• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

Put quotes on that, it almost made me think you said it!  ;D

Sometimes I think some people just dont get it.

Weekend BMQ this past weekend. Obviously lots of pushups and related PT.

Our section 2ic asked us if anyone was injured. One of our section put up his hand...." Yes Master Corporal"...

"How are you injured?" the MCpl asked.

"My arms are really sore, I mean..they hurt when I move them......"

Somehow I don't think this kid is going to make it. How he got to 19 years old is absolutely beyond me.....

Bluebulldog said:
Sometimes I think some people just dont get it.

Weekend BMQ this past weekend. Obviously lots of pushups and related PT.

Our section 2ic asked us if anyone was injured. One of our section put up his hand...." Yes Master Corporal"...

"How are you injured?" the MCpl asked.

"My arms are really sore, I mean..they hurt when I move them......"

Somehow I don't think this kid is going to make it. How he got to 19 years old is absolutely beyond me.....

Somehow, this story got to me yesterday. Is this the same kid who quit on day 1 or two?

Bluebulldog said:
No he's still in.

Are you on BMQ 1008? At the  John Foote Armouries?

No, I am definately not on BMQ haha. I just heard through the pipeline (rumours and news spread fast in the military take note and take rumours with a grain of salt).

SevenSixTwo said:
No, I am definately not on BMQ haha. I just heard through the pipeline (rumours and news spread fast in the military take note and take rumours with a grain of salt).

Seen.

No the guy who went home late Sat had a viral infection...so he may be okay by the next training weekend.

Cheers.

Example 1

Sgt: Can anyone give me an example of workplace abuse or inappropriate abuse of power?

Cantidate: a Mcpl or Sgt instructing me to do something that I do not want to do ::)

Example 2
(cantidate pulls out his cell phone during the course WO adress to check an adress or text message)
Mcpl: IF I SEE THAT PHONE AGAIN I WILL CONFISCATE IT

Cantidate: But I was just checking for something

second guessing course staff is hazardous for you and your coursemates health!!!!
Also along the lines of somepeople dont get it!!!

RTG

Heck. I'm just glad we get to have our phones and can use them in the evenings once we're on our time. Gives me a chance to call the wife.

Years ago when I was on QL2/3 it was the gang of payphones out by the road ( Petawawa). Of course back then cell phones were as big as a brick.........

Wow.....suddenly I feel really old.....

Conversation during my first meeting of my 22 year old sister's 34 year-old boyfriend.......

Him: So you're in the Army?

Me (in full CADPAT): Well, I'm an Officer Cadet in the Canadian Forces.

Him: Yeah, I have a bunch of friends in JTF2 and the Special Forces; they've got the best stories.

2010newbie said:
Conversation during my first meeting of my 22 year old sister's 34 year-old boyfriend.......

Him: So you're in the Army?

Me (in full CADPAT): Well, I'm an Officer Cadet in the Canadian Forces.

Him: Yeah, I have a bunch of friends in JTF2 and the Special Forces; they've got the best stories.

Sure they do...they just cant share 'em......

Also from a BMQ course this weekend:

1. While on a 5 minute break from lecture to refill canteens and take care of biological admin we were directed by a MCpl to perform a task and a fellow platoon member replied "but we're on a break".

2. A section mate keeps leaving parts of his kit on his bunk and the kit fairy keeps taking those pieces of kit and hiding them amongst other people's kit. He was constantly surprised when this happened. When I told him flat out that he needed to get a hold of his kit otherwise he could likely be charged his response was "Why?"

I hope people start "switching on" soon.

Maybe we should have a thread for the current batch of weekend BMQ's. Share experiences and what not.

From my Global Studies class

"What the hell are army people doing on UN missions?"
folowed by
"I dont thing the Army should do peacekeeping"

edit: forgot to include his reasoning (also this was about the military world wide)
but his reasoning was that the UN could protect more people if they(armed peacekeepers) had their weapons taken away.
his tone of voice was a very condescending one.
Also according to him the UN is always very successful in protecting people its trying to

so mostly this was a series of dumb comments in my viewpoint

CEEBEE501 said:
classmate who the instructor and many other students agreed with

Did you give him examples where his statements were incorrect?

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, though you should assertain as to whether or not it's an informed one and take it from there.  Of course, if it's based solely on hanging out with his hippy friends and not actually getting out into the real world, that can be pointed out to him and others, preferably in a public venue.

MM

Newt said:
Also from a BMQ course this weekend:

1. While on a 5 minute break from lecture to refill canteens and take care of biological admin we were directed by a MCpl to perform a task and a fellow platoon member replied "but we're on a break".

2. A section mate keeps leaving parts of his kit on his bunk and the kit fairy keeps taking those pieces of kit and hiding them amongst other people's kit. He was constantly surprised when this happened. When I told him flat out that he needed to get a hold of his kit otherwise he could likely be charged his response was "Why?"
Hahaha, Man oh Man I can't wait until I get to teach these kids.

A freind of mine tells me stories of his predep training. 

He's an MP; the MP PL get to train in the field with VanDoos.  The last day, some VanDoos have the bright idea of stealing kit from the MPs.

The VanDoos get caught very easily and get in huge shit.

I think about the story and ask myself, how anyone could be stupid enough to steal from MPs, of all people? :???:

Back