• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

Nemo888 said:
I work at the hospital. This is the Doc's exact words.

"I need a medium anuscope stat."

I can't think of any reason why an anuscope would be stat. But then I was wondering why she asked for a medium. Is she like my tailor?

Maybe I missed something in First Aid, but what in tarnation are you talking about?

Burger chain unveils beer-spiked milkshake
September 11, 2012 FoxNews.com
Article Link

Red Robin Gourmet Burgers has unveiled a special beer milkshake made with Samuel Adams Octoberfest, soft serve vanilla ice cream, vanilla syrup and caramel.

"Nothing says Oktoberfest better than a beer, so I incorporated the fun spirit of Red Robin into this innovative milkshake," said Donna Ruch, master mixologist with Red Robin. "Now, our guests don't have to choose between a beer or a shake to go with their burger. They can have the very best of both in our new Octoberfest Milkshake."

Along with the milkshake, other Oktoberfest offering at Red Robin will feature warm pretzel bites served with beer cheese and beer mustard and return of the Oktoberfest burger made with a toasted pretzel bun, beer mustard, melted Swiss cheese, sauteed onions, ham and lettuce.

Red Robin isn't the only burger chain to offer booze-spiked milkshakes.

Bobby's Burger Palace (as in Bobby Flay) sells bourbon, rum and vodka-spiked milkshakes, TGI Friday's sells milkshakes made with Guinness stout in honor of St. Patrick's Day and the Counter, a Los Angeles-based burger chain, offers a variety of alcoholic shakes, including versions made with red or white wine.
More on link

Nemo888 said:

I can't think of any reason why an anuscope would be stat. But then I was wondering why she asked for a medium. Is she like my tailor?

Your tailor uses a medium anuscope ?
Wow -and I used to think having my inseam measured was kinda ticklish  :eek:

Nemo888 said:

To grab a struggling gerbil or vibrating toy perhaps?  Maybe do something to a bleeding hemorrhoid?

MM

1984 is fast approaching.......

No tolerance for language police
By Charles Adler ,QMI Agency
Article Link

The “Guidelines for Inclusive Language” is a document developed by the Equity and Inclusive Education Working Group for the Durham District School Board, designed to eliminate all words deemed offensive.

Basically, it’s political correctness gone rampant thanks to a few clueless educrats. Just the title and the group of people who came up with this manifesto of BS tell you everything you need to know about the initiative. The guidelines include a cultural proficiency continuum, with a spiral-like graphic indicating the stages of your tolerance.

If you’re a level one, then you are culturally destructive and likely among the most vile individuals roaming the Earth. You’re probably searching for the nearest cultural minority in order to belittle him or her by calling them a “Muslim” or “janitor” or “wife.”

Yes, all three of those words are considered inappropriate by the Durham District School Board.

On the other hand, if you’re a level six on the cultural proficiency continuum, you’re an angel in the eyes of clueless bureaucrats.

You’ve embraced every culture and you do everything to retain your pristine record of political correctness. Of course, you’re probably so terrified of insulting anyone that you keep your mouth shut all the time, in case you offend the educrats. That’s the biggest problem with imposing political correctness in a free society like Canada. The beauty of a democracy is that if someone uses truly reprehensible language, you can call them out and counter their opinion. I do this all the time on my show.

But you don’t need to be told by the language police that your choice of words is destructive and you should be shunned for the rest of your life. I’m certainly not advocating the use of racial slurs or homophobic insults. I choose not to use such words because, like most rational Canadians, I know they’re offensive and unnecessary.

The educrats are going so far as to eliminate gender, nationalities, religions and even certain kinds of jobs from the English language. You aren’t a mother, you’re a parent or guardian. You aren’t a Korean, you’re a person from Korea. You aren’t Jewish, you’re from a Jewish faith group, a term so vague it could define any group of people who believe in anything.

With previously innocent words banned by the language police, many Canadians are afraid to speak up. Political correctness is stripping away at the very foundation of democracy by reducing the ability to speak freely without being harassed by the state or anyone else.

This reign of nonsense needs to end before politicians seriously start pondering laws that could restrict offensive free speech.

Soon we’ll live in a world where history is rewritten to be politically correct, so we can all live in peace without the fear of offending anybody.
More on link

I've been a fan of Adler for a long time!

I just read through most of this document, at least the terms not to use. What a stupid document! What really got to me was the use of an Aboriginal tribe name, and Aboriginal Nation. I have a good friend who's really proud of being an Ojibwa and refers to himself as an Ojibwa, from (name of his reserve). He can call himself an Indian, which he occasionally does, but its an insult if I do, and I respect that.

Durham can do as it likes, I'm not changing!

Yet these are the same folks who accuse the Torries of acting in an Orwellian fashion.

Pretending to Care About Third World Problems Gets Student Laid
Article Link

BERKELEY, CALIFORNIA (The Global Edition) — Steven Evans, a final year UC Berkeley student, managed to have sexual intercourse after pretending to be interested in the catastrophic problems of a third world country, the university newspaper reports. Mr. Evans told reporters that he wanted to have sex with the girl for a while, but that she kept refusing him until he managed to do it by previously talking passionately about “how difficult it must be for kids digging for gold in Ghana.”
“I’ve been trying to find out what she likes in a man for months now. I changed my style, my clothes, my haircut, tried to be funny, romantic, macho… none of that worked until my roommate Jack told me he thinks she is into activism, human rights, and other crap like that, so I decided to change my strategy,” the student said. After learning of the girl’s interests, he said that he “immediately started Googling ‘shitty countries’ problems’”.

“After arming myself with lots of information about the most sympathy-inducing problem I found, I sat next to her at a party and started talking about how it’s an injustice that we can sit here and have fun while at the same time children in Ghana spend their days in illegal gold mines. It was only then that she looked at me like she never did before and that’s when I knew that little African slaves would help me get in her pants. I also said I was thinking of volunteering to build schools in Uganda next year, just to make me appear more lovable,” Mr. Evans said. Afterwards, the object of his affection’s eyes became teary, “especially when he started babbling on and on about child soldiers in Sudan.”

“She grabbed my hand and said she wanted to discuss this further in her room,” Mr. Evans explained. In conclusion, he said that he wished he knew he could get girls this way, because he “would never have spent so many hours doing stupid trainings at the gym.”
end

Overheard today at my favourite lunch spot, a little Pho place in south Ottawa:

"When I flew economy, I felt unsafe.  Then when I flew on my brother's plane, I felt safe.  I felt surrounded by wealth - it was like 'we can't die'." 

::)

GAP said:
The “Guidelines for Inclusive Language” is a document developed by the Equity and Inclusive Education Working Group for the Durham District School Board, designed to eliminate all words deemed offensive.
You’re probably searching for the nearest cultural minority in order to belittle him or her by calling them a “Muslim” or “janitor” or “wife.”
Yes, all three of those words are considered inappropriate by the Durham District School Board.

The educrats are going so far as to eliminate gender, nationalities, religions and even certain kinds of jobs from the English language. You aren’t a mother, you’re a parent or guardian. You aren’t a Korean, you’re a person from Korea. You aren’t Jewish, you’re from a Jewish faith group...

So, they're saying that it's an insult to refer to (for example) a Muslim as a Muslim, or to your wife as your wife.  I don't think that those words are inherently insulting.  If the Durham District School Board does consider those terms to be insults, then perhaps they, themselves, are the source of the offensive thought patterns. 

PMedMoe said:
SCAN seminar... Need I say more?

I found mine quite helpful, with the possible exception of a couple of hours devoted to suggestions on how to find a new purpose in life.  My problem was always too many ideas to fit the time, rather than an absence of ideas.  But the parts about financial planning, education, administration etc. I found fairly useful.  Maybe the seminars have changed. 

bridges said:
I found mine quite helpful, with the possible exception of a couple of hours devoted to suggestions on how to find a new purpose in life.  My problem was always too many ideas to fit the time, rather than an absence of ideas.  But the parts about financial planning, education, administration etc. I found fairly useful.  Maybe the seminars have changed.

Oh don't get me wrong. The presenters are fairly good and the info is great. Some of the participants not so much...

GAP said:
Pretending to Care About Third World Problems Gets Student Laid
Article Link

and that’s when I knew that little African slaves would help me get in her pants.

LOL!!!  That line just cracks me up.  I feel horrible about it, but I couldn't help but laugh.

Canadian.Trucker said:
LOL!!!  That line just cracks me up.  I feel horrible about it, but I couldn't help but laugh.

Me too... because most women would spot the faker a mile away.    ;D

Two guys at Timmies were talking about their custom computers.  I was listening in.
Guy one: I filled mine with mineral oil.*  Haven't had an overheating problem since. I can't figure out why I cannot lift it anymore.
Guy two: Probably because you didn't have 30 pounds of liquid in there before.
Guy one: How would that make it heavier?
Guy two: Seriously? Liquid is damn heavy!
Guy one: I don't understand how this... Oh! The weight of the mineral oil. I see now.

*Yes, computer parts still do work submerged in oil. I had to google that myself after I heard these guys talking.  I take no responsibility if anyone attempts to dunk their computer in oil and damages it.

So, I work near Mount Royal University, a place of "higher learning".  I went to the food court this morning to pick up a Timmies.  The Timmies has three lines that lead to three cash registers.  I don't know how many times I watch the cashier do the usual "next in line please" and have the three (separate) lines look at each other to figure out who was next.

Future leaders coming out of here for sure.

Also, I happened upon the same girl I did a few days ago.  The one that put decaffeinated orange pekoe (cause the packaging is orange you see) in my tea and who I taught about the three different types of orange pekoe that Timmies had (you know, a kind of a "training session" of sorts). Well, she reached right for the orange ones again and I stopped her. 

me: "orange pekoe, NOT decaf"

her: blank stare *blink blink* 

me: the black one

her: *blink blink*

me: pointing.. "there"

her: gets one (two bags is the standard for large teas)

me: two bags

her: *blink blink*

me: two sugar two milk

Finally get my tea, single cupped, scorching hot... I gave up all hope at that point.

Positive spin: yoga pants.. lots and lots of yoga pants.

Bzzliteyr said:
Finally get my tea, single cupped, scorching hot... I gave up all hope at that point.

I've been getting my Timmies folks to toss a handful of ice cubes in the tea - makes it perfect drinking temperature.  Which reminds me of a remark I got from someone at my table recently, who was apparently contemplating (but not too closely) the concept of putting a few ice cubes in a cup of boiling water:  "Won't that make it cold?"    :facepalm:

Back