• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

VIChris said:
Not so much heard as read, but when searching for information on this site regarding nijmegen, I was told "You may have meant to search for nutmegging."

Christmas vibe spilling over into the search engine?

LOL. I had to go in and see this one, just to say I did. What the heck is "nutmegging"??!!  :nod:

"Sorry, vern can't come to the phone right now; she's too busy nutmegging the eggnog?"

ModlrMike said:
Heard in the grocery store...

Customer: Are these crabs fresh?

Clerk: They're alive.

Customer: Yes, but are they fresh?

Actually, that's not a dumb thing to ask at all.  You'll probably find that a Maritimer will ask "Are these crab/lobster/etc. fresh?" when they want to know if the product was caught recently, or if it spent 12 weeks in a pound.  Lobster that has spent a long time in a pound will have meat that has shrunken back from the shell, much the same as a soft-shell lobster.  I would have to assume that crab has the same characteristics.

From the CATSA website:
"U.S.A. bound passengers are permitted zero carry-on bags effective immediately and lasting for several days. Passengers travelling within Canada are still permitted two carry-on bags (although to make the screening process most efficient, no carry-on is preferred)."

No $hit sherlock, can the fools at CATSA at least have an original thought instead of blindly following the idiots south of the border.

WrenchBender

It's an old article, but I just saw it over on LF.net

An interview with Val Kilmer, here's the highlight.
Me: You mean you think you literally had the same experience as Doc Holliday?

Kilmer: Oh, sure. It's not like I believed that I shot somebody, but I absolutely know what it feels like to pull the trigger and take someone's life.

You understand how it feels to shoot someone as much as a person who has actually committed a murder?

I understand it more. It's an actor's job. A guy who's lived through the horror of Vietnam has not spent his life preparing his mind for it. He's some punk. Most guys were borderline criminal or poor, and that's why they got sent to Vietnam. It was all the poor, wretched kids who got beat up by their dads, guys who didn't get on the football team, couldn't finagle a scholarship. They didn't have the emotional equipment to handle that experience. But this is what an actor trains to do. I can more effectively represent that kid in Vietnam than a guy who was there.

http://www.esquire.com/features/ESQ0705VALKILMER_120

And I know what it's like to sing to a sold out Madison Square Gardens, because I've lip-synched and pranced about as Mick Jagger listening to Get Yer Ya-Ya's out.  ::)

-Skeletor- said:

Technoviking said:
And I know what it's like to sing to a sold out Madison Square Gardens, because I've lip-synched and pranced about as Mick Jagger listening to Get Yer Ya-Ya's out.  ::)
Stupid, yes, but you gotta like him because he hates Tom Cruise and once punched him out.
From Wikipedia:
Following their appearance together in Top Gun, Kilmer and co-star Tom Cruise reportedly have taken their on-screen conflict off-screen. Reports have classified the two as holding a vitriolic hatred of one another.  Kilmer even refused to participate in a charity beach volleyball game with Cruise on the grounds that he was, quote, "dangerous", although Kilmer is noted to have knocked out Cruise when a fistfight between the two developed during the filming of Top Gun.
;D

-Skeletor- said:

I'm going to forward this one to my father in law, who volunteered to go to Vietnam, and see what he thinks of Mr. Kilmer's assertions.

WrenchBender said:
From the CATSA website:
"U.S.A. bound passengers are permitted zero carry-on bags effective immediately and lasting for several days. Passengers travelling within Canada are still permitted two carry-on bags (although to make the screening process most efficient, no carry-on is preferred)."

Complete idiocy.

The bomb wasn't in his carry-on baggage, it was in his underwear.

They should ban underwear.

Loachman said:
Complete idiocy.

The bomb wasn't in his carry-on baggage, it was in his underwear.

They should ban underwear.
Lets not be to hasty......please....... ;D

Big Silverback said:
Some people really should wear underwear..... >:D

. . . but not around their necks.

Sorry, I thought that might solve the security issue.

I thought this was the recommended manner of wearing one's underwear on the head.

blackadder_fagin.jpg

Spiralling..... ;D

I was at a New Years Eve thing last night. I'm not sure if some of those young ladies had any on....yah know?

Big Silverback said:
Spiralling..... ;D

I was at a New Years Eve thing last night. I'm not sure if some of those young ladies had any on....yah know?

And you are complaining?.....  ::)    or just observing?.........  ;D

This one just shows what some people know:

"We should pull our troops out of Afghanistan and put them in Kandahar"

Back