• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

Just read this:

The committee's report condemns Canada's practice, during the Afghan combat mission which ended last year, of handing prisoners over to Afghan security forces despite a "substantial risk" that they would be tortured.

In addition, the UN committee:

Recommends that Canada promptly approve the transfer of Omar Khadr from Guantanamo to Canadian custody.
    Urges Canada to pay compensation to three men who were the subjects of the Iacobucci Inquiry — Abdullah Almalki, Ahmad Abou Elmaati and Muayyed Nureddin.
    Faults changes to Canada's immigration laws which it says may increase the risk of human rights violations.

ME

Sigs Pig said:
Just read this:

ME

And they are doing such a bang up job in Syria right now that I think we should seek them out to carry around on our shoulders in jubilation.

:sarcasm:

Cpl Bloggins was on duty lock up for the week.  I happen to drive by the building on Saturday and noticed a couple of open windows, so I called Cpl Bloggins at home.

ME: There are windows open at the school
BLOGGINS: They we closed Friday
ME: They are open now.
BLOGGINS: Do you want me to close them?
ME: No, I want you to leave them open so the MPs can call me at 3 in the morning to tell me the windows are open!
BLOGGINS: So you don't want me to close them then?
ME: sigh........................ :facepalm:

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/video/canews-22424922/teacher-suspended-for-giving-zeros-29530108.html

:facepalm:

Norway prison to hire 'friends' to play chess and hockey with Breivik  :facepalm:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/norwegian-prison-looks-hire-friends-play-hockey-convicted-133634075.html#more-34788

Link to original article in The Telegraph:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/norway/9302676/Norway-prison-to-hire-friends-to-play-chess-and-hockey-with-Breivik.html

Perhaps the Norwegians need to rethink their correctional rehabilitation model.

SGT-RMSCLK said:
Cpl Bloggins was on duty lock up for the week.  I happen to drive by the building on Saturday and noticed a couple of open windows, so I called Cpl Bloggins at home.

ME: There are windows open at the school
BLOGGINS: They we closed Friday
ME: They are open now.
BLOGGINS: Do you want me to close them?
ME: No, I want you to leave them open so the MPs can call me at 3 in the morning to tell me the windows are open!
BLOGGINS: So you don't want me to close them then?
ME: sigh........................ :facepalm:

Come on.  How long have you been a Sgt-RMSCLK?  He is a Cpl.  His usual reply would be: "I'm a Cpl.  I didn't Know."

George Wallace said:
Come on.  How long have you been a Sgt-RMSCLK?  He is a Cpl.  His usual reply would be: "I'm a Cpl.  I didn't Know."

He must of fell off the turpin truck. :D

George Wallace said:

I would agree if he was just a dumb grunt, but he actually has a university education.  So, I should expect better.

SGT-RMSCLK said:
I would agree if he was just a dumb grunt, but he actually has a university education.  So, I should expect better.
It's been my experience that they're the ones with the least amount of common sense. Dumb grunts generally have much more.....

Is he a former Edmonton student, perhaps?

Sadukar09 said:
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/video/canews-22424922/teacher-suspended-for-giving-zeros-29530108.html

:facepalm:

As a teacher, I can honestly say that that above situation is why you are seeing more and more "educated" people that don't have a lot of "smarts".  I kind of wished they had fired the teacher in the above article....so that the union/public might make more of a stink about it.  As it is, I haven't heard one parent who thinks that not giving zeros is a great idea.

SGT-RMSCLK said:

Education and intelligence are not synonymous.  There are many well-educated idiots out there and some incredibly smart people who never finished high school.

Pusser said:
Education and intelligence are not synonymous.  There are many well-educated idiots out there and some incredibly smart people who never finished high school.

Completely true.  As a teacher, the smartest kids in the class are not the best students.  I bet you'd be hard pressed to find a teacher that would rather a class full of highly intelligent students compared to a class of hard-working ones.

I was going to post Pat Martin's comments about HM, then I realized everything said by Mr Martin qualifies.

ModlrMike said:
I was going to post Pat Martin's comments about HM, then I realized everything said by Mr Martin qualifies.

Hear hear!

Pat is a gasbag.

Banner on the news channel this morning:

"World Health Organization study determines diesel exhaust causes cancer."

Ummm, ya think?  ::)

PMedMoe said:
Banner on the news channel this morning:

"World Health Organization study determines diesel exhaust causes cancer."

Ummm, ya think?  ::)

Uh-oh... I remember a layer of thick blue haze over our sleeping bags in Wainwright... it was rather pretty actually, covering the snow, with a pink sunrise in the background  ;)

Man what doesn't cause cancer these days  ::)

bridges said:
Uh-oh... I remember a layer of thick blue haze over our sleeping bags in Wainwright... it was rather pretty actually, covering the snow, with a pink sunrise in the background  ;)

I've seen that same sunrise In Wainwright, Suffield, Gagetown, Germany, Holland, and Afghanistan, with it in soooo many places it can't be bad, can it ???

Customer:  I'm an american, and I just want to know, is your price in american or canadian dollars?
Me: ....Canadian.

I was really really tempted to say 'Actually, its in Euro.'

Back