• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's your gas price? 2.0

I know this topic has been dormant for a while but I am curious if everyone has had a dramatic increase at the pumps in the past week. Here in Petawawa the price of gas has jumped 10 cents in the past week and currently at 95.9 cents/L.
        I understand the whole world crude oil increase due to turmoil etc. Can someone explain to me how the oil companies can justify a 10 cent increase in a week?? Also why does the increase suddenly appear just before the weekend or holidays. March Break gas prices should be insane!

We managed to stay below a dollar in Kelowna... but just barely. We're up to 99.9 again. It might have been as low as 89.9 a couple weeks ago but I can't remember for sure.

90.2 when I filled up in Port Elgin NB this morning before crossing the Confederation Bridge.

0.000 in Toronto !!!!!!!!!
ESSO (and Canadian Tire) have run out of gas and Petro Canada is limiting how much people are filling up their tanks...I think we're still in the high 80's everywhere else.

Perhaps this is a contributing factor. (besides, of course, oil companies being money grubbing jerks)

Gas shortage a symptom of big Ontario problem, group says
LINK

An Ontario refinery fire has left gas stations with dry tanks and higher prices because the province depends too heavily on imported fuel, an independent retail group says.

Jane Savage, president of the Canadian Independent Petroleum Marketers Association, said the Feb. 15 fire at Imperial Oil's Nanticoke plant has triggered "a very severe shortage."

"I'd characterize it as probably the worst supply situation the industry here in Ontario has seen in decades," she told CBC News Online on Wednesday.

Speaking from her east-end Toronto office, Savage said the shortage has been accompanied by a rise in the wholesale prices charged by Imperial and other refiners.

Grrrrr 105.5.

Lowest i've see was 86.6 about 4 weeks ago, after all discounts.

PS
http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_retail_price_chart.aspx?time=24

can someone explain to me why in the world Vancouver average is ~10-15 cents over national average?

:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:
Victoria $102.9
Gas always seems to go up just before I need to fill up!

Gee... what is their excuse there? Did they have to "transport it" from Ontario's refineries back to Manitoba, Sask, and then to Quebec?  :mad:

Windsor is $0.999 but coming back from Detroit it was $0.61 on the US side.  Guess where I gassed up? 

In Oakville by my work they are all $0.00 as they are out of gas.  Around here in Burlington, the ones that still have some is around $0.94-0.99.

Back