• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

I work part-time at the Canex Expressmart in Edmonton, which is right across the street from a Timmies.
A regular customer comes into work, steps up to the counter.

Him:  I would like a large triple, triple, please!
Me:  Ummmm....(with a big smile) I think you're at the wrong place.
Him: OMG, I can't believe I just did that! F**k
Me: LOL

Made my night, still laugh when I think about it.  :D

Caffeine OD made me kill wife

Man says excessive caffeine from sodas, energy drinks, diet pills rendered him temporarily insane

A Kentucky man accused of strangling his wife is poised to claim that excessive caffeine from sodas, energy drinks and diet pills left him so mentally unstable he couldn't have knowingly killed her, his lawyer has notified a court.

The murder trial of Woody Will Smith, 33, was scheduled to start Monday in Newport, Ky., in connection with the May 2009 death of Amanda Hornsby-Smith, 28.

Defence lawyer Shannon Sexton filed notice with the court of plans to argue his client ingested so much caffeine in the days leading up to the killing that it rendered him temporarily insane — unable even to form the intent of committing a crime.

More at link

Three cups of coffee is an overdose?  Somebody get me to a hospital!!    :eek:

I only feel like strangling people when I haven't had coffee......    ::)

And of course who's he going to blame for ingesting too much caffiene in the first place?  I'm willing to bet there'll be a law suit against some coffee chain or soda chain or all of the above similar to those against tobacco firms.

So many stupid people, not enough ammo...

MM

Not today, but a few weeks ago.  It was supposed to be a pep talk (paraphrased).

Everyone wants to be an infanteer.  408 squadron pilots, MPs, Service Battalion, Field Amb.  They all want to be infanteers.  They envy you.

stealthylizard said:
Not today, but a few weeks ago.  It was supposed to be a pep talk (paraphrased).

Everyone wants to be an infanteer.  408 squadron pilots, MPs, Service Battalion, Field Amb.  They all want to be infanteers.  They envy you.

And who told you this???  :rofl:

stealthylizard said:

Wouldn't that comment be better placed in the Canadians and Distorted Reality thread? :whistle:
:stirpot:

stealthylizard said:

someone needs to pee in a bottle

Oh No a Canadian said:
i am planning a road trip to buy a HUMVEE because of the weather in EDMONTON is getting weirder to me...

;D

First post to this thread....beaten to the punch

Injury not yet exposed and jeans not yet cut open to see protruding bone.

Responder in Training: "Requesting EMS for a patient with a compound fracture of the right leg"
Patient: "Where the @%&# did you go to school, the x-ray vision Academy of Paramedicin!?"

We all found it a little funny ;D

Rogo said:
Injury not yet exposed and jeans not yet cut open to see protruding bone.

Responder in Training: "Requesting EMS for a patient with a compound fracture of the right leg"
Patient: "Where the @%&# did you go to school, the x-ray vision Academy of Paramedicin!?"

We all found it a little funny ;D

Training weekend?

MGalantine said:
Bunch of random political science students the table over in the campus pub...

"You know those engineers... they're not smart. They just follow the rules like sheep. Anybody can do physics. Now... us? We're smarter and better because we think outside of the box."

Aaaahahahaha. That's gold.

Funny how the free market places so much more value on engineers than political scientists, eh? One might argue that most engineers are simply more in touch with objective reality, and consequently better suited to thrive in the real world.

Political science is a fascinating field, but few within it will ever contribute anything of any significance or novelty. Most will spend their careers wrangling over minor details, contest definitions and attempting to draw out snippits of causality out of masses of correllation. Engineers make things, and at the bar at night get served beer and french fries by political science graduates.

Back