• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

Big Beef said:
B) Do you play Call of Duty? (followed by "I bet you're really good" after ignoring the question )

I laughed hard at the mental image of this scenario. Rough day.

McD said:

It was rough... 2000+ students, and that's just day one.

Thankfully, I'm not required to go back; and I have a Criminology Exam tomorrow  ;D

Big Beef said:
It was rough... 2000+ students, and that's just day one.

Thankfully, I'm not required to go back; and I have a Criminology Exam tomorrow  ;D

I always feel bad for the ones at the Stampede, or CNE...They must get a thousand an hour coming and going. Count your blessings.

McD said:

Haha silly kids.  Real war isn't video games.

Did he ask what kind of respawn and lag times you are getting?

So do you play Call of Duty?

And if so are you really good at it?  >:D

Seriously having done a lot of those "meet the public dog and pony shows" in my time I do remember the assine questions. 8)

We had had the AVLB and AEV at the Stampede one year.  We did a demo every hour on the bridge deployment.  We had just completed one when one of "those guys" strolls up.  You know the type, looks like he thinks he knows something you don't.  Asks what the bridge is used for.  I replied that it was a mobile grease rack, and that we were a high mobility vehicle servicing team, because armoured vehicles need their oil changed and track greased every 7 1/2 hours in the field.  He walked off, saying that he already knew that, but thanks for the info.

I remember one year in Calgary doing a static display for the "Stay in School" program there - no problems for us, usually intelligent questions, my friend on the Leopard though, "How many people can this kill?", "How many people have you Killed?" questions came up alot.

MM

We also told people that the packaged up bridge was a tactical nuke launcher.  My buddy liked to tell people it was a 1000 slice toaster.

MSN speak?? ... we don't like to type

ArmyVern said:
It's original.

What the heck is "tmmrw" --- ??

I already know the answer; we just try to keep away from MSN speak around these parts is all.

I agree.  Your inability to master spelling of simple words like "tomorrow" is quite stupid.  Almost everyone else on this forum manages to use their command of official languages effectively.  One might say, in accordance with site guidelines.

Shame you just couldn't take the advice from a member and leave it at that.  Instead you followed through on the burning desire to make an *** of yourself here.  ::) 

Milnet.ca Staff

We (some of us) don't like to type for a good reason.
It's all we do @ work all day, 5 days a week, 45 hours a week.
Remember, I am a civilian.
And I do beleive, that every word that I typed in my post, was complete.
I was just sticking up for the person who was criticized for shorthanding "tomorrow"
Asta Manyana

Kyle Burrows said:
I agree.  Your inability to master spelling of simple words like "tomorrow" is quite stupid.  Almost everyone else on this forum manages to use their command of official languages effectively.  One might say, in accordance with site guidelines.

Shame you just couldn't take the advice from a member and leave it at that.  Instead you followed through on the burning desire to make an *** of yourself here.  ::) 

Milnet.ca Staff

SuzenM said:
I was just sticking up for the person who was criticized for shorthanding "tomorrow"
Asta Manyana

Review your posts.

Note the "diff".  ;)

Meanwhile, there are TONNES of civilians on this site and yet, they too manage to utilize proper grammar and language (and get the same when they do not); it is NOT an official DND or CF site. It also happens to be "privately owned and operated" and that gentleman has some ground rules which the good mod already pointed out to you. I too, even though I am not a civilian, spend about 40 hours a week typing - at work and then I come here and type properly too. Why? Because it is one of the rules of this site.

One of which is no MSN speak. You'll also note that in my post you quoted - that I wrote "I already know the answer". You see, I too have teenage children who use MSN speak - the point was correcting a member on their (repeated) use of MSN on this site which is not allowed by the site guidelines.

I hope you have a great day and happy typing.

ArmyVern
Mentor
Milnet.ca

Edited to add: It was also a correction of a member made two years ago - I think I was a mod still when it was done.

SuzenM said:
Asta Manyana

The dumbest thing I heard to day is you.

Civilian? Whats that got to do with the price of fish?

Good english, along with proper grammar and punctuation is simply called being educated and putting that to good use in front of other like minded people.

OWDU

the fish is dead

the birds too,

in the gulf

the price of fish with civilians is whatever it is.

ssssssssssss

"Are you doing renovations?"

As every hallway/door/carpet is torn up there are swing stages attached to both buildings and the parking lot torn up with cement being poured......

Overwatch Downunder said:
The dumbest thing I heard to day is you.

Civilian? Whats that got to do with the price of fish?

Good english, along with proper grammar and punctuation is simply called being educated and putting that to good use in front of other like minded people.

OWDU
SuzenM said:
the fish is dead

the birds too,

in the gulf

the price of fish with civilians is whatever it is.

ssssssssssss

You can both stop right now. The playground is closed.

Milnet.ca Staff

PMedMoe said:
Man claims cow seduced him for sex

An 18-year-old Indonesian man says he was seduced by a cow, and that's why he was having sex with it.

A neighbour caught Gusti Ngurah Alit allegedly wooing the farm animal on Sunday, the village chief on the resort island of Bali said, the Times newspaper in Johannesburg, South Africa reported Friday.

"He was caught by one of the residents standing naked while holding the back of the cow," village chief Embang Ida Bagus Legawa said in the newspaper.

Alit said he didn't see an animal, he saw a beautiful young woman.

"She called my name and seduced me, so I had sex with her," the man told the newspaper.

Alit underwent a cleansing ritual. The village chief gave the owner of the cow the equivalent of $562.

The cow was reportedly drowned in the sea to rid the village of bad luck.

Aha!  There's always more to the story!

80c9e37c-d585-466f-bfba-ab7d753c85f6.jpg

Danjanou said:
So do you play Call of Duty?

And if so are you really good at it?  >:D

Seriously having done a lot of those "meet the public dog and pony shows" in my time I do remember the assine questions. 8)

I played Call of Duty 4 once with a friend of mine from high school who moved to Vancouver shortly after I did... Needless to say, I now know why I stick to mountain biking and kayaking... I'm good at one but not the other  ;D

But yes, I do count my blessings. One day I will be a one of those battle-hardended (maybe  :p) grumpy Sergeants at the CFLRS... and some of those kids will come through  ;) That would make my day and a half! :rofl:

PMedMoe said:
Aha!  There's always more to the story!

80c9e37c-d585-466f-bfba-ab7d753c85f6.jpg

This is exactly what I mean when I say to people, "Things could be worse".

My entry for this thread:

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=steven+paul+boone+ottawa&meta=&aq=1&aqi=g6g-s1g1g-s1g1&aql=&oq=steven+pau&gs_rfai=

There's a local case in Ottawa of a someone who knowingly put others at risk for HIV infection (an 18 year old got it, possibly others) through non-disclosure. The police put up a picture of this individual to warn others who may have had contact, and there are people who are upset about it, saying "OMG his privacy is being invaded," or "OMG it's discriminatory" which is stupid because he gave up his right to privacy when he decided to recklessly endanger other lives. 

Apparently, it's more imortant to protect the rights of some selfish scumbag than the public's safety.

I don't know what's worse; the fact that he did it, or the fact that people are trying to defend him.   

Back