had to submit reference letters. What you WILL need are professional reference contacts (from school, work, etc), and other contacts who can confirm your employment etc. The forms and the email you get make everything clear.

B.Dias said:
Yeah It said "required" on that gov site where you see your status for your application...

I've recently been through the application process (April 2012-October 2012). I was accepted for Infantry, a very competitive trade at the moment and I did not hand in any reference letters. Why? Because I was not asked too. Neither were you, you're just assuming you need to because it is a blank space on the DND website.

You fill out a sheet of paper with your 3 references the day of your CFAT, I believe it was. Simple as that!

Thats good you got in for infantry, congrats.
Did you get that (application complete) email that we got? If so, how long did it take for the next step?

Oh  I don't know why I wrote cover letter I meant references :S. So now I just wait until my local center calls me?

B.Dias said:
Thats good you got in for infantry, congrats.
Did you get that (application complete) email that we got? If so, how long did it take for the next step?

Ya I got that email once they had received my documents (birth certificate and transcripts).

Took just under 2 months from when I got the email to my CFAT.

Timberwolf said:
Ya I got that email once they had received my documents (birth certificate and transcripts).

Took just under 2 months from when I got the email to my CFAT.
Nice, thats good, hope I have the same outcome  :nod:

B.Dias said:

I hate to break the news to you but "That gov site" where you can go to check on the status of your application......is no longer updated, so don't bother using it!!!

Back