• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

Been working the fall harvests in the hometown, on the christmas tree farm right now. Hear more dumb stuff said on one 15 minute break than most people hear in a month, but this one is one that CF members can have their way with:

"No, you only have to do TEN years in the Canadian army to get a pension. This guy I know from plenty of fish (internet dating site I guess?) told me he's been in the army for almost 2 years, and in 8 more he can retire. He also got paid $100,000 tax free to go to Afghanistan last year, and when he got back he got a $25,000 bonus for killing more than 30 Taliban!"

???

Sapplicant said:
"No, you only have to do TEN years in the Canadian army to get a pension. This guy I know from plenty of fish (internet dating site I guess?) told me he's been in the army for almost 2 years, and in 8 more he can retire. He also got paid $100,000 tax free to go to Afghanistan last year, and when he got back he got a $25,000 bonus for killing more than 30 Taliban!"

Well, I guess that's one way to try and pick up stupid women.  ::)

Sapplicant said:
B

This guy I know from plenty of fish (internet dating site I guess?)

HAHAHA now that is the stupidest thing I have heard all day. Like you don't know what POF is.  ::)

Where is that laughing guy rolling all over the place when I need him ;D
Oh! :rofl:

Good one !

Sapplicant said:

???
This guy makes it sound like a video game!  Kill 30 Taliban to rank up!  Rank Achieved!  You have earned $25,000!!!!!
..I play to many games...

mover1 said:
HAHAHA now that is the stupidest thing I have heard all day. Like you don't know what POF is.  ::)

Yes, I've heard of it, but other people might not've. ;D

(Remember, we all do/say stupid things. If no one ever said or did anything stupid, most people on this site wouldn't have jobs. Heck, Army.ca might not even exist :eek: )

It's not been a good morning though, they woke me up because there was problems. :crybaby: That and there was no coffee.  Oh well.

For what it's worth, when someone says "Good Morning", they aren't stating a fact.  They are instead wishing you to have a good morning.  So, it just means in your case that their wish for you was unfulfilled.

Technoviking said:
For what it's worth, when someone says "Good Morning", they aren't stating a fact.  They are instead wishing you to have a good morning.  So, it just means in your case that their wish for you was unfulfilled.

Kind of like in "We Were Solders":

Sgt. Ernie Savage: Good morning, Sergeant Major.
Sergeant Major Basil Plumley: How do you know what kind of goddamn day it is?

then:

Sergeant Ernie Savage: Beautiful morning, Sergeant Major!
Sergeant Major Basil Plumley: What are you a fucking weatherman now?

;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg5SwyTvAHw&feature=player_embedded

dumb but at the same time funny. I would vote for this guy. purely to see his 'stash get elected.

FlyingDutchman said:
Woman pays for gas, then asks me quite seriously
"How do you put gas in the car?"

I saw this a few times when I started making friends from states with mandatory Full-Service gas-stations.

It's a bizarro feeling.

Reading through some comments on the Globe and Mail site:
sanctimonious
The truth is that people who can not deal with war should not have children.
No children, no risk of them becoming "cannon fodder".
So.....people who believe there's nothing worth defending or going to war over should never breed.

Perhaps not so dumb after all.  ;)

"I think the thing we should be remember is that every world power should pursue a foreign policy based on a balance of power, instead of a missionary zeal to export democracy. Remembering fallen soldiers is all fine and well, but we should also remember why they fell."

Some people...

[RICE] said:
"I think the thing we should be remember is that every world power should pursue a foreign policy based on a balance of power, instead of a missionary zeal to export democracy. Remembering fallen soldiers is all fine and well, but we should also remember why they fell."

Some people...

Not so dumb, IMHO.

Heard this yesterday - "Woohoo! Long weekend! Going to watch the game tomorrow (Nov 11th) or shop!"

No respect at all.

Regards

Emphasis added for clarity.

Der Panzerkommandant.... said:
Heard this yesterday - "Woohoo! Long weekend! Going to watch the game tomorrow (Nov 11th) or shop!"

(....)

Emphasis added for clarity.
Seems pretty clear, even without the emphasis  :mad:

Back